Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49187 times)

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #540 on: August 26, 2015, 06:35:51 AM »
It's fucked up that there are no singles out from Compton yet. Both The Chronic and 2001 were slow burners that just kept selling and selling due to the enduring popularity of singles like G Thang, Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Still D.R.E, Forgot About Dre and The Next Episode. Granted, there aren't any monster singles on Compton, but Dre needs to put some singles out to at least signal to radio what they should play. Mainstream radio will rarely play an album track, but they might play a Dr.Dre single.

Personally, I would release either "Talking To My Diary" or "Talk About It" as the first single.

Blood$

« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »
videos for almost anything off the album would be hard but basically tracks 2-5, "Satisfiction", "Medicine Man" and "Talking To My Diary" could all work at radio being singles

dnjp4life

« Reply #542 on: August 26, 2015, 11:05:39 AM »
'Talk About It' is getting a lot of radio play over here.  I've heard 'Genocide' a couple of times too.

Sccit

« Reply #543 on: August 26, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
Strange that theres no single, a lot of songs on here are single material

Will_B

« Reply #544 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »
Strange that theres no single, a lot of songs on here are single material

Dre probably don't want to do videos any more.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2015, 12:22:19 AM »
Didnt Dre shot a video in paris ?

check this

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Sccit

« Reply #546 on: August 27, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »

check this

this is from over a year ago....must be from one of the scrapped detox leaks. still a trip to see, dre lookin forced as fuck right there, surprised that video only has 800 views. i wonder if any1 caught the audio before it was removed.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #547 on: August 27, 2015, 02:47:06 AM »
the first time i listened to this and "talk about it"  started i thought "why the hell they got zed from police academy on this". king mez screaming was a weird start for the album and  i still don´t like the first song that much but the album is definitely nice.

it´s funny how some people are like "this is not a classic" . no shit sherlock, it came out a few weeks ago.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #548 on: August 27, 2015, 03:58:53 AM »
the first time i listened to this and "talk about it"  started i thought "why the hell they got zed from police academy on this". king mez screaming was a weird start for the album and  i still don´t like the first song that much but the album is definitely nice.

it´s funny how some people are like "this is not a classic" . no shit sherlock, it came out a few weeks ago.

man youre funny as hell

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #549 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:25 AM »

check this

this is from over a year ago....must be from one of the scrapped detox leaks. still a trip to see, dre lookin forced as fuck right there, surprised that video only has 800 views. i wonder if any1 caught the audio before it was removed.

same here homie

Westdog

« Reply #550 on: August 27, 2015, 05:14:34 AM »
Ice cube should drop new album soon like dre
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
The hard part about an Ice Cube album is that he's a rapper. Dr. Dre as a producer can have many featured artist and it keeps the sound fresh. Cube would have to rap on every song and he'd be support for his own album.

Sccit

« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
The hard part about an Ice Cube album is that he's a rapper. Dr. Dre as a producer can have many featured artist and it keeps the sound fresh. Cube would have to rap on every song and he'd be support for his own album.

how is that hard? what dre does is way harder

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2015, 09:20:38 AM »

Except what Dre does is designed to make new artist and Dre is in the studio all the time. What Cube does is designed to be the featured artist and be the star, and he's been the star for 30 years. I think if Cube puts out an album he may feature his kids, and what are they going to rap about? Even though Dre has a more difficult job, it makes sense because he's creating young stars.

Sccit

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »

Except what Dre does is designed to make new artist and Dre is in the studio all the time. What Cube does is designed to be the featured artist and be the star, and he's been the star for 30 years. I think if Cube puts out an album he may feature his kids, and what are they going to rap about? Even though Dre has a more difficult job, it makes sense because he's creating young stars.

cube featured his kids on his last album already...cubes been talkin bout an album for years now, even dropped singles (all which pretty much flopped) and claimed dre would produce it......at the end of the day, cube makes albums for him, not to put people on. realistically, he shoulda had one ready to drop wit the release of "straight outta compton".