Author Topic: DR. DRE - COMPTON: A SOUNDTRACK BY DR. DRE (Official Discussion)  (Read 50189 times)

Matty

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »
5 different producers for 'Deep Water'? 'Medicine Man' is one of the worst tracks for me, just a wall of noise.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »
Focus has been murdering the game for years now.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »
Just bought the album on ITunes today (because I got love for Dre and show real support rather than most of ya'll who steal from Dre and then claim to be fans of his work, but I digress)....

...Anyway, so just getting into it for the first time there are some new sounds on this album, and I'm just trying to distinguish which artists and producers are the ones putting in work on these tracks.  So a few early questions—sorry if it has been mentioned already but this thread is so damn long I can't read through 9 pages..

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:37:34 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »
Not Dre's rap. The rapping on Dre's albums. Snoop, Kurupt, Eminem. He makes those guys come at their best.

If Dre is as good sonically as Davis then Vince is as good a basket ball player as Kobe. You don't even listen to Davis or Jimi. Don't speak on things like that. Miles could bring grown men to tears with a note. It's a joke to compare the two. The difference in power is night and day. Miles didn't need technology, just one instrument and people's ears to hear it.

yes i do...before u tell me what to speak on, u should be sure u aint just makin false assumptions and basin your misdirection on that......and the notes have nothing to do sonically speaking, so u missin the whole point again. you need technology to fine-tune things sonically. thats my point. miles may be a better musician, but dre is a better PRODUCER.

I find it hard to believe you really listen David if you have opinions like this. You don't need technology for shit unless that technology is a trumpet. I'm not talking s written note on a page. I'm taking hitting a note sonically produced from a trumpet.

Producing music is more than knowing how to use a soundboard. And it's as much about  what not to add as it is what to add. Dre wouldn't know what to do with a Miles Davis recording session.

But I'm willing to be shown I'm wrong. Name me your 5 favourite non hip hop producers and why you like them. If 5 is too much then 3. I think you're palette is limited and bigoted. But I'll gladly concede if you prove me wrong.

you obviously have a lower respect for rap as an artform in comparison to other genres...i know ur type fam. not even tryna go there with u. lemme just say i disagree, but can respect your wrong opinion.

Sccit

« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:17 PM »
I'm still blown away by how good this is. Not one filler. Every beat is incredible. Dre couldn't have given us a better product.

Only thing that is kind of sad & the verse was solid but it's crazy the worst part (something has to rank as "the worst") of the album was Eminem's verse. This was like Dre's farewell in terms of putting together an album, he should of came stronger.

Eminem hasn't come strong since Run Rabbit

cmon now shal

Sccit

« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

The credits circulating are not 100% correct so I wanted to post the ones.

amazing work by Focus...

who put this together? looks like bullshit. if dre is producing, his name always comes up first.

shu

« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:06 PM »

The credits circulating are not 100% correct so I wanted to post the ones.

amazing work by Focus...

who put this together? looks like bullshit. if dre is producing, his name always comes up first.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
Not Dre's rap. The rapping on Dre's albums. Snoop, Kurupt, Eminem. He makes those guys come at their best.

If Dre is as good sonically as Davis then Vince is as good a basket ball player as Kobe. You don't even listen to Davis or Jimi. Don't speak on things like that. Miles could bring grown men to tears with a note. It's a joke to compare the two. The difference in power is night and day. Miles didn't need technology, just one instrument and people's ears to hear it.

yes i do...before u tell me what to speak on, u should be sure u aint just makin false assumptions and basin your misdirection on that......and the notes have nothing to do sonically speaking, so u missin the whole point again. you need technology to fine-tune things sonically. thats my point. miles may be a better musician, but dre is a better PRODUCER.

I find it hard to believe you really listen David if you have opinions like this. You don't need technology for shit unless that technology is a trumpet. I'm not talking s written note on a page. I'm taking hitting a note sonically produced from a trumpet.

Producing music is more than knowing how to use a soundboard. And it's as much about  what not to add as it is what to add. Dre wouldn't know what to do with a Miles Davis recording session.

