Author Topic: Tha Chill From Compton's Most wanted Interview With DubCNN.com  (Read 646 times)

abusive

Tha Chill From Compton's Most wanted Interview With DubCNN.com
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VRAh2OeHSK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VRAh2OeHSK4</a>
direct link:
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

abusive

Re: Tha Chill From Compton's Most wanted Interview With DubCNN.com
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
I've never heard of Growing Up In Tha Hood with Chill on it, who has a link?
How close is Long Beach to Compton distance wise?
Were those Compton hats in effect on the streets prior to NWA or was that something NWA created?
Anything good on that Compton Compilation tape? I used to see it on sale back in the day but I never copped it.

I'm glad they did this interview, I wanted the entire group to do White Label Radio but this has alot of gems. As much as I love Straight Checkin Em and Music To Drive By a part of me would still love to hear Chill on it.

WestWestYA

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »

Growing Up In Tha Hood has chill on it, haven't you heard it on CMW album? on the the video version has all verses by Eiht.

abusive

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »
I just pulled it up on Youtube, I'm buggin'. I must have forgotten or thought it was Eight this whole time idk. That song was my introduction to CMW. The video used to come on the box when I was in New Orleans. I bought the tape when it dropped and didn't really listen to the song that much on the tape because I had already listened to it a million times. These days when I pull it up I always pull up the video. But yeah that's Chill on there. lol Props.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »
How close is Long Beach to Compton distance wise?
Were those Compton hats in effect on the streets prior to NWA or was that something NWA created?
Anything good on that Compton Compilation tape? I used to see it on sale back in the day but I never copped it.

I'm glad they did this interview, I wanted the entire group to do White Label Radio but this has alot of gems. As much as I love Straight Checkin Em and Music To Drive By a part of me would still love to hear Chill on it.

Wanna see How close Compton and Long beach just look L.A. on google maps,  My ex-homie told me TRG originated from down there (Long Beach), and was blasting south siders like a motherfucker.

Also the Hat thing was in effect before N.W.A, and it wasn't limited to just the southland however it was mostly a Gang and hood thing, in the 80s and 90s especially a lot of sets had custom clothing and hats, a lot even took existing sports wear and would alter it more towards the set then just an average sports hat. Heres mine

You never really wore those types of hats unless you were claiming the city or representing it. See there was always a difference between people being from the city and then "being from" the city, however when N.W.A got big and the west was dominating the Compton hat became a more generic representation of being a rap and Eazy E fan. However that's still a piece of clothing you should avoid wearing a lot of times if you aint in it and not actually from Compton. I know a lot of people wanna wear those types of hats but are afraid of the repercussions, some of them people even end up wearing a more Generic California hat

- Something like this for example, but they'll get the Olde English version custom made.

As for the color of the hats, N.W.A Chose black and gray as the groups colors because they weren't affiliated with crips or bloods (allowing em to do shows in the area when they first formed). However those cities hats were sometimes  Blue or Red (reading Bompton instead of Compton) depending on the affiliation. You'd see those type of hats in cities that didn't have a sports team making gear with they city name on it explicitly on it, sometimes even then.

I've even see some cats wearing "Los Santos" and San Andreas hats because of GTA LOL  Like these

Now personally I always equated the people who wear those 2 hats as extreme pussified wannabes, or just some hardcore gamers, the gamers are usually cool, but the pussified wannabes are the same ones wearing Sons of Anarchy gear pretending to be a real 1%er,  those later cases you get your ass fucked up.  

Heres a another random one

Heres a L.A One, course most cats would just wear the Dodgers gear.

So yeah the cap thing existed before, during and after (though no longer as wide spread, with the use of Sports gearbecoming predominate).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:43:56 PM by Blasphemy »

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
some people get there ass-beat for sporting the wrong clothes

manson

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »

As for the color of the hats, N.W.A Chose black and gray as the groups colors because they weren't affiliated with crips or bloods (allowing em to do shows in the area when they first formed). However those cities hats were sometimes  Blue or Red (reading Bompton instead of Compton) depending on the affiliation. You'd see those type of hats in cities that didn't have a sports team making gear with they city name on it explicitly on it, sometimes even then.

[/quote]

Taught E was a Kelly Parc Compton Crip

abusive

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »
@Blasphemy
Thanks for that.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 12:34:31 PM »

Taught E was a Kelly Parc Compton Crip
[/quote] Eazy E and MC are from Kelly, Ice Cube ran with the local Crips in his Area, as for DJ Yella It was never revealed and Dr. Dre was never on some G shit, but when they made N.W.A it was suppose to be the best rappers from different hoods essentially however they decided to wear Gray and black in order to perform without incident (remember late 80s was still in the midst of color banging). If you watch the old interviews Eazy E was basically out of it by the time he made Ruthless. There is a old interview with cube drapped in blue, and older photos were they wearing the clear cut style of the mid 80s (a style that died off around the late 80s and was obsolete in the 90s).

in the early days of  westcoast rap, Rappers weren't suppose to shout out nor represent specific gangs, it was a unspoken agreed upon type of thing. You were either a Gangster or Rapper, the two never intermingled originally, that's why Eazy E and Ice T Especially gets a lot of respect in Compton for being one the first ones to do it, because before then B-Boys was its own subculture. Eazy E quit banging and had to be turned into a rapper, and Ice T stop representing as a Crip and became a B-Boy. In those days it was easier to see who was the gangster, who was the drug dealer, who was what mostly by they clothing. Today everyone dresses street even if they aren't, it's the style.

if N.W.A had decided to wear all blue and was shouting out non-stop crip shit, I'm sure there early concerts would of just ended in violence, and they'd probably be dead or choose something else to do, but by choosing a neutral color and staying true to the game in they never had to deal with that issue.

Even then some in the gang community didn't like the fact that N.W.A existed because they felt they were making money off rapping about  what they were actually doing (criminal life style), while some in the gang community liked it and looked at it like they were romanticizing it and giving it more pride and paying respects (Think Godfather in relation to the Mafia).

From what I've always gather and experienced, the people who hate on em are the same people who wants points and respect while not putting in the work, they always try to gain points by calming they aint real, they want to try and gain easy points. Now in terms of Real ass motherfuckers, motherfuckers I know have done the dirt and put in the work and time proper, they usually fans, they know they're just rappers. Even then the Former still bumped there music.

Kind of like how you have bloods and crips listening to Snoop and Quick respectively.

Growing up out here, lot of the times I found it was the hardcore motherfuckers bumping N.W.A, while most of the people would be bumping the modern stuff. Course from what I've been told lot of hardcore motherfuckers used to listen to that Electro-Rap shit to. I guess it all just depends on the time and the area.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:40:39 PM by Blasphemy »

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
some people get there ass-beat for sporting the wrong clothes
and that to, of course people get there ass beat if they just in the wrong area, if someones gonna try and fuck with you, nothing you can really do about it.All you can do is defend yourself and do enough damage to were they don't wanna fuck with you.

abusive

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »
Here's part two -
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8XAeFQ2RHh0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8XAeFQ2RHh0</a>
Direct Link:
CMW > NWA

WestWestYA

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 01:07:46 PM »
CMW > NWA

Agree NWA albums sound dated as fuck and replay value on them are meh.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »
Love their first album to death, esp. Late Night Hype
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

mrfranklin

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
CHill is a legend, has some dope tracks. I love late nite hype 1 and 2 classic CMW>

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 03:22:11 AM »
(...) NWA albums sound dated as fuck and replay value on them are meh.

This.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !