Author Topic: Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 1442 times)

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
01 Necessary
02 Easy Bake [ft. Kendrick Lamar & SZA]
03 Gumbo
04 Wanna Ride [ft. Isaiah Rashad]
05 The Ways [ft. Sir]
06 Telegram (Going Krazy) [ft. Lance Skiiiwalker]
07 90059
08 Vice City [ft. Black Hippy]
09 Fly on the Wall [ft. Busta Rhymes]
10 Trees Deuce [ft. Lance Skiiiwalker]
11 The Message

Was a pretty good album. I wish he's add more high pitch synthesizers to his beats it's would contrast his deep voice a lot more. For instance the high pitch loop on "all my life". He spends most his time on monotone drum heavy beats. I do like that he's changing up his voice and delivery in some tracks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:49:28 AM by Jome »

Jimmy H.

Re: Jay rock 90059 is out. Who coped it?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »
How does it rank against "Follow Me Home"?

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »

it was honestly a totally different sound but I'd rate FMH a 9/10 and 90059 a solid 8/10  8)

Rock definitely showed progression on this one even if it was a short project, all quality for the most part

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Follow me home had the same types of monotonous beats, some tracks shined a lot.

This album is the same imo but on the boring beats he changes up his flow and voice so it makes them interesting.

Just my opinion.

The_Offence

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
dubbcnn members be like "the album is trash!

niggas in the real world be like  ;D if you actually taking in most these niggas opinion on here then you haven't been on here long enough. only a few cats on here actually got an good ear for  "RAP MUSIC" in general.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:23:55 PM by The_Offence »

Avalanche

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
this album is light years better than follow me home. that end part of easy bake with SZA should have been expanded and used as an extended intro.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »
Waiting on the hard copy

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
Will check bull moose tmrw

CORREA

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »
Waiting on the hard copy

u getting the autograph copy?

WestWestYA

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:05 PM »
Much better than the boring FMH album.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »
Waiting on the hard copy

u getting the autograph copy?

I ordered it but I hope it's not a CD-R...

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 12:12:19 AM »
havent heard the whole album but feeling it so far for the most part....got to the title track (90059) and once the hook came on (ugh) went back to the super dope "Telegram', got that shit on repeat its just to real for me...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:17:08 AM by CHUCK KNOXXX »
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

The_Offence

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:01 AM »
once again dubcnn members be like:  the album is trash!  ;D while icons in the rap game be like  ;D

dubcnn members like : the album is trash!  ;D NBA players be like https://twitter.com/TonySnell20/status/606911290351710209  :D

jay rock got one with this album, after years he finally got 1. follow me home was cool but that album wasn't anything high standard. you can get a follow me home type album from basically any west coast nigga. game has given us a couple albums with that formula and even he moved on from it.  this should be a lesson to young west coast rappers out there that stay" in that box" and we all know what in the box sounds like. shouts out to my nigga nipsey, dom,TDE, vinces staples, YG, TY and i know im missing a few other cats but im sure you niggas know who they are. these niggas continue to step outside the box, do different things and see success. growth!!! that's what the shit is about. when you put more into your music other than a "typical sound" niggas appreciate that shit. well obviously not this forum  :D i used to be just like you niggas. i remember when i was younger i used to listen to heavily west coast albums and "that sound" and "that sound" only. when i heard anything else i never gave it a chance because it wasn't "the sound" i listen to. as i got older i started checking out other shit and found out my thinking was fucking up my appreciation for some good ass albums. I missed out on artists that actually dropped dope album's. it destroys your ear to judge good rap music on a whole. it makes you only listen to certain rap music and you don't really have an ear for real creativity in the game other than "that sound". this is why some of you are questioning wtf does these niggas see in that album "it's not really good" you know why ? you no longer have an ear for anything other "that sound" "that sound" that you rate these niggas music based on. you can't grasped creativity other than "that sound" that's why you think nipsey's new shit is weak and kendrick is wack. that shit destroyed my ear for good rap music on a whole for years.  it's not good to listen to 1 style of rap music bruh. it's the same as niggas that only listen backpack rappers. they think everything else is wack! you know those niggas that only listen to nas, sean price, wu tang ect.. they only have an ear for that type of music. it destroys your ear and doesn'yt allow you to grasp rap music in general. now i can listen to any nigga from anywhere and appreciate their music if it's good, and i wasn't able to do that before. when i listen to an album now im not listening for "a  sound" im listening for creativity! my old mp3 player is filled with music that sounds like a dre produced it for the chronic or chronic 2001 thats "that sound" you know when you heard that sound and say "yo did dre produce this" "yo im downloading shit right away"  :D THAT'S THE SOUND AND THAT SOUND ONLY! now im  not saying the sound is not dope but when you're only checking for "it" that destroys your ear for anything other than "that sound"  you've mold yourself to compare everything to "that sound" an album like J cole's will be trash to you. why ? nothing on there has "that sound"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:56:27 AM by The_Offence »

