Author Topic: DR. DRE - COMPTON: A SOUNDTRACK BY DR. DRE (Official Discussion)  (Read 51016 times)

Jay_J

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #480 on: August 19, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
What's age got to do with this?

I'm over 30 and love the album.

Well put together, there's nothing to hate about it.

If you don't like it, fair enough, what's the point of trying convince people.

to me, point of trying convince people is we shouldnt reduce our expectations.

if we can honestly say compton album is not good enoguh, dr. dre or any other rappers and producers will try for better, try for a classic. not an ordinary album like compton.

CORREA

« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »
streams are up...here we go

Production/writer credits in here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=318919.0

1. Intro
2. Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus)
3. Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4. It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson .Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6. Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7. Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit, COLD 187um & Sly Pyper)
8. Issues (feat. Ice Cube, Anderson .Paak & Dem Jointz)
9. Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Justus & Anderson .Paak)
10. One Shot One Kill (Jon Connor feat. Snoop Dogg & Craig Owens)
11. Just Another Day (The Game feat. Asia Bryant)
12. For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott, Jon Connor & Anderson .Paak)
13. Satisfiction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14. Animals (feat. Anderson .Paak)
15. Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson .Paak)
16. Talking To My Diary

I listened to it and threw in into my recycle bin. Pure trash. Dre raps horrible and he wasn't good to begin with. I'll get the instrumental album if it's released.  If you enjoy it great, but from a guy that grew up listing to NWA when it was released in highschool, this is his WORST work. The DOC said earlier that Dre was messing up when he first left him. I see what he was saying.  I guess this is the new generations Westcoast flow.

That's the truth from me and 5 friends. Sad. Album is getting bad reviews on ITunes.  I bought it from Amazon and dumped it 3 days after trying hard to listen.

Before all you dudes start bitching about this post, just remember it's my opinion.  Better then The Chronic and 2001? Some of you guys are smoking to much. EPIC? Serious? Smoke more.

i was about to say calm this groupie ass nigga down...

you might as well have typed this : "look guys im 30 something and i cant adapt to new music im going to go listen to doggystyle and remember the best days of my life..."

you came out defensive like a motherfucker in your post so dont get mad im playing offensively. you asked for this kind of reply basically.

I'm not adapting to this trash. Beats are great. Rapping sucks bad. Yea I'm 30 and grew up listening to it. All you little boys don't know real rap music. If you did, you would know this album sucks bad. Not just sucks bad, sucks so bad it's in the trash with my 5 other buddies copies. I'm not the only one. Read ITunes. It's was 2.5 stars and dropping. I'm just real and ain't nut riding weed head that can't add 1+1. I understand the hard work put into the beats but the rapping is horrible.  Period. My opinion and I've listened to more west coast shit then a lot of cats. We had tape decks and shit when you weren't even a sperm cell. Then your dad forgot to pull out and created you. Sad.

who cares :D
just move on keep listing to your old shit then gets boring quick doesn't it

Sccit

« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
i respect doublee313, he was one of the first cats to fux wit lamb when we started out. but this album is based around production, and the production is impeccable.

NIBIRU

« Reply #483 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:45 PM »
Not for me this album
100% FRENCH FUNK

me1

« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2015, 06:41:53 AM »
The real test for how classic this album is to see if in 23 years a character from the album is a write in candidate for President in the state of North Carolina

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/19/presidential-candidate-deez-nuts-does-not-exist.html

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #485 on: August 20, 2015, 06:57:01 AM »
The more I listen to this the more it grows up on me. I didn't hated it at it very start, what I expected I got eventually. You can't expect Dre to have same flow as he had 15 years ago. Time changes so did he and I'm glad he did. Nobody wants that G-Funk era album now in 2015 you need to underestand that. It's another crowd another time and I don't know why did everybody here expected it to be like it was 2001. Dre gave us something we waited for so long and now we need to hate it because it doesn't have every Compton artist or any rapper who said Compton in it's song. Yeah Quik did hell a lot for Compton, but Dre had another vision and I can't say I'm glad, but I'm happy with final product. I hope we'll hear that "Hey Young World" song in future or that song with Eminem and Xzibit.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #486 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »
The real test for how classic this album is to see if in 23 years a character from the album is a write in candidate for President in the state of North Carolina

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/19/presidential-candidate-deez-nuts-does-not-exist.html

Best troll ever

Sccit

« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »
The more I listen to this the more it grows up on me. I didn't hated it at it very start, what I expected I got eventually. You can't expect Dre to have same flow as he had 15 years ago. Time changes so did he and I'm glad he did. Nobody wants that G-Funk era album now in 2015 you need to underestand that. It's another crowd another time and I don't know why did everybody here expected it to be like it was 2001. Dre gave us something we waited for so long and now we need to hate it because it doesn't have every Compton artist or any rapper who said Compton in it's song. Yeah Quik did hell a lot for Compton, but Dre had another vision and I can't say I'm glad, but I'm happy with final product. I hope we'll hear that "Hey Young World" song in future or that song with Eminem and Xzibit.

and if u want the g-funk era album in 2015, go cop that warren g....shits dope too

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #488 on: August 20, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
I'm not adapting to this trash. Beats are great. Rapping sucks bad. Yea I'm 30 and grew up listening to it. All you little boys don't know real rap music. If you did, you would know this album sucks bad. Not just sucks bad, sucks so bad it's in the trash with my 5 other buddies copies. I'm not the only one. Read ITunes. It's was 2.5 stars and dropping. I'm just real and ain't nut riding weed head that can't add 1+1. I understand the hard work put into the beats but the rapping is horrible.  Period. My opinion and I've listened to more west coast shit then a lot of cats. We had tape decks and shit when you weren't even a sperm cell. Then your dad forgot to pull out and created you. Sad.

