Author Topic: more on Former Death Row Artist Danny Boy Comes Out as Gay  (Read 930 times)

CORREA

more on Former Death Row Artist Danny Boy Comes Out as Gay
« on: February 03, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »

Former Death Row artist Danny Boy has come out as gay, with the popular 1990s rapper opening up on Instagram about the pressures of being gay and his frustration that has resulted.

The post, which was made last month, detailed the conflicted feelings that Danny Boy seemed to have with being gay.

“Never Should have signed up for this gay s**t,” he wrote on Instagram. “N***as is hoes, nobody faithful in the gay community… wish I could start my life over and forget half the n****s i met”

Danny Boy may have stayed in the closet during the peak of his career in order to protect his place in the rap industry.
“It was some speculations about his sexuality back than, but it was kept under wraps because Suge Knight was homophobic who publicly expressed his dislike for gays.

Plus Danny wanted to appeal to his female fan base.

Since all that is under the rug now, recently Danny boy came out on Instagram and even admits how much he hates being Gay.

He also opens up about his depression.”

Many had criticized the rap industry as homophobic, especially during the early 1990s. In recent years the atmosphere has shifted considerably, with many high-profile rappers coming out against homophobia.

In an interview with Interview Magazine, rapper A$AP Rocky said he has seen the rap industry growing more accepting of all lifestyles.

“One big issue in hip-hop is the gay thing,” he said. “It’s 2013, and it’s a shame that, to this day, that topic still gets people all excited. It’s crazy.

“And it makes me upset that this topic even matters when it comes to hip-hop, because it makes it seem like everybody in hip-hop is small-minded or stupid—and that’s not the case…

“I treat everybody equal, and so I want to be sure that my listeners and my followers do the same if they’re gonna represent me.”
The rapper Common, who like Danny Boy is from Chicago, said he changed his stance on the gay community after some fans called him out on it.

“They was like, ‘Why you keep disrespecting homosexuality?’ I thought about it. I ain’t here to judge ’em, so I just decided not to approach it like that,” he said (via Pink News). “I took out some words on my (new) album after that, because I wanted to show a step for myself toward improving on certain things.”

Danny Boy played an important role in the heyday of Death Row records in the early 1990s. He signed with the label when he was just 15 years old, and made his debut in the Murder Was the Case soundtrack in 1994. The following year, he released his first single, titled “Slip N Slide,” which also featured then-unknown Ginuwine singing the chorus.

The video for “Slip N Slide” featured scenes with some of the label’s other famous rappers — including 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, and singer Nate Dogg. Danny Boy later sang vocals on a number of famous 2Pac songs, including “I Ain’t Mad at Cha,” “What’z Ya Phone #,” “Picture Me Rollin,'” and “Heaven Ain’t Hard 2 Find.”

There were varying reactions to Danny Boy’s announcement that he is gay. While some fans offered support, others had more negative reactions including one who asked what 2Pac would think to learn that his friend was gay.
“[Tupac] was my friend and I think he would have treated me as such,” Danny Boy responded. “Furthermore I’m grown who I kiss or f**k and nobody’s business…. What I eat shouldn’t make you s**t…. Why is so called straight guys worried about another man??”

The now openly gay Danny Boy has continuing his singing career on his own label, Eclectic Soul Music Group.

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
Re: more on Former Death Row Artist Danny Boy Comes Out as Gay
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:55:55 AM »
da fuk.....smh. the irony of pac going at dre on toss it up calling dre fruity as a alize while danny boy singing on the background making eyes at pac.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »
fuck it

this dont matter that guy got talent..

, luther vandross was gay..and his music bangs, Freddie Jackson, George Michael and etc..

and Danny Boy wasn't gay in Death Row era...dude have a teen daughter, he comes out gay in the last 5-7 years..

but anyway, this don't matter

what really matters is when we will heard more Danny Boy  Death Row vaults tracks, specially that DJ Quik missed tracks.

PS: People don't hate on Danny Boy...

Dr Dre comes out the closet since the mid 80's ... and everybody listen to his music

hahahahaha

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:14:40 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »
fuck Danny Girl. Sccitfuck or plughoe or okkacocksucka can listen to this gay shit!!

dnjp4life

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:30:07 AM »
This is old news but I suppose Danny Boy is having to clarify the whole situation.  
It has no effect on his music and if you were to stop listening to his shit because of it, then you are just plain ignorant.
Speaking of which, he was working with DJ Quik recently and one track leaked which was one of the best tracks I've heard from him.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
This is old news but I suppose Danny Boy is having to clarify the whole situation.  
It has no effect on his music and if you were to stop listening to his shit because of it, then you are just plain ignorant.
Speaking of which, he was working with DJ Quik recently and one track leaked which was one of the best tracks I've heard from him.