The_Offence

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »
dubcnn members be ....ah you know the rest, the co founder of twitter be like  :D https://twitter.com/jack/status/642108393180672000

you know https://twitter.com/retOne/status/642332434009227264

you know the rest https://twitter.com/earlxsweat/status/642574880014249985  you know mane https://twitter.com/PROBLEM354/status/642658020644642816 dubc......https://twitter.com/CaseyVeggies/status/642472325787422720

bars on tracks like gumbo flew over the simple minded niggas on here.

nigga said I’m just doing my Zeus
Rubbing on her body just like a masseuse
And it’s money like a hobby for you to seduce
But if you blink twice nigga you can Medus
See the snakes in here, look at Satan there

thats greek mythology related.

see the snakes here look it's satan there.. meaning medusa hair is actually made of snakes but he put it in s slick way.he said see the snakes in here/ hair. if you blink twice nigga you can medus.. that's how medusa turned people into stone, with her eyes. this niggas word play is serious and y'all got no fucking clue what this nigga was saying. rock has gotten so much better in terms of the way he puts his lyrics together. nigga went so deep that simple minded niggas are still scratching their heads and took those bars as just random words. CREATIVITY!!!!!!! a creative way of laying down lyrics!!!! the album is filled with that!. i feel like his album is for a more mature crowd cuz those niggas can relate to the topic more. this nigga, ab and kendrick is on a whole other level in term of the way they lay their shit down. their shit got messages in it but some niggas are so dumb that they just don't get it because they're not educated on what the niggas putting down. look at kendrick's fan base. it's mature crowed. why ? they actually understand the fucking message is his bars. niggas need to read more.

simple minded niggas only understand simple lyrics. once you start getting creative with the way you lay your shit down these niggas are lost. that's called raising the bar. this why creative niggas like timbo is impressed by the shit.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:50:49 AM by The_Offence »

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »
once again dubcnn members be like:  the album is trash!  ;D while icons in the rap game be like  ;D

dubcnn members like : the album is trash!  ;D NBA players be like https://twitter.com/TonySnell20/status/606911290351710209  :D

jay rock got one with this album, after years he finally got 1. follow me home was cool but that album wasn't anything high standard. you can get a follow me home type album from basically any west coast nigga. game has given us a couple albums with that formula and even he moved on from it.  this should be a lesson to young west coast rappers out there that stay" in that box" and we all know what in the box sounds like. shouts out to my nigga nipsey, dom,TDE, vinces staples, YG, TY and i know im missing a few other cats but im sure you niggas know who they are. these niggas continue to step outside the box, do different things and see success. growth!!! that's what the shit is about. when you put more into your music other than a "typical sound" niggas appreciate that shit. well obviously not this forum  :D i used to be just like you niggas. i remember when i was younger i used to listen to heavily west coast albums and "that sound" and "that sound" only. when i heard anything else i never gave it a chance because it wasn't "the sound" i listen to. as i got older i started checking out other shit and found out my thinking was fucking up my appreciation for some good ass albums. I missed out on artists that actually dropped dope album's. it destroys your ear to judge good rap music on a whole. it makes you only listen to certain rap music and you don't really have an ear for real creativity in the game other than "that sound". this is why some of you are questioning wtf does these niggas see in that album "it's not really good" you know why ? you no longer have an ear for anything other "that sound" "that sound" that you rate these niggas music based on. you can't grasped creativity other than "that sound" that's why you think nipsey's new shit is weak and kendrick is wack. that shit destroyed my ear for good rap music on a whole for years.  it's not good to listen to 1 style of rap music bruh. it's the same as niggas that only listen backpack rappers. they think everything else is wack! you know those niggas that only listen to nas, sean price, wu tang ect.. they only have an ear for that type of music. it destroys your ear and doesn'yt allow you to grasp rap music in general. now i can listen to any nigga from anywhere and appreciate their music if it's good, and i wasn't able to do that before. when i listen to an album now im not listening for "a  sound" im listening for creativity! my old mp3 player is filled with music that sounds like a dre produced it for the chronic or chronic 2001 thats "that sound" you know when you heard that sound and say "yo did dre produce this" "yo im downloading shit right away"  :D THAT'S THE SOUND AND THAT SOUND ONLY! now im  not saying the sound is not dope but when you're only checking for "it" that destroys your ear for anything other than "that sound"  you've mold yourself to compare everything to "that sound" an album like J cole's will be trash to you. why ? nothing on there has "that sound"

Dublin members also be like: not reading this fuckboy's longwinded posts  :P

but I can't lie from the little bit I skimmed I agree for the most part
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:43:01 PM by Blood$ »