Author Topic: (2004) - Eminem Mixes Up 2Pac  (Read 931 times)

TidyKris

Re: (2004) - Eminem Mixes Up 2Pac
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
I still have never heard it. Matter of fact I was done after Until The End Of Time. I thought it was pretty good but I could tell that there wasn't much they could do with Pac's music after that. They already started getting new producers on some tracks that I wasn't thrilled about. Em likes to brag that he produced Lose Yourself but most of his tracks back then just weren't good just like his music. You could blame the music on the drugs but he just wasn't a good producer at all then period. I refuse to believe that the decision to get him on board was anything other than business. Dre couldn't have done it because there would have been a even greater backlash because everyone knew that Pac didn't like Dre.

I hear you. "Better Days" was the last good 2Pac album...like "Until The End Of Time" it had its good tracks and its bad tracks (mainly down to the remixed versions) but it was pretty decent compared to what we
got after

"Loyal 2 The Game" is not even worth listening to as it will just get any real 2Pac fan angry when you hear how Em changed some of Pacs words, changed the pitch of his voice
to fit the beats and how bad Em's productions are and how they are not suited to Pac. To me it just sounds like a full album of Pac rapping over different variations of the "Lose Yourself" beat

"Pacs Life" is absolute garbage but is worth buying just for the OG Version of "Soon As I Get Home" that is on there

"Loyal 2 The Game" was a good business move as it made the album popular on release only because it had Eminems name connected to it
but from a 2Pac stand point they may as well have just cocked over and shit all over the DAT tapes...that was the ultimate sell out album
I had the og soon as I get home on Makavelli number five. Was this version better quality?

Yeah the quality is 100% on "Pacs Life"...it was a lot better then any previous bootleg version of the track that i have

TidyKris

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 12:46:09 PM »
Eminem only had mere scraps to work with by the time Loyal to the Game came around.  Also consider that Em did the album for free.

Its no excuse...the beats could have still be good if ihe was workig with scraps or no scraps,
and i should think he did it for free...it would be scandalous if he got paid for that shit haha

abusive

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 06:14:04 PM »
I still have never heard it. Matter of fact I was done after Until The End Of Time. I thought it was pretty good but I could tell that there wasn't much they could do with Pac's music after that. They already started getting new producers on some tracks that I wasn't thrilled about. Em likes to brag that he produced Lose Yourself but most of his tracks back then just weren't good just like his music. You could blame the music on the drugs but he just wasn't a good producer at all then period. I refuse to believe that the decision to get him on board was anything other than business. Dre couldn't have done it because there would have been a even greater backlash because everyone knew that Pac didn't like Dre.

Eminem was actually on fire in terms of production around 2002-2003....he seemed to be learnin the ropes from Dre and even produced a majority of "the Eminem show" which was a classic album. He fell off faster than any produced I can remember and then pretty much gave up doin beats. But at one point, he was amongst the hottest in the game.
Their idea of production over there is getting a beat, making changes to it and then getting the production credit.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »

Eminem was actually on fire in terms of production around 2002-2003....he seemed to be learnin the ropes from Dre and even produced a majority of "the Eminem show" which was a classic album. He fell off faster than any produced I can remember and then pretty much gave up doin beats. But at one point, he was amongst the hottest in the game.
Their idea of production over there is getting a beat, making changes to it and then getting the production credit.

DRE THE GOAT

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »

yeah.. and Em was doing even more than that... he had a lot of stellar production on Devil's Night... and the two tracks he produced on 8 Mile, the title track and "Lose Yourself" are all time classics.  I mean, "Lose Yourself" is on the level of "Dear Mama" and "G Thang" in terms of greatest hip-hop songs of all-time.  And don't forget Em was even doing some outside production like "The Cross" on Nas' God's Son album was stellar, and I believe he even probably wrote and laid reference vocals for Nas on that track and all Nas had to do was just record his vocals, if you listen it really sounds like somethin Em wrote rather than Nas.  I forget a lot of other outside tracks now, but no doubt he was on far with the production from 00' up until Encore came out and he started to fall off.