Link please, Quik always brings the heat.

CORREA

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 06:32:14 AM »

im sure ur change your tone once gay artist start talking bout they wanna suck your cock  8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:31:07 AM »
yeah I don't think he was gay back then when he was rolling with Death Row.... so I guess music from that time is still alright......

...dude is one of my friends on facebook.  He's pretty out there... seems like he's been living broke and free loading most of his adult life.  Asking people for everything from rides, to money, and then every now and then goes off on a tirade about how dudes ain't real anymore, and have no loyalty, and how the industry is all shady... probably because he feels people owe him.  Like if he was once there homie and he is Danny Boy and therefore cats should help him out, and if they don't he gets pissed.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »
It's kind of amusing to see the rationale that homophobes use to justify liking artists they grew up on, once they learn that they are gay.  "It's wrong to like artists who are gay unless it is someone who was on Death Row then it's okay as long as they weren't sucking a cock at that exact moment that they recorded my favorite song."  Such sad, conflicted individuals some of you are.

and Danny Boy wasn't gay in Death Row era...

How do you know? 

dude have a teen daughter, he comes out gay in the last 5-7 years..
Lots of gay people have kids.  Doesn't mean shit.  When he came out is irrelevant.  Coming out is simply acknowledging publicly that you are gay. 

PS: People don't hate on Danny Boy...

Dr Dre comes out the closet since the mid 80's ... and everybody listen to his music

hahahahaha
  Do you actually really not know what "coming out the closet" is or this just a term you've heard but never really grasped the meaning behind because I don't think Dre has ever came out.  Also, if we're applying the same Danny Boy logic, Dre has like six kids.  Two born in the late 90's, early 2000's so shouldn't that mean he wasn't gay since like 2002 or something.  Or is he gay automatically because you like DJ Quik better as a producer?

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »
Only one i see conflicted is danny boy. If he couldn't sell records when he was straight. This aint gonna help him move units. And dre is a bisexual and in the closet. I believe pac wouldnt diss him like that if it wasnt factual. But dre will never admit it, because unlike danny boy he aint washed up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 07:48:48 AM »
I believe pac wouldnt diss him like that if it wasnt factual.
Hard to say, for sure.  Nobody sat and chopped it up with Pac about his reasons behind it or what he actually knew or saw.  The most believable account that I was looking to hear was from Je'well because she was actually cool with Dre.  She made it sound like there might have been more to the story but said she was waiting for the book, which never actually dropped.  Context is kind of important to me.  If someone calls someone a "faggot" on record in hip-hop or clowns them for doing effeminate things, it doesn't hold the same weight as actually accusing them of being a homosexual.  For instance, I never felt like Eazy-E ever directly stated that he thought Dre was gay but he clowned him for how he dressed in the Wreckin' Cru days all the time.  At the end of the day though, it's hard to know what is going with half of the people in the industry.  Whole lot of closeted homosexuals, women beaters, pedophiles, date rapists, sex offenders, child abusers, and the like so who knows? 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:18:25 PM »
Only one i see conflicted is danny boy. If he couldn't sell records when he was straight. This aint gonna help him move units. And dre is a bisexual and in the closet. I believe pac wouldnt diss him like that if it wasnt factual. But dre will never admit it, because unlike danny boy he aint washed up.

Not true, look what it did for Frank Ocean. That orange album was decent but because he made his "big announcement" people supported s d overrated the fuck out of him. And in similar events, look at the love fest the media threw Bruce Jenner. Even Charlie Sheen is getting the aww treatment. This pussy ass generation loved rooting for shit like this. Difference is Danny Boy doesn't seem to understand he has no sort of celebrity status left so him confessing to being gay is no different than some random Walmart clerk confessing it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

abusive

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »
Sounds like he's not happy with being gay so I predict that he'll become straight again. Miss me with that born this way bs, it's a choice you make.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:59 PM »
Can we remix him out of 2pac songs??

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 03:02:16 AM »
We're living in a post homo era anyways, it's all about trans these days. I ain't got problems with homos personnally or Bi's,  i got a problem with homo's having kids and/or marriage (although i can't say i'm very christian).
As far as i'm concerned danny boy songs and solo album are good r&b music
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !