Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49195 times)

CORREA

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2015, 02:37:38 AM »
Anyone else here get the impression that most of these people will never blow up and become real stars on their own? None of them have any real star power.

King Mez is just a hipster wannabe version of Kendrick or Iamsu. No charisma. Tries to seem "laid-back" but is just camera-shy.

Justus...what the fuck.

Anderson.Paak has the most unique voice and appearance of the group, and might develop a following with the teenage crowd. But I doubt that much enduring fame is ahead of him.

Asia Bryant...the most annoying person on the stage. Not very talented either.

Jon Connor is the only one with a realistic and credible personality. Not sure if he has the charisma needed to be a star though.

Candace Pillay could be a star if she shows her tits enough. And she's got a good voice.

Dre thinks he's a great judge of talent, and all of the people on the stage love to praise him for his unique apprehension of their abilities, but let's face it: Dre has allowed his success to delude him. His ability to detect talent has faded.

i say give em a couple years and see where there are its too early

me1

« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »
Kinda amusing to see that the people who dislike Dre & the album the most, are making the most posts about it.

Also, is it a co-incidence that most of them are hardcore DJ Quik fans? Inferiority complex much? Or some sort of campaign?  :D

Very bizarre right? Like one's got to go, or something. Even more strange is the fact that the artists themselves have a profound mutual respect for one another.

jaytee

« Reply #632 on: September 08, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »
Kinda amusing to see that the people who dislike Dre & the album the most, are making the most posts about it.

Also, is it a co-incidence that most of them are hardcore DJ Quik fans? Inferiority complex much? Or some sort of campaign?  :D

Very bizarre right? Like one's got to go, or something. Even more strange is the fact that the artists themselves have a profound mutual respect for one another.

It's like some Prince fans vs Michael Jackson fans.  Some people can't give someone credit without putting someone else down in order to do so. 

MOBNigga06

« Reply #633 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:01 PM »
Why are DJ Quik fans dissing this project? Because DJ Quik fans have a high standard for the music they listen to. And they tend to be real niggaz.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

dnjp4life

« Reply #634 on: September 10, 2015, 04:49:35 AM »
The Story Behind Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album (Two-Hour Interview)

That was an interesting interview and it's good to put some faces behind the people who were involved in the making of Compton. 

It actually makes me appreciate the album even more now after listening to how it was such a team effort with some of the artists grinding for years before they even had a slight chance of making it onto the soundtrack (DJ Silk mentions how he must have done around 500 beats during the sessions for Eminem's 'Relapse' album, none of which to my knowledge have been released on any project).

It's also interesting to hear that 'Medicine Man' was extremely close to not being included on the album.  I think Dre should have gone with his instinct and left it off because it is the weakest joint on the entire album to me.  It's more of an Eminem song than a Dre one and it doesn't fit right in the flow of the album.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #635 on: September 10, 2015, 05:55:12 AM »
Why are DJ Quik fans dissing this project? Because DJ Quik fans have a high standard for the music they listen to. And they tend to be real niggaz.

Quik himself praised Dre and this project aswell, guess he aint ''real nigga'' lol

btw. im listenin Compton and Midnight Life in flac on headphones, both are pure fire 8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:57:57 AM by bigpimpin20 »

Blood$

« Reply #636 on: September 10, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
Midnight Life is a good album but sounds like fruity loops compared to this album lol

bigpimpin20

« Reply #637 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »
Midnight Life is a good album but sounds like fruity loops compared to this album lol
nah men they both have that rich sound, life instruments and shit just compare them to for example vince stamples album - those simply monotonious ass beats sounds more like fruit loops stuff even tho no id made them lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:19:04 AM by bigpimpin20 »

Sccit

« Reply #638 on: September 10, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
I don't see how people can like Midnite Life and hate on Compton. It's pretty much made wit the same formula... New school sounds mixed in wit some of the vintage shit. Both albums go, but the production on dre's shit is clearly better.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #639 on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »
I don't see how people can like Midnite Life and hate on Compton. It's pretty much made wit the same formula... New school sounds mixed in wit some of the vintage shit. Both albums go, but the production on dre's shit is clearly better.
think they just bitter that dre got bigger exposure than quik that all, to me they both are mad scientists 8)

Blood$

« Reply #640 on: September 10, 2015, 11:59:11 AM »
nah men they both have that rich sound, life instruments and shit just compare them to for example vince stamples album - those simply monotonious ass beats sounds more like fruit loops stuff even tho no id made them lol

I'd say the production BUMPS more on Vince's album than Quik's but there's definitely not as many elements present in terms of different instruments, sounds and overall mixing

bigpimpin20

« Reply #641 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »

I'd say the production BUMPS more on Vince's album than Quik's but there's definitely not as many elements present in terms of different instruments, sounds and overall mixing

yeah you right theres a lot bass on that, i only play it in my car

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #642 on: September 11, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »

you´ve been exposed as a fake blood many times. just a friendly reminder, stay in the fucking corner.

this fag just wants a soundtrack for posing in front of a mirror with a red rag, twisting fingers.  it must be hard trying to imagine you´re a gangsta when there´s all this grown up music playing in the background.

Compton kinda did get old fast but there are still a lot of great songs .

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #643 on: September 11, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
I don't see how people can like Midnite Life and hate on Compton. It's pretty much made wit the same formula

::)

god I love any of these Quik/Dre comparisons.... you comparing a ukelele to a symphony my ficca
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #644 on: September 11, 2015, 03:27:13 PM »
I don't see how people can like Midnite Life and hate on Compton. It's pretty much made wit the same formula

::)

god I love any of these Quik/Dre comparisons.... you comparing a ukelele to a symphony my ficca

He said they're made with the same formula but that Dre's production is clearly better. What's so egregious about that? I bet you didn't even listen to the Quik album.