Author Topic: If Thy Kingdom Come had dropped in 97...  (Read 856 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: If Thy Kingdom Come had dropped in 97...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
Lol at dre neva lies.

Detox is coming!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:53 AM »
i used to smash a girl who claimed to be related to king tee (niece or cousin, cant remember, this was damn near 13 years ago. it mustve been true cuz really, who would make something like that up) and she told me once dre signed eminem that he basically forgot all about king tee's project and said that it was a shame cuz some of it couldve blown up, specially mentioning the quik song i think. she was bad, thick like luke dancers, used to stay in lake view terrace. anyway, i remember getting the promo cassette for st8 gone for free and looking forward to his album, but like others have said, i didn't hear much anticipation for it at all at the time. having heard the bootleg thats leaked over the years, i agree with the over all consensus, that it was a dope album but wouldve been mildly recieved and quickly forgotten.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »
i used to smash a girl who claimed to be related to king tee (niece or cousin, cant remember, this was damn near 13 years ago. it mustve been true cuz really, who would make something like that up) and she told me once dre signed eminem that he basically forgot all about king tee's project and said that it was a shame cuz some of it couldve blown up, specially mentioning the quik song i think. she was bad, thick like luke dancers, used to stay in lake view terrace. anyway, i remember getting the promo cassette for st8 gone for free and looking forward to his album, but like others have said, i didn't hear much anticipation for it at all at the time. having heard the bootleg thats leaked over the years, i agree with the over all consensus, that it was a dope album but wouldve been mildly recieved and quickly forgotten.

I smashed E-40's cousin
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 02:57:40 AM »

I smashed E-40's cousin

So the rumor about Levitti is actually true

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:09:47 AM »
Shake Da Spot was rediculous.

If Lp sounded like that woulda been big, Xzibits 40 dayz was basically an Aftermath Lp in all but name, released at the same time (ish). Did that go gold?

Until Compton OST, Kingdom Come was Dre's worst production (still love it).

Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »

I smashed E-40's cousin

So the rumor about Levitti is actually true

LMAO

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »

If Lp sounded like that woulda been big, Xzibits 40 dayz was basically an Aftermath Lp in all but name, released at the same time (ish). Did that go gold?

Damn your trippin...  Dre's worst production, which is like saying "Jordan's worst season with the Bulls".... is definitely not Compton.  That is a certified classic, sorry you are still sleeping. Saying Dre's worst production is like saying "Jordan's worst season with the Bulls".   Because even on his so-called flops like Aftermath Presents and The Firm he still had classic joints like "East/West Killaz" and "Phone Tap".   

...and you can't say Kingdom Come wouldn't have gone gold because Xzibit's 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz didn't go gold.  That was far from an Aftermath LP, as it didn't have Dre's name anywhere on it.  Mel-Man produced a banger, and Dre's homies were spotted here and there, but Dre's name was not on it, not as overlooking the project, not mixing, and not producing.

Take Dre's name out of it and you have a decent point though.   40 Dayz was a banger and it failed to go gold.  Thy Kingdom Come is a comparable record in terms of quality.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 03:12:57 PM »

Damn your trippin...  Dre's worst production, which is like saying "Jordan's worst season with the Bulls".... is definitely not Compton.  That is a certified classic, sorry you are still sleeping. Saying Dre's worst production is like saying "Jordan's worst season with the Bulls".   Because even on his so-called flops like Aftermath Presents and The Firm he still had classic joints like "East/West Killaz" and "Phone Tap".   

...and you can't say Kingdom Come wouldn't have gone gold because Xzibit's 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz didn't go gold.  That was far from an Aftermath LP, as it didn't have Dre's name anywhere on it.  Mel-Man produced a banger, and Dre's homies were spotted here and there, but Dre's name was not on it, not as overlooking the project, not mixing, and not producing.

Take Dre's name out of it and you have a decent point though.   40 Dayz was a banger and it failed to go gold.  Thy Kingdom Come is a comparable record in terms of quality.

N.W.A & The Posse is pretty wack and better than Compton. Fat Girl shits on your favourite Compton track.

Str8 Gone is still dope, probably got better with time, lp would be a lot heavier if sounded like that.

To say 40 dayz is not Aftermath record in all but name is crazy. Clear stepping stone to The Restless Lp exec prod. By Dre. (Haters act like Restless/Dre hook up was something new/out of the blue? Clearly not if know anything about Xzibit's career.)

Back to topic, I thought Hittman's Lp sounded sonically like a continuation of Kingdom Come, like 2001 never happened. Or was recorded earlier (except Last Dayz). Wish King T got more of Dre's 2001 sound. & we got a Rakim Lp while I'm at it.

Last emp Lp sounded more like recorded in Firm era than Tipsy's. I guess Kingdom Come is Lp with unique Dre sound.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Tha Crip

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »
I read Notorious B.I.G. was a fan and was supposed to be on the album...makes sense if he was recording this in '97...I wonder which track he intended him to have a verse on  :'(
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 05:38:56 PM »
lol 40 days was not an aftermath album brodie

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 08:26:14 AM »
a bit "funny" fact at least twice a year somebody start a discussion bout this unreleased king t album, but nobody neva mention his other albums.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

me1

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 04:51:16 PM »
He had just put out the Aftermath compilation which got no love...

And the production on King T's joint was an extension of that style and sound, to some degree, using much of the same in house team.

Dre was cutting his losses on his sound during that era by not releasing that album. He was well aware of what the streets would have said had he put out back to back joints that weren't game changers.

Luckily he hooked up with Storch, kept it going with Mel Man, and found Em and put out 2001

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 03:45:50 AM »
Lol only nerds in Internet forums expect Dre to release only 'game changers'

me1

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 08:23:17 AM »
I'm talking about Dre himself only wanting to release sound shifting work.

Fans like me, you, whoever, want anything in that vault cause we all know it's dope

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:15:41 AM by manny1 »