Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49574 times)

Chef_YRD

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »
I just can't understand this Theo guy. What's your problem? That Dre's dropping an album after 16 years and giving it Comtpon name? Because DJ Quik didn't done that before him? He had his chance? Let's be honest, Quik can't top Dre or anyone can't top Dre with music. You can tell whatever you want but Dre is Hip-Hop. Dre is responsible for Pac, Snoop, Game, 50, X, Eminem... What else do you want? You're hating that album just because Quik isn't involved, if Quik had place on it you would kill us to death saying how good album is. Except Los Angeles area, Cali area nobody is interessted in Quik and you do know that. His time is almost over, ask youngsters about him, nobody would say a fucking word except "Who tf is that?". Dre is Dre. Even tho this album doesn't change the game like you've said, it changes everything. Only having Dre album after this long is changing the game. Everybody is talking about it, everybody is loving it. It ain't 2001-2-3 anymore, it's time for the sound he delivers with Compton. Youngsters don't want G-Funk. They want this sound so deal with it.

First of all you can say he's responsible for whoever you want but don't sit here and say he's responsible for pac,pac had a career before him and only came in contact with him thru suge and pac didn't even like dre when he died and some time before it...and to be fair he was responsible for Em who was responsible for 50 who was responsible for game...quik might not be as big as dre but he has worked with and influenced plenty of new school artists from Dom Kennedy,YG,Kendrick Lamar,iamsu,teeflii,tay f 3rd,Ty dolla sign,game....like come off it dude I swear you guys just use popularity as the only indication of quality...theo has been referred to as a "quik Stan" but look at the facts dre stans are just larger in number don't think because riding his tip is the norm that it's not the same thing the dude doesn't even write or produce his own music...like I said before the only reason DRE is relevant is because he has whoever is at the moment ghost write or produce for him...really tho that's like saying Picassos pieces were painted by someone else but with his paint brush so he gets credit...
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

PLANT

« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »
DubCC - "Dre is not rapping like he used to 20 years ago..."  "This album doesn't sound like The Chronic or 2001..."   " DJ Quik is better, makes better albums..."

The rest of the general public and industry - "Compton is incredible, probably going to be a classic"

Basically.

PLANT

« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2015, 04:49:45 PM »
10 years from now yall will be begging for the next "Compton" type album to come out.

Stack this album up against any modern classic and what do you think then?

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2015, 05:15:55 PM »
DubCC - "Dre is not rapping like he used to 20 years ago..."  "This album doesn't sound like The Chronic or 2001..."   " DJ Quik is better, makes better albums..."

The rest of the general public and industry - "Compton is incredible, probably going to be a classic"

Basically.

Basically

Sccit

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »

Basically.

there was peeps givin it props on here too tho....i'd say it's about split 50/50, but it's not surprising that people expecting another "2001" on this site. it'll grow on most of 'em eventually.

Matty

« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »

Basically.

not true, check the comments out on Premo's FB page for example. lots of people aren't feeling the album, not just some of the users here.

https://www.facebook.com/DJPremierOfficial/photos/a.257393767715068.58368.168149273306185/790368691084237/?type=1&theater

PLANT

« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »

Basically.

not true, check the comments out on Premo's FB page for example. lots of people aren't feeling the album, not just some of the users here.

https://www.facebook.com/DJPremierOfficial/photos/a.257393767715068.58368.168149273306185/790368691084237/?type=1&theater
Not sure how anyone could "not be feeling this album".... If you don't like this album, then I'd like to hear some of the shit people are listening to and feeling.  

Kendrick has 2 of the best rap albums in the last few years and I think I would put this right up there, maybe even better.  And Damani "thoughtful King" was one of the better albums to drop as well.  

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2015, 05:58:17 PM »
I'm gonna say that this album is sick. People need to give it's originality more credit. Zero club bangers on the album - all listening music. The beats are aggressive but still musical, and still have some swing to them... the flows are really experimental and unique but still hard hitting and crisp. as an aggressive, 2015 NWA-esque rap album it hits it out of the park.

It also reminds me of Relapse in how the beats are rich and detailed. Lot of unique drum rhythms. I had a feeling that Relapse was a peak into what Dre's next solo album would be...

