Author Topic: The D.O.C. Reveals: I've Lived With Dr. Dre for Most of My Life  (Read 914 times)

abusive

The D.O.C. Reveals: I've Lived With Dr. Dre for Most of My Life
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:00:45 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s1_5Ia1EpA0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s1_5Ia1EpA0</a>
The D.O.C. has worked closely with Dr. Dre over the years, and the Texas-born rapper and writer opened up to us about their long-standing friendship, revealing that they have gotten into some "monumental" fall outs. However, they've always managed to come together for all of Dre's projects, including Detox, which The D.O.C. said he was working on since 2005. "The Formula" rapper explained that Dre initially "wasn't ready" to work on the project, and after the tracks started leaking online a few years back, Dre "went back underground."

During the conversation The D.O.C. spoke to us about one of the blowouts he had with Dr. Dre that centered around him not having his own money and essentially living off of Dre's dime. Afterward, The D.O.C. revealed that "I've lived with Dre most of my life," aside from a time when he lived with Snoop Dogg when they had a falling out, which you can hear more about in the above clip.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: The D.O.C. Reveals: I've Lived With Dr. Dre for Most of My Life
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
great interview.. but are they just going to act like Compton OST never happened?  I mean what is the current state of his friendship with Dre.  And also, funny he never asked about his baby Mama Erykah Badu, there's probably a story somewhere there... she dates all these black hippies like Common, Andre 3000 and M1, and somehow DOC turnt her out
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »
great interview.. but are they just going to act like Compton OST never happened?  I mean what is the current state of his friendship with Dre.  And also, funny he never asked about his baby Mama Erykah Badu, there's probably a story somewhere there... she dates all these black hippies like Common, Andre 3000 and M1, and somehow DOC turnt her out
I think The D.O.C. was first, they both from Dallas. She's got kids with The D.O.C., Andre 3000 and Jay Electronica. There was talk of her and  Kendrick Lamar being together her recently.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:10:32 PM »
I love DOC but man this guys life sounds depressing. Not just because of the accident and its aftermath but to be continuously used by the same person (and to allow it to keep happening)...he sounds perfectly content with being the victim.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again - him and Dre are lovers. There's no way 2 grown ass men have such an on again / off again relationship. That's not s falling out that's a break up.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »
I love DOC but man this guys life sounds depressing. Not just because of the accident and its aftermath but to be continuously used by the same person (and to allow it to keep happening)...he sounds perfectly content with being the victim.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again - him and Dre are lovers. There's no way 2 grown ass men have such an on again / off again relationship. That's not s falling out that's a break up.

I don't know, man.  I know quite a few cats who have similar back and forths.  There is also the added element of the industry.  I can see it happening more often than one might expect.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:32 AM »

That's interesting how he described himself as Dre's "muse".  I mean usually that role is reserved for a female, but it could be male.  Like in the case of Pac, Biggie was certainly a muse for him during the Death Row period.  But traditionally it's cases like Eminem where Kim, Halie, and his Mom were his source of inspiration.

...On the real though, that's lame when people try to bring up the gay thing any time two men show any kind of a friendship.  They are two friends who have experienced a lot together.  It's a good thing to see and reflect upon and I'm happy that glad asked those questions.  There is nothing gay about it at all.  That's in your own mind.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »

DJ Quik & AMG
Basically all of DPG
Big Boi & Andre 3000
Havoc and Prodigy
etc. etc.

guess all of them are some fags too  :P

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »

DJ Quik & AMG
Basically all of DPG
Big Boi & Andre 3000
Havoc and Prodigy
etc. etc.

Quik = bipolar
Daz & Kurupt / Daz & Snoop = 1 fight a piece due to Suge's infiltration
Outlast = just grew apart
Havoc did call Prodigy a fag lol

Now did I say if 2 guys fight they must be gay? No. Read. Doc & Dre don't have a normal "fight like brothers" type of relationship. They're borderline Guru & Solar.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:47:13 PM »

DJ Quik & AMG
Basically all of DPG
Big Boi & Andre 3000
Havoc and Prodigy
etc. etc.

Quik = bipolar
Daz & Kurupt / Daz & Snoop = 1 fight a piece due to Suge's infiltration
Outlast = just grew apart
Havoc did call Prodigy a fag lol

Now did I say if 2 guys fight they must be gay? No. Read. Doc & Dre don't have a normal "fight like brothers" type of relationship. They're borderline Guru & Solar.

not even close lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 04:36:20 AM »
I'm really not seeing the gay vibe at all.  Seems more like two highly creative people who are friends in a cutthroat industry.  Can you elaborate on this because everything I've seen or heard, it comes off more like their falling outs are due to stuff like creative differences in the studio or money issues? 

abusive

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 07:05:04 AM »
I'm really not seeing the gay vibe at all.  Seems more like two highly creative people who are friends in a cutthroat industry.  Can you elaborate on this because everything I've seen or heard, it comes off more like their falling outs are due to stuff like creative differences in the studio or money issues? 
Me either. When Dre needs him to work on music he probably flies out and stays at Dre's then goes back to Dallas when he's done. No one saw Dre's new crib that he recently bought?
http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/dr-dre-tom-brady-mansion-furniture-house-sale-40-million/
Dre's house > a hotel. Plus he said he lived with Snoop too. Are we to assume that that was gay as well?

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
Snoop lived with Big Mike and 3-2... consider them all homos too  :laugh:

abusive

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
I think The D.O.C. was first, they both from Dallas. She's got kids with The D.O.C., Andre 3000 and Jay Electronica. There was talk of her and  Kendrick Lamar being together her recently.
D.O.C. on Child w/ Erykah Badu, Friends w/ Andre 3000 & Jay Electronica
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8J84641lsN8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8J84641lsN8</a>
The D.O.C. has an eleven-year-old daughter with Erykah Badu, and despite them no longer being in a romantic relationship, the Texas-born rapper revealed that Badu is one of the closest people in his life. The D.O.C. told DJ Vlad, "As a human being, she's probably, outside of my children, my closest friend."

Speaking more about their relationship, The D.O.C. revealed that he's also on great terms with Andre 3000 and Jay Electronica, who also have children with Erykah. When asked about the possibility of their children ever forming a super group, The D.O.C. said he's certain that the "talented kids" could put something special together.

To hear more from The D.O.C., including how important his family is to him, hit the above clip.