Author Topic: Ona nation tracklists from 2pac exhibit  (Read 785 times)

CORREA

Ona nation tracklists from 2pac exhibit
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
7 DAYZ: Vol. 1

Side A
1.Brothaz in arm
2. world wide piece
3. One Nation
4.Military Minded
5. Set it off
6. Tatoo tearz

7. Fright Night
8. Thug love
9. Make they Jawz tight
10. Neva Call u Bytch
11. Secrets of War
12.Ginseng Power

Vol one all starz: 2pac (aka Makaveli) greg nice (nice &smooth)
Buckshot (BDI) Smiff N Wesson (the Coco Brovaz)
Knumbskull (the Luniz) Melle Mel, Scorpio,
The Outlawz, L.S., ASu, Snoop Dogg
Jewell, 6ft

From the 2pac exhibit as posted by pacscene is dying at 2pacforums.

One Nation

1. Ginseng Power
2.Worldwide Dimez
3. Brotherz N Armz
4.Make they Jaws tite
5. Set it off
6.Secretz of War
7. Neva call u bytch
8.Rock that hip hop
9. Tatoo Tearz
10. Fright Night
11. Military Minded
12. Untouchablez

(East meetz West)

Featuring
2pac, Snoop, Kurupt of the Dogg Pound
Greg nice, Buckshot, Smiff n Wesson, Melle mell & scorpio
knumbskulls of the Luniz

Bone Thugz n Harmony, the L.B.C. Crew, the Outlawz, L.S, Asu & many more

MOBNigga06

Re: Ona nation tracklists from 2pac exhibit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »
Thanks for posting. Anyone have any idea what song is "Ginseng Power"? The others all seem to correspond to songs that have leaked. "Make they Jawz Tight" is what we've come to know as "Let's Fight." And "rock that Hip Hop" might be "Don't Stop the Music" or the One Nation theme song.

I wonder if Ginseng Power might be some alternative version of Thug Nigga? Always found it odd how one of them says "in the jocks of bitches like the ginseng root" and then Pac ad-libs: "GINSENG BABY!"
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »
Thats what I was thinking.

The appearance of Greg Nice and Asu on that track makes it more plausible.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »
I could be wrong, but I thought that there was a rumor that We Rock that Hip-Hop was that Asian sounding beat that was playing in the studio when Pac was in the red jacket on his birthday saying "We're working on a east coast-west coast collaboration called One Nation."

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:28 AM »
Interesting that Thug Love is on there (presumably the Bone Thugs one and not an unheard by the same name) but not My Own Style.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »
I could be wrong, but I thought that there was a rumor that We Rock that Hip-Hop was that Asian sounding beat that was playing in the studio when Pac was in the red jacket on his birthday saying "We're working on a east coast-west coast collaboration called One Nation."

Interesting suggestion. I always found that Asian sounding beat really strange. It sounds nothing like anything Pac would have spit to. Maybe that beat is for Ginseng Power, actually?

As for the absence of My Own Style...makes sense. Pac probably realized after listening to it that it was one of the wacker songs he'd made.

I'm surprised that Pac was envisioning One Nation as a 12 song album. You'd think for a "unity" project it would be a bigger album, full of features, more in the ballpark of 18 songs.

Another interesting feature of these lists is the presence of Secretz of War. I'm pretty sure this song was recorded for All Eyez on Me in the same session as All About U. Probably Pac liked the song a lot and recorded the alternative version in mid-96 in the months leading up to One Nation.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 03:31:43 AM »
"We Rock that Hip-Hop" already leaked.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

MOBNigga06

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:05:51 AM »

Really? Could you upload it or direct me to where it can be found? I've never seen it out there, unless it goes under some other title.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 12:00:07 PM »

Interesting suggestion. I always found that Asian sounding beat really strange. It sounds nothing like anything Pac would have spit to. Maybe that beat is for Ginseng Power, actually?

As for the absence of My Own Style...makes sense. Pac probably realized after listening to it that it was one of the wacker songs he'd made.

