Author Topic: Straight Outta Compton - The Movie Inconsistencies (SPOILERS)  (Read 1758 times)

kuruptDPG

Straight Outta Compton - The Movie Inconsistencies (SPOILERS)
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
watched the film today, was impressed with it, if only it was longer lol but here what i was wanting to clarify/comment on certain scenes which could be fake/incorrect:

1) Did Eazy-E really get in touch with dre about reunion after he fired Heller?
2) There is no way Dre beat up anyone at Death Row Records when he was workin on cali love with pac lol, also it showed 2pac was doing Hail Mary...that song was done aftr All Eyez On Me though?
3) Snoop standing up to Suge when he met him for the first time? Again didnt happen lol
4) Dre already coming up with the name aftermath....really?

what y'all think of the following?

Sccit

Re: Straight Outta Compton - The Movie Inconsistencies (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:21:43 PM »
THEY DEFINITELY TRIED TO MAKE DRE LOOK TOUGHER AND I QUESTIONED SOME OF THOSE SAME THINGS TOO.....BUT AS A WHOLE, THE MOVIE WAS GREAT AND MOST OF IT SEEMED ON POINT.

-THE HAIL MARY PART WAS CLEARLY INACCURATE

-DRE INITIALLY WANTED TO CALL HIS LABEL BLACK MARKET

-NO WORD ON WHETHER OR NOT EAZY REALLY WANTED TO GET IN ON A NWA REUNION, BUT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER, DRE AND EAZY BEEFED TIL DEATH AND THE PLAN FOR A REUNION WAS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE NWE (NIGGAZ WITOUT EAZY)...UNDERSTANDABLE WHY THEY DIDNT WANT THAT IN THE MOVIE THO.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
Dre and Eazy were discussing a reunion but there was still bad blood.  They were nowhere near as close to making it happen as the movie suggests.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:30:55 PM »
From what I remember Eazy and Cube ran into each other and briefly talked about a reunion. Eazy didn't want Dre involved but Cube told him he'd only do it if all the original 5 was there.

Eazy and Dre never got a chance to speak about it and probably never would have.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 12:05:06 AM »
From what I remember Eazy and Cube ran into each other and briefly talked about a reunion. Eazy didn't want Dre involved but Cube told him he'd only do it if all the original 5 was there.

Eazy and Dre never got a chance to speak about it and probably never would have.

yup...somethin bout dre didnt make it in time to see him

kuruptDPG

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:57 AM »
Any othr inaccurate scenes in the movie?

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 04:36:57 AM »
I watched the movie this week. Ice Cube showed up and talked some words about the movie and they did it for the fans (usual marketing stuff). Was a surprise appearance, was really cool. I also noticed some "weird" stuff in the movie, but yeah, it's a movie....so they sugar coat everything and make sure that Dre and Cube get their shine. But overall it's a good movie with cool bits you can pick out like Dre working on "Nuthin' but a 'G' thang" and Snoop stepping in.

I agree with the stuff being posted here. But I also noticed when Snoop got introduced, Dre was working on "Deep Cover" and it seemed like Snoop was about to put in his work immediately (off camera). But from what Warren G told, Dre and Snoop's first record was "Gangsta's Life".

Also note how Dre played that "California Love" beat for 2Pac. Wasn't this a Dre solo record for Chronic 2 and Suge forced Dre to put 2Pac on there? Everything felt a bit too peacful. ;)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 05:51:58 AM »
They didn't go into the part where Dre dissed Eazy on Fuck Wit Dre Day
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

kuruptDPG

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
They didn't go into the part where Dre dissed Eazy on Fuck Wit Dre Day

they definetly shouldv showed that...quite suprised they didnt

BigBlood

• Lil Geezy
  • So Sick is my Klick!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
One Suge and Homies went to dre house..Thats when Dre gave up masters and no money........  Dre wasnt socking nobody but chicks..Eazy hated Dre..  DOC was on songs   They never showed NWA  and the posse...Above the law beat up Cube and Lench mob.. Brotha Lynch label sued Dr dre for tryna use Black market    Suge made it easy for Dre to b hard    and i see why Suge wanted to talk them bout the movie...they did him foul
619-80z  Don't Hate Me kuz I Stay  Flamed up

