Author Topic: Anderson.Paak - what do you think about him?  (Read 2123 times)

Desert Lord

Anderson.Paak - what do you think about him?
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
i really enjoying his vocals on compton...
checked out his "venice" album and i really feelin' it...looks like dre introduced another real talent to us. let's see if he might be able to use the compton-album-hype for his own shit. i really look forward to hear more from him in the future  8)

what do you think about him, dubcc? got to admit i was a little sceptical after the first listen of compton...he grew on me very fast tho

GangstaBoogy

Re: Anderson.Paak - what do you think about him?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
Fuck him! That album had too much Anderson Paak, too much King Mez, and too much Justus. Those 3 were on like every fuckin song.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chef_YRD

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
I think Dre tries to bring us new talent outside of  his circle but only picks dudes he knows he's better than...then takes the dudes he knows are better than him rapping wise and messes up their careers IE ...Rakim,King T,Busta rhymes,ETC ...I mean hitman tho ??? He steady has some random features on his albums I honestly never heard of anyone my dude mentioned above me and probably won't hear much of anything from them after
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Desert Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
like i said he allready have an allbum out ...and some mixtapes....
so it's not that people have to wait till dre drops his album on aftermath...if he does..fine. but if not, he'll probably put his shit out underground anyway. premier said that he was already down with stone throw. maybe that would be better for his career anyways

jaytee

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
He's on my favorite record on the album. Animals.  Hip-Hop fans have been waiting on a Dre/Primo collabo for ages and he's the artist that gets the honor of being showcased on that history being made. 

He obviously has talent, but I think he has a star presence in a way that someone like Hittman didn't.   I don't know if he's signed with Dre or not, but I'm all for it whenever Dre works with local artists. 

I've checked out some of his older material and plan to dig a little further into it.

Desert Lord

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
He's on my favorite record on the album. Animals.  Hip-Hop fans have been waiting on a Dre/Primo collabo for ages and he's the artist that gets the honor of being showcased on that history being made. 

He obviously has talent, but I think he has a star presence in a way that someone like Hittman didn't.   I don't know if he's signed with Dre or not, but I'm all for it whenever Dre works with local artists. 

I've checked out some of his older material and plan to dig a little further into it.

+1

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »
he's alright, he fit the mold for his contributions on Compton

King Mez is dope though, he's probably next to blow if it's any 'new' guys from the album

WestWestYA

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »
Fuck hitman. Six two was 10 times better on 2001 than shitty no charisma shitman.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:41:42 PM »
he's dope, but i gotta see what dre does with him for my final conclusion...

i'm just now starting to feel kendrick's evolution from dope rapper to great rapper, so give it time.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 12:11:43 AM »
"All In A Day's Work' is one of my favorite tracks off the album, i think he shines on that shit. i honestly thought it was kendrick trying to sing when i first heard it. his part from 3:15 on shoulda been a hook throughout the song, although the structure of that track isnt really built for a hook, like alot of the other tracks on the album.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

doggfather

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 05:45:56 AM »
ain't know him till Compton, but like him on it.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:33:59 AM »
He's on my favorite record on the album. Animals.  Hip-Hop fans have been waiting on a Dre/Primo collabo for ages and he's the artist that gets the honor of being showcased on that history being made.  

He obviously has talent, but I think he has a star presence in a way that someone like Hittman didn't.   I don't know if he's signed with Dre or not, but I'm all for it whenever Dre works with local artists.  

I agree. He tore up that Animals track and I have that on repeat all the time. I guess MF Doom was suppose to be on that track too, but he was sick or something when it was being recorded, and Anderson .Paak was called in to do his thing instead. And he really grab that opportunity and ran with it. I wonder what it would have been like to have MF Doom do the track instead, because now I can't imagine it not being a singing track.

he's dope, but i gotta see what dre does with him for my final conclusion...

i'm just now starting to feel kendrick's evolution from dope rapper to great rapper, so give it time.

Yeah, it all takes time. Kendrick is a perfect example. I mean I hear his first two albums and you can hear that he's going to be great, but he isn't great yet. GKMC you can see he's taking that step, but now it feels like Kendrick has reached that other level that no other rapper today is at.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »
Bishop could've saved this album and turned it into some greatness, heck if Dre had dropped his Chronic Style/Say Hello To My New Artist... thing a few years back with the Khalil/1500 or Nothing/Quik/Battlecat production polished up and Bishop spitting fire it would've stomped all over this new release.

Bish had the style, ability, charisma and depth to carry the album and instead Dre left him on the shelf then kicked him to the kerb for these wack little chiclets we hear instead.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »
Paak is cool. Mez is going to make a big move after this as long as Dre stands behind him. Sounds like the kind of rapper that needs a strong production team behind him for his style to really pop.

Fuck him! That album had too much Justus.

I've bumped the album like 8 times already; I still don't hear where this guy was on a single song lol.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
Anderson .Paak is awesome.. really digging his style, he brings something unique & original.. and I love the way he goes back and forth with Dre on several tracks.
King Mez is dope as well, Justus is pretty cool on hooks.. while Jon Connor got bars, I'm not decided on his style/voice.. he doesn't make you go "daamn"..

I've bumped the album like 8 times already; I still don't hear where this guy was on a single song lol.

Lol, I felt the same way after some listens.. who raps now, who sings this, who's on background vocals now?

I recommend peeping this site while listening to the album..
Lyrics, clarification who raps/sings what, and background stories on several tracks, annotation/references and what not..