I'm surprised that Pac was envisioning One Nation as a 12 song album. You'd think for a "unity" project it would be a bigger album, full of features, more in the ballpark of 18 songs.

Another interesting feature of these lists is the presence of Secretz of War. I'm pretty sure this song was recorded for All Eyez on Me in the same session as All About U. Probably Pac liked the song a lot and recorded the alternative version in mid-96 in the months leading up to One Nation.
I could be wrong about the beat. At the end of the footage, there's another beat that sounds similar to Realms of Junior Mafia, that may have also been rumored to be the best for We Rock That Hip-Hop.

Regarding the number of tracks, remember that it was also rumored to have been a two-part album, with the second one being released through Duck Down and possibly supposed to have been recorded in NY with more of their own people behind the mixing boards. So there wasn't a need for Pac to want to jam-pack it.

It's possible the Secretz of War alternate (which Fatal confirmed was actually the first version they recorded) was from that same session. EDI confirmed in an interview that after Pac was released, Yak and Fatal were the first to get to LA and had started recording right away, so you figure the cuts with just them on it (All Bout U, Secretz of War, Late Night) were from that session before the rest of the Outlawz got there.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »

Really? Could you upload it or direct me to where it can be found? I've never seen it out there, unless it goes under some other title.

https://m.datpiff.com/tape/630698

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »

I could be wrong about the beat. At the end of the footage, there's another beat that sounds similar to Realms of Junior Mafia, that may have also been rumored to be the best for We Rock That Hip-Hop.

Regarding the number of tracks, remember that it was also rumored to have been a two-part album, with the second one being released through Duck Down and possibly supposed to have been recorded in NY with more of their own people behind the mixing boards. So there wasn't a need for Pac to want to jam-pack it.

It's possible the Secretz of War alternate (which Fatal confirmed was actually the first version they recorded) was from that same session. EDI confirmed in an interview that after Pac was released, Yak and Fatal were the first to get to LA and had started recording right away, so you figure the cuts with just them on it (All Bout U, Secretz of War, Late Night) were from that session before the rest of the Outlawz got there.
  and still i rise

MOBNigga06

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:35 PM »

https://m.datpiff.com/tape/630698

Props for pointing me to this. Never heard it before. Did it leak in 2014?

If Pac intended to put this song on One Nation, I'd guess there must be an unleaked version with a Pac verse on it?

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »
This shit was really weak...  The only way this album had hope was if a ton of more material was recorded... because the stuff that has leaked has been some of Pac's weakest unreleased material
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »
I don't think it's weak, it just doesn't really have any bangers, and it has more of a hip-hop sound to it, a little less West Coast-ish than what Pac was normally rapping over.  More beats that sound like they're meant for cyphers... which wasn't too far off of what it was.

CORREA

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:38 PM »
Tracklist 5

1. One Nation
2. Tatoo Tearz
3. Worldwide Dime Piecez
4.Military Mindz
5. Trump Tight

Tracklist 6

1. Military Minded
2. Secretz of War
3. One Nation
4. Worldwide Dime Pieces
5.Tatoo Tears
6.Trumptight

Featuring the East Coast/ West Coast All stars
-2pac, Greg Nice, The coco brovaz (smiff & wesson)
Buckshot,Snoop dogg, Outlawz

Tracklist 7

1. One Nation
2. Set if off
3. Ginseng Power
4. Military Minded
5. Brothaz in Armz
6. Make they Jawz tite
7. Worldwide Dime Pieces
8. Tatoo Tearz

This completes the One Nation Track-list. I posted these first because to me it is what motivated me to go to there in the first place. I've always wanted to know what were the tracks for this album. I am glad I got the chance to share these with the forum. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Something that came to mind ... I never saw "Basket case" or that title in any list. Also My Own style never shows up either.To me i would think this has to be an early concept and he made those songs after this list.I will continue to post more things in a few days but for now hope you enjoy and please feel free to give any feedback.