But I'm willing to be shown I'm wrong. Name me your 5 favourite non hip hop producers and why you like them. If 5 is too much then 3. I think you're palette is limited and bigoted. But I'll gladly concede if you prove me wrong.

you obviously have a lower respect for rap as an artform in comparison to other genres...i know ur type fam. not even tryna go there with u. lemme just say i disagree, but can respect your wrong opinion.

A few years ago you could have said that and I would have agreed, but not so much any more. I feel that rap and rap producers can be every bit as artistic as any other genre of music. Just spent the day listening to J Dilla's Donuts. Fantastic art.

Why I asked you to name 5 producers outside is rap is to see if you listen to any other genres seriously enough to even have favourite producers from those genres. Yeah I'm going on the assumption that you don't, but I'll gladly admit my assumption is wrong, if it is wrong.

Never any disrespect meant. That's the truth.

You should see how much I defend rap on the Springsteen forums. Whether they know it or not that crowd would adore a Dre produced Springsteeen record. Me, not so much. I like a dirtier sound, I don't want the sonic clarity. What I love about the old Spector productions is how things melt together. It's why I love Havoc's productions on the Infamous album.

Thats just the style I like.

Calilove661

« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »
Just bought the album on ITunes today (because I got love for Dre and show real support rather than most of ya'll who steal from Dre and then claim to be fans of his work, but I digress)....

...Anyway, so just getting into it for the first time there are some new sounds on this album, and I'm just trying to distinguish which artists and producers are the ones putting in work on these tracks.  So a few early questions—sorry if it has been mentioned already but this thread is so damn long I can't read through 9 pages..

-Are there physical copies of this album being sold?  I didn't see any at the stores—and considering Apple bought out Beats I was wondering if Dre had some exclusive deal with ITunes?

-Wasn't that 6'2" on one of the tracks?  It sure as hell sounded like him and he said something about Texas?

-Doesn't the intro and some of the other tracks sound a little like Young Thug and some of them Young Money cats?   I don't really know their names but I recognized a sound a little bit where they sing, but fast, and then use some sort of autotune or something.  Of course Dre ups the stakes on anything he does, so whatever Dre was doin worked, so I'm not dissin... but isn't that kind of borrowing from the new sound today on that intro and some of the early tracks?  Do any of those cats have writing credits on it or something?

-Sounded like Cold187um was on one of the tracks and also KMG?  What is the story behind that?

I reported your other post where you requested a free copy because your internet was too slow for Itunes.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2015, 02:08:54 AM »
Dr Dre - "Talking To My Diary" >
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:08 AM »
any news on the Instrumental Album?

Will_B

« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:50 AM »
Full Credits for Dr. Dre’s ‘Compton: A Soundtrack’ Are Available

1. Intro [Andre Young, B. Edwards Jr & D. Winslow]

2. Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, J. Mohrle, D. Natche, Michael McHenry, A.J. Baptiste-Caselle, R. Buendia & K. EDWARDS]

3. Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay) [Andre Young, K. Duckworth, M. Ricks II, Candice Pillay, M. Ambrosius, S. Jordan & D. Abernathy Jr.]

4. It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid) [Andre Young, J. Mohrle, M. Ricks II & R. Harrell III]

5. All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius) [Andre Young, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, M. Ambrosius, J. Mohrle, K. Abdul Rahman, D. Natche & D. Tannenbaum]

6. Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, T. Cannon, C. Balmoris, J. Nixon, K. Duckworth, M. Ambrosius, J. Mohrle & D. Norman]

7. Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit, COLD 187um & Sly Pyper) [Andre Young, A. Joiner, M. Ricks II, S. Jordan, B. Edwards Jr, T. Lawrence Jr. & A. Brissett]

8. Issues (feat. Ice Cube, Anderson Paak & Dem Jointz) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, D. Abernathy Jr., B. Anderson, B. Edwards Jr, T. Lawrence Jr., C. Chambers & T. Feemster]

9. Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Anderson Paak & Justus) [Andre Young, K. Duckworth, M. Ricks II, J. Mohrle, B. Anderson, B. Edwards Jr, C. McCormick, D. Natche & D. Abernathy Jr.]

