Author Topic: Anderson.Paak - what do you think about him?  (Read 2126 times)

Desert Lord

Re: Anderson.Paak - what do you think about him?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RMCwIxzK4i8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RMCwIxzK4i8</a>

Everything is dope except for the nose ring

co-sign ^^

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
He produced just about all of Watsky's "All You Can Do" album and sang on a few tracks. One of my favorite 2014 releases.

jaytee

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E5x4Q6VJrLc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E5x4Q6VJrLc</a>

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 02:29:26 PM »
i copped the venice album, ill let u know what i think after peepin it

snipes

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »
The venice album is dope!

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
Gave that Venice album a spin n it's pretty good .. Got a lot of diff types of shit on there, from the current club sound, to ol school r&b, to electronic soul.... A pessimist would say it's all over the place, but I think it shows his versatility. I can't see him releasing a project like that under Dre tho. He guna need to pick one style n stick to that for the entire album. Prolly best to go wit the soulful sound ala animals and make a whole album like that. He def has what it takes to blow under Dre.

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 08:47:26 AM »
I went to an Earl Sweatshirt show last night down here and totally out of the blue Anderson .Paak came out and did a set, dude wasn't even on the bill or anything, I had also just watched that Skee interview hours before lol so I was tripping out

I have to say dude killed it and whatever songs he performed sounded pretty good  8)

Desert Lord

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 06:16:09 AM »
Gave that Venice album a spin n it's pretty good .. Got a lot of diff types of shit on there, from the current club sound, to ol school r&b, to electronic soul.... A pessimist would say it's all over the place, but I think it shows his versatility. I can't see him releasing a project like that under Dre tho. He guna need to pick one style n stick to that for the entire album. Prolly best to go wit the soulful sound ala animals and make a whole album like that. He def has what it takes to blow under Dre.

i co-sign that he has what it takes to blow up under dre...but i think it would be way better if dre put a few of his fingerprints on a project like this, but def let anderson do what he want to do and not cut off his artistically freedom...
i think anderson is an artist that maybe can be coached, but you should let him do what he feels...it should be like with kendrick on tpab or bilal on his first album. both albums are classics!

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:13 AM »

i co-sign that he has what it takes to blow up under dre...but i think it would be way better if dre put a few of his fingerprints on a project like this, but def let anderson do what he want to do and not cut off his artistically freedom...
i think anderson is an artist that maybe can be coached, but you should let him do what he feels...it should be like with kendrick on tpab or bilal on his first album. both albums are classics!

Yea but do u understand what I mean when I say the album sounds all over the place? Like he dint know what direction to go wit it, so he did some pop cuts, some r&b cuts, some soul cuts .. Almost sounds like a different artist from song to song.

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »

Yea but do u understand what I mean when I say the album sounds all over the place? Like he dint know what direction to go wit it, so he did some pop cuts, some r&b cuts, some soul cuts .. Almost sounds like a different artist from song to song.

my exact thoughts after I downloaded Venice... cool project though

Desert Lord

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

yeah i absolutley understand what you mean. i think he just wanted to get his shit out...that's what i meant with "coaching" by dre.