4/5 on iTunes. You ain't gotta lie to kick it.

Hittman2001

« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
Anyone have the 24bit flac label source version?

woof

Blood$

« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »
album of the summer most definitely

and possibly of the year but we'll have to wait and see if Scarface takes that title on September 4th 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2015, 11:04:59 PM »

Production/writer credits in here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=318919.0

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

I listened to it and threw in into my recycle bin. Pure trash. Dre raps horrible and he wasn't good to begin with. I'll get the instrumental album if it's released.  If you enjoy it great, but from a guy that grew up listing to NWA when it was released in highschool, this is his WORST work. The DOC said earlier that Dre was messing up when he first left him. I see what he was saying.  I guess this is the new generations Westcoast flow.

That's the truth from me and 5 friends. Sad. Album is getting bad reviews on ITunes.  I bought it from Amazon and dumped it 3 days after trying hard to listen.

Before all you dudes start bitching about this post, just remember it's my opinion.  Better then The Chronic and 2001? Some of you guys are smoking to much. EPIC? Serious? Smoke more.

you might as well have typed this : "look guys im 30 something and i cant adapt to new music im going to go listen to doggystyle and remember the best days of my life..."

you came out defensive like a motherfucker in your post so dont get mad im playing offensively. you asked for this kind of reply basically.

I'm not adapting to this trash. Beats are great. Rapping sucks bad. Yea I'm 30 and grew up listening to it. All you little boys don't know real rap music. If you did, you would know this album sucks bad. Not just sucks bad, sucks so bad it's in the trash with my 5 other buddies copies. I'm not the only one. Read ITunes. It's was 2.5 stars and dropping. I'm just real and ain't nut riding weed head that can't add 1+1. I understand the hard work put into the beats but the rapping is horrible.  Period. My opinion and I've listened to more west coast shit then a lot of cats. We had tape decks and shit when you weren't even a sperm cell. Then your dad forgot to pull out and created you. Sad.

you are an ignorant slut.

the reason the ratings were low is because 15 yr old kids dont understand the hype around this flick and soundtrack and your 30 something ass needs to understand this also, this movie and album is creating a new hip hop template for legends to get back in the game and eat you should be more appreciative. (read: over 30 rappers and groups) there may be an NWA tour and you know your bitch ass would go. ingrate peasant.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:11:50 PM by Sir Petey »

CORREA

« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

I listened to it and threw in into my recycle bin. Pure trash. Dre raps horrible and he wasn't good to begin with. I'll get the instrumental album if it's released.  If you enjoy it great, but from a guy that grew up listing to NWA when it was released in highschool, this is his WORST work. The DOC said earlier that Dre was messing up when he first left him. I see what he was saying.  I guess this is the new generations Westcoast flow.

That's the truth from me and 5 friends. Sad. Album is getting bad reviews on ITunes.  I bought it from Amazon and dumped it 3 days after trying hard to listen.

Before all you dudes start bitching about this post, just remember it's my opinion.  Better then The Chronic and 2001? Some of you guys are smoking to much. EPIC? Serious? Smoke more.

I'm not adapting to this trash. Beats are great. Rapping sucks bad. Yea I'm 30 and grew up listening to it. All you little boys don't know real rap music. If you did, you would know this album sucks bad. Not just sucks bad, sucks so bad it's in the trash with my 5 other buddies copies. I'm not the only one. Read ITunes. It's was 2.5 stars and dropping. I'm just real and ain't nut riding weed head that can't add 1+1. I understand the hard work put into the beats but the rapping is horrible.  Period. My opinion and I've listened to more west coast shit then a lot of cats. We had tape decks and shit when you weren't even a sperm cell. Then your dad forgot to pull out and created you. Sad.

you are an ignorant slut.

the reason the ratings were low is because 15 yr old kids dont understand the hype around this flick and soundtrack and your 30 something ass needs to understand this also, this movie and album is creating a new hip hop template for legends to get back in the game and eat you should be more appreciative. (read: over 30 rappers and groups) there may be an NWA tour and you know your bitch ass would go. ingrate peasant.

ur an ignorant euro who doesn't know when its over the album is not intended for washed up rappers to come back lol thanks for the laugh tho
nobody wants to buy no washed up shit its highlighting current rappers and singers and of course dres production

nwa tour what a joke and u know dre wants no part of that  :D so whats left cube and the rest lol