Author Topic: G-Easy & King Lil G  (Read 178 times)

Game-Won

G-Easy & King Lil G
« on: January 26, 2016, 06:58:25 AM »
How come no one here ever gives these two any credit?

G-Easy has put out 13 ep / cds since 2008... so has been in work to get the fame he is getting atm, and he is a Mac Dre fan so his music has humor just the same.

King Lil has put in work to.. and he is Pac fan, you can clearly hear that on his lyrics.

Those 2 is dope, and gets no credit in here.. claiming to be a west coast connection, but when someone new who aint from DRE blows up.. they get ignored.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

ILoveQSeven

Re: G-Easy & King Lil G
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:10:10 AM »
I love King Lil G, have all his mixtapes/albums. 

But G-Eazy is remembered to me only by I Mean It, nothing else.

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:14:30 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=321447.0

I listened to the album since that thread, dope effort.

however the argument that we should endorse them automatically cause they rep Pac & Furl doesn't really make sense. We should like artists for their music, not for their own musical taste. In that case G-Eazy doesn't sound like Mac Dre, but it's clearly an evolution of Hyphy music, and dude is a good rapper no doubt. Although I don't understand why he keeps being compared to Logic. Their styles are different, both are dope but I think Logic is a far better rapper though. But I'm digressing.

As for King Lil, haven't heard of him, thanks for bringing him up. Maybe you could create a thread discussing his music instead of complaining that we're not paying attention to him.

It's still surprising to see people pissed at the same artists getting most of the attention on here. That's always been the point of the forum. That's like complaining to see people bash Obama and not proposing anything new if you go to a Tea Party Rally, sure proposals and common sense would be better and would help the situation, but that's not what their first agenda is. Same here, sure discussing new artists would be appreciated, I myself made threads that tanked cause they talked about IamSu or Casey Veggies. But you have to understand and accept that this place is visited mostly by people who are not into rap anymore, who are for the most part grown ups in their late 20's, early 30's, late 30's, 40's etc. and who are here to discuss their favorite artists, their favorite style and their favorite music era, not necessarily to discover new artists and discuss new threads. Just like a thread about the Arctic Monkeys on a 70's Rock forum will not be successful. Sure, a few people will react, but that's not the right demographic.

I listen to a lot of current artists and projects (and talk about it quite often on here), but I'm not complaining at the lack of activity because that's not what this forum is about. This forum is and forever will be mainly about 90's West Coast Gangsta Rap. The same threads have been and will be repeatedly made, with new dedicated posters popping up here and there and providing trivia, details and random information that we all love, unreleased music, interviews and footage from that era appear and get discussed and the people from that era still active today gets discussed whenever they drop a new project. Others, not as much unless they're doing a continuation of that genre in some shape or form (Kendrick, YG, Dom Kennedy). That's how it goes. You can despise it, you can clown the members about it, you can hate and be bitter about it, and you can complain about it, but it won't change. Unless a decision is made to change the focus of the board, rebrand and attract new posters. As I see it, I appreciate the fact that there's people still dedicated to this era in 2016 to keep digging and share knowledge and information.

My guess is that if you want the discussions to focus more on newer artists, you should maybe find a forum more active and dedicated to Rap music in its entirety, not 90's G-Funk and affiliated.

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 01:42:55 AM »
yo tre

ur el-cheapo