Author Topic: DR. DRE - COMPTON: A SOUNDTRACK BY DR. DRE (Official Discussion)  (Read 51089 times)

Will_B

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2015, 12:27:52 AM »
Full credits now up!!!!

https://www.drdre.com/music

Click on the tracks

Major props bro

This is something digital music never gets in detail. I think normally people don't care who makes the music!

Sccit

« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2015, 02:02:07 AM »
dr dre's final album and he didn't produce 1 beat on it

what a joke

He actually did "produce" the records. The reason he has been listing the stuff as other's stuff, is because he got tired of people saying he didn't produce it when in all truthfulness, most people just brought the beat and are egotistical bastards. But people really think all these other cats produced the record for Dre, when really all they did was bring a beat, Dre touched it up like a true producer, hence the mixing credits.

That's what I'm sayin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »
how do you do an album called Compton with no Quik?

You don't see me moaning about mc eiht and so many other compton artists, but anyway Who cares man just move on.

Well we're on a music message board to discuss music so...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Desert Lord

« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »
i like the game track. he's rappin' a little bit like in his jt the bigga figga days, don't you think?
not so sure about the chorus. the chick sounds a little too much like rihanna to me

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2015, 05:32:47 AM »

what a joke

He actually did "produce" the records. The reason he has been listing the stuff as other's stuff, is because he got tired of people saying he didn't produce it when in all truthfulness, most people just brought the beat and are egotistical bastards. But people really think all these other cats produced the record for Dre, when really all they did was bring a beat, Dre touched it up like a true producer, hence the mixing credits.

In my opinion a true producer makes the beat and mixes the records.. just mixing the record..? That can be done by DJs as well.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #425 on: August 16, 2015, 06:58:52 AM »

what a joke

In my opinion a true producer makes the beat and mixes the records.. just mixing the record..? That can be done by DJs as well.

The thing is, "mixing" to Dr Dre doesn't seem to be mixing in the normal sense, where they hand the beat to a mixing engineer to fix EQ, compression, etc.

Dr Dre will have the bass line replayed, drum sounds changed, samples replayed, adding new melody lines, etc. etc. and then EQ it in a way that is totally unique to Dr Dre... and then will just call that "mixing"...
It's like in the Dubcnn interview with Snoop where he says even though on the Dogg Food album Dre is listed as just "mixing" tracks, Dre actually came in and added loads of stuff...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #426 on: August 16, 2015, 06:59:47 AM »

what a joke

Just because you can do a beat, doesnt mean u can produce a song. Producing is not only the beat making

me1

« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2015, 08:44:39 AM »
Damn, so that means since 1999 we've had two Dre produced albums: 2001 and Relapse.

Lucifuge

« Reply #428 on: August 16, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Peoducer and beatmaker are two diferent worlds. Im suprised you dont know that.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Sccit

« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »

what a joke

No, the beat is the easy part.. The producer arranges the entire track, from the vocals to the beat layering and everything in between. Dre is a true produced in every sense of the word. Only in hip hop is a producer known as solely a beat maker. Beats like Kush sounded completely different when they were first submitted to Dre, and Khalil himself said that. Dre should get 95% of the credit on anything he touches.

Sccit

« Reply #430 on: August 16, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
Damn, so that means since 1999 we've had two Dre produced albums: 2001 and Relapse.

No that's the thing .. Dre produced this album just as much as he did them two, he's simply bein generous wit the credits thru all the complaints over the years

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #431 on: August 16, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »
You guys act as if making the beat and also producing the song would be unheard of or something.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2015, 01:09:51 PM »
You guys act as if making the beat and also producing the song would be unheard of or something.

It's not unheard of, but it's two different things. Dre makes beats as well, but refomulating someone else's beat and getting the absolute best out of it is also classed as producing.

JonnyTanna

« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted as I haven't read all 18 pages on this thread, but check this out: Ice Cube has more tracks with Dre
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/14/ice-cube-dr-dre-unreleased-music

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #434 on: August 16, 2015, 09:30:24 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted as I haven't read all 18 pages on this thread, but check this out: Ice Cube has more tracks with Dre
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/14/ice-cube-dr-dre-unreleased-music

👍🏽 Nice One
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!