10. Jon Connor – One Shot One Kill (feat. Snoop Dogg) [Andre Young, J. Freeman Jr., Candice Pillay, B. Edwards Jr & T. Lawrence Jr.]

11. The Game – Just Another Day (feat. Asia Bryant) [Asia Bryant, Andre Young, J. Taylor, S. Benton, T. Lawrence Jr. & T. Feemster]

12. For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott, Anderson Paak & Jon Connor) [Andre Young, J. Freeman Jr., M. Ricks II, B. Anderson, J. Mohrle & C. McCormick]

13. Satisfiction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, M. Ambrosius & D. Abernathy Jr.]

14. Animals (feat. Anderson Paak) [Andre Young, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, S. Jordan, C. Martin & D. Semenov]

15. Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak) [Andre Young, Marshall Mathers, Candice Pillay, J. Mohrle, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, D. Abernathy Jr., B. Edwards Jr & C. Chambers]

16. Talking To My Diary [Andre Young, A. Johnson, M. Johnson & R. Brown]

Desert Lord

« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2015, 04:59:44 AM »
Full Credits for Dr. Dre’s ‘Compton: A Soundtrack’ Are Available

1. Intro [Andre Young, B. Edwards Jr & D. Winslow]

2. Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, J. Mohrle, D. Natche, Michael McHenry, A.J. Baptiste-Caselle, R. Buendia & K. EDWARDS]

3. Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay) [Andre Young, K. Duckworth, M. Ricks II, Candice Pillay, M. Ambrosius, S. Jordan & D. Abernathy Jr.]

4. It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid) [Andre Young, J. Mohrle, M. Ricks II & R. Harrell III]

5. All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius) [Andre Young, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, M. Ambrosius, J. Mohrle, K. Abdul Rahman, D. Natche & D. Tannenbaum]

6. Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, T. Cannon, C. Balmoris, J. Nixon, K. Duckworth, M. Ambrosius, J. Mohrle & D. Norman]

7. Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit, COLD 187um & Sly Pyper) [Andre Young, A. Joiner, M. Ricks II, S. Jordan, B. Edwards Jr, T. Lawrence Jr. & A. Brissett]

8. Issues (feat. Ice Cube, Anderson Paak & Dem Jointz) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, D. Abernathy Jr., B. Anderson, B. Edwards Jr, T. Lawrence Jr., C. Chambers & T. Feemster]

9. Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Anderson Paak & Justus) [Andre Young, K. Duckworth, M. Ricks II, J. Mohrle, B. Anderson, B. Edwards Jr, C. McCormick, D. Natche & D. Abernathy Jr.]

10. Jon Connor – One Shot One Kill (feat. Snoop Dogg) [Andre Young, J. Freeman Jr., Candice Pillay, B. Edwards Jr & T. Lawrence Jr.]

11. The Game – Just Another Day (feat. Asia Bryant) [Asia Bryant, Andre Young, J. Taylor, S. Benton, T. Lawrence Jr. & T. Feemster]

12. For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott, Anderson Paak & Jon Connor) [Andre Young, J. Freeman Jr., M. Ricks II, B. Anderson, J. Mohrle & C. McCormick]

13. Satisfiction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez) [Andre Young, M. Ricks II, M. Ambrosius & D. Abernathy Jr.]

14. Animals (feat. Anderson Paak) [Andre Young, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, S. Jordan, C. Martin & D. Semenov]

15. Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak) [Andre Young, Marshall Mathers, Candice Pillay, J. Mohrle, B. Anderson, M. Ricks II, D. Abernathy Jr., B. Edwards Jr & C. Chambers]

16. Talking To My Diary [Andre Young, A. Johnson, M. Johnson & R. Brown]

shit! cube 's rhyme is not written by him? snoop's two raps are not written by himself? that's weak!

Will_B

« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »
Yeah looks like King Mez wrote virtually the whole album

David Gutterman

« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2015, 07:56:42 AM »
No Tracy Lynn Curry?