"Talk about it" is an absolute kick to the face. Satisfaction and Animals are more insightful than what I expected from Dre.

Anderson .Paak has a unique yet dopeeee style. I can see why Dre loves him, he sounds Bilal. Great texture to his voice.

This shit is 9/10.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »
Its All On Me one of my favourite DRE tracks ever.  Have to check this BJ the Chicago Kid.

I think thats one of the things people overlook on his albums till much later.. how DRE magnifies new talent like some pro fucking scout.

andre

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2015, 06:17:02 PM »

Basically.

Not sure how anyone could "not be feeling this album".... If you don't like this album, then I'd like to hear some of the shit people are listening to and feeling.  

Kendrick has 2 of the best rap albums in the last few years and I think I would put this right up there, maybe even better.  And Damani "thoughtful King" was one of the better albums to drop as well.  

Preach!

Taste in *Music* is always subjective. It's your own personal opinion. You can't realistically compare this album against other nostalgia Dre albums. It's fucking 2015.
Everybody enjoys music in a different way. Music recognises no concept of right or wrong.

I do not understand all the hate against this album.

"Talk about it" is one of my favorite too! It is energetic. Pow Pow.
 I love it when the beat slowly kicks in at the ending of the intro. Well orchestrated!

jman91331

« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
I just can't understand this Theo guy. What's your problem? That Dre's dropping an album after 16 years and giving it Comtpon name? Because DJ Quik didn't done that before him? He had his chance? Let's be honest, Quik can't top Dre or anyone can't top Dre with music. You can tell whatever you want but Dre is Hip-Hop. Dre is responsible for Pac, Snoop, Game, 50, X, Eminem... What else do you want? You're hating that album just because Quik isn't involved, if Quik had place on it you would kill us to death saying how good album is. Except Los Angeles area, Cali area nobody is interessted in Quik and you do know that. His time is almost over, ask youngsters about him, nobody would say a fucking word except "Who tf is that?". Dre is Dre. Even tho this album doesn't change the game like you've said, it changes everything. Only having Dre album after this long is changing the game. Everybody is talking about it, everybody is loving it. It ain't 2001-2-3 anymore, it's time for the sound he delivers with Compton. Youngsters don't want G-Funk. They want this sound so deal with it.

First of all you can say he's responsible for whoever you want but don't sit here and say he's responsible for pac,pac had a career before him and only came in contact with him thru suge and pac didn't even like dre when he died and some time before it...and to be fair he was responsible for Em who was responsible for 50 who was responsible for game...quik might not be as big as dre but he has worked with and influenced plenty of new school artists from Dom Kennedy,YG,Kendrick Lamar,iamsu,teeflii,tay f 3rd,Ty dolla sign,game....like come off it dude I swear you guys just use popularity as the only indication of quality...theo has been referred to as a "quik Stan" but look at the facts dre stans are just larger in number don't think because riding his tip is the norm that it's not the same thing the dude doesn't even write or produce his own music...like I said before the only reason DRE is relevant is because he has whoever is at the moment ghost write or produce for him...really tho that's like saying Picassos pieces were painted by someone else but with his paint brush so he gets credit...
All this talk of Dr. Dre is using ghost producers is just old rehashed groupie stories and unless you were in the studio with Dre you sound like a groupie yourself. Dre sometimes uses co-producers sometimes produces on his own just like your hero Dj Quik (Way 2 Fonky was basically a Rob Bacon production with help from Quik, all the bangers on Rhythm-a-lism was thanks to G-1). It's called collaborations, not ghost productions or stolen beats. Most producers that came from sampling background graduate to using collaborators (just like Quik). Anyone with half a ear and brain can tell that whoever Dre used as co-producer over thee years (from with he started with DJ Yella to whoever he uses now) the beats are still no doubt Dr. Dre beats and all have that sound so what kind of dumb fuck would accuse him of stealing other people's work?

kuruptDPG

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
Any production credits?

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2015, 06:27:12 PM »
Any production credits?

They've been stolen... no one can find them

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
Some are saying that Dr.Dre needs to go back to his own flow.. but he's been using others flow his whole career for example when I listen Still DRE i can hear Jay Z all over it

Sccit

« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »
Any production credits?

check the vault brodie