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
they did try to sugarcoat shit, but thats how biopics work.....overall, they did a great job covering the significance of that era and NWA's impact. the one part i can say I was disappointed that they left out was the dre-eazy/death row-ruthless beef.....other than that, it may be the GOAT biopic.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
Above the law beat up Cube and Lench mob

they did show that in the movie, no? I mean they didn't specify who Cube and them were brawling with but I assumed that was supposed to be ATL...

they did try to sugarcoat shit, but thats how biopics work.....overall, they did a great job covering the significance of that era and NWA's impact. the one part i can say I was disappointed that they left out was the dre-eazy/death row-ruthless beef.....other than that, it may be the GOAT biopic.

100% agreed

kuruptDPG

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 03:46:25 AM »
Above the law beat up Cube and Lench mob

i had no idea big hutch and kmg fought with ice cube etc

David Gutterman

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 04:25:49 AM »
Dr Dre's alleged assault of Dee Barnes appeared in an early script for Straight Outta Compton

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a664397/dr-dres-alleged-assault-of-dee-barnes-appeared-in-an-early-script-for-straight-outta-compton.html#~plTQtTruMn59mr

Hip-hop journalist Dee Barnes has criticized the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton for omitting any mention of Dr. Dre's 1991 altercation with her.  Dre pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery in the incident and later settled a civil suit brought by Barnes.  But it turns out that the infamous incident was in the movie's original script.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Jonathan Herman's original screenplay include the scene.  Quoting from the screenplay, the paper describes a scene in which Dre, "eyes glazed, drunk, with an edge of nastiness, contempt," confronts Barnes verbally. Things escalate to the point where he begins “flinging her around like a rag-doll, while she screams, cries, begs for him to stop.”

According to the paper, the original script was 150 pages and the film's original cut was three and a half hours long, and the scene involving the attack on Barnes was just one of several that were excised from the finished picture.  Other scenes that didn't make the film were ones in which Dre is shot four times in the leg, another where his house catches fire during a party and a flashback of his younger brother's death in a fight.

On Tuesday Gawker published a long piece in which Barnes recalled the attack and criticized the film for its omission saying, "I didn't want to see a depiction of me getting beat up," but calling the film a work of "revisionist history."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:28:41 AM by David Gutterman »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 05:09:23 AM »
Dr Dre's alleged assault of Dee Barnes appeared in an early script for Straight Outta Compton

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a664397/dr-dres-alleged-assault-of-dee-barnes-appeared-in-an-early-script-for-straight-outta-compton.html#~plTQtTruMn59mr

Hip-hop journalist Dee Barnes has criticized the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton for omitting any mention of Dr. Dre's 1991 altercation with her.  Dre pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery in the incident and later settled a civil suit brought by Barnes.  But it turns out that the infamous incident was in the movie's original script.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Jonathan Herman's original screenplay include the scene.  Quoting from the screenplay, the paper describes a scene in which Dre, "eyes glazed, drunk, with an edge of nastiness, contempt," confronts Barnes verbally. Things escalate to the point where he begins “flinging her around like a rag-doll, while she screams, cries, begs for him to stop.”

According to the paper, the original script was 150 pages and the film's original cut was three and a half hours long, and the scene involving the attack on Barnes was just one of several that were excised from the finished picture.  Other scenes that didn't make the film were ones in which Dre is shot four times in the leg, another where his house catches fire during a party and a flashback of his younger brother's death in a fight.

On Tuesday Gawker published a long piece in which Barnes recalled the attack and criticized the film for its omission saying, "I didn't want to see a depiction of me getting beat up," but calling the film a work of "revisionist history."

http://gawker.com/heres-whats-missing-from-straight-outta-compton-me-and-1724735910