But part of the problem was I think Loyal to the Game came out in 04' which was around the time of Encore and the time Em started falling off.   Had he done it when he was still in his prime a year or two earlier he could of made chicken salad out of chicken shit (the scraps he had to work with).   The tracks he did for the Pac documentary soundtrack were done closer to his prime and they are superior to his work on Loyal to the Game
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:12:21 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TidyKris

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 02:37:52 AM »

But part of the problem was I think Loyal to the Game came out in 04' which was around the time of Encore and the time Em started falling off.   Had he done it when he was still in his prime a year or two earlier he could of made chicken salad out of chicken shit (the scraps he had to work with).   The tracks he did for the Pac documentary soundtrack were done closer to his prime and they are superior to his work on Loyal to the Game

No i dont agree with that. Em's "productions" all have the same sound, the same feel and the same concept behind them. They would never have suited Pac...ever!
The tracks he made for Resurrection were awful too...would sound ok with Em, D12 and all those guys on but never for Pac...all Eminems beats are like marching music. Never suited to Pac's
style.

Plus i dont get why you keep going on about the "scraps" like that is the only reason the album was bad? Thats got nothing to do with the beats or the fact he pitched up his vocals to fit the beats.
If Em was a good producer and not a one style wonder he could have made a dope 2Pac album with whatever they gave him
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:40:44 AM by TidyKris »

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 04:39:00 AM »

But part of the problem was I think Loyal to the Game came out in 04' which was around the time of Encore and the time Em started falling off.   Had he done it when he was still in his prime a year or two earlier he could of made chicken salad out of chicken shit (the scraps he had to work with).   The tracks he did for the Pac documentary soundtrack were done closer to his prime and they are superior to his work on Loyal to the Game

No i dont agree with that. Em's "productions" all have the same sound, the same feel and the same concept behind them. They would never have suited Pac...ever!
The tracks he made for Resurrection were awful too...would sound ok with Em, D12 and all those guys on but never for Pac...all Eminems beats are like marching music. Never suited to Pac's
style.

Plus i dont get why you keep going on about the "scraps" like that is the only reason the album was bad? Thats got nothing to do with the beats or the fact he pitched up his vocals to fit the beats.
If Em was a good producer and not a one style wonder he could have made a dope 2Pac album with whatever they gave him

em had his own sound, no doubt.....but u could say the same about pretty much any other producer. whether they fit pac's style is debatable, but we never really got to heard em at his best producing a pac joint..the closest was "dyin 2 live" which was a moderate hit.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »

em had his own sound, no doubt.....but u could say the same about pretty much any other producer. whether they fit pac's style is debatable, but we never really got to heard em at his best producing a pac joint..the closest was "dyin 2 live" which was a moderate hit.

Right.. every producer has their own style... and maybe Em's doesn't fit as well with Pac.. and it's not the same magic that Hutch and the others who worked on previous posthumous releases were able to pull off.

Em, more than any other rapper, has delved into a lot of the same themes as Pac.  When it comes to expressing pain, anger, self-doubt, hopelessness, going Krazy—the pathos.  But I can't picture Pac rappin over a track like "Soldier" or "Cleaning Out My Closet" or any of them joints.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:19:42 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

smp4life

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 11:25:09 AM »
Em uses ghost producers.
Dre doesn't work with dead artists. He would never do a Pac or Eazy E album.
I thought the song Henessey wasn't bad. It was pretty lame to put dudes on Pac's tracks that he didn't even know. They coulda grabbed Spice 1, E-40, etc..

Okka

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »
Em uses ghost producers.

Who doesn't?

Mietek23

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »
I remember there were also rumors about Kanye producing tracks for that CD along Dre and Em - shit was terrible top to bottom tho.

Okka

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
"Po Nigga Blues (Scott Storch Remix)" was great though. I love that song.

CORREA

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
em production sounds the same

TidyKris

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »

style.

Em did have his own sound but all his productions were virtually the same two or three tracks over and over again just changed a little bit.

As for producers having their own sound...the real producers dont, they can make 10 tracks and they all sound different.

The flash pan producers that are "here today, gone tomorrow" do have their own sound and thats why they dont have a long shelf life
because they cant make anything out side of that sound and it gets old quick. Thats why Em's productions were hot for a year or two
then they ran out of steam

Real producers keep going for 10, 20, 30 years

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
Bullshit, the goat producers, Quik, Dre, battlecat, timbaland, khayree, premo etc all have a signature sound that you can recognize them by off top