Author Topic: Question about Straight Outta Compton movie and the song Neighborhood Sniper  (Read 651 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
In the credits of Straight Outta Compton, it says Neighborhood Sniper by Eazy E was in the movie.  It's one of my all time favorite Eazy E songs, but I have watched the movie about 5 times and don't hear the song in the movie at all.  There is one part where right before Eazy faints, there's some instrumental playing in the background that I don't recognize, but is a slim chance it might be a remixed version of the song.  Am I just missing this?  Can someone point me to a scene in the movie where the song is playing?

Blood$

it's probably low-key in the background somewhere

I didn't notice "What Would You Do" is playing during the Dr. Dre studio altercation until like my third time watching it lol

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I didn't notice "What Would You Do" is playing during the Dr. Dre studio altercation until like my third time watching it lol

Yeah, I don't know, I watched the movie specifically looking for it this last time and I still don't hear it anywhere.  I did hear the "What Would You Do" song, but I missed it in the theaters as well. 

I'm wondering if they might have taken it out for some reason.  I find it odd they play Ice Cube and Dre's solo stuff after they left NWA but none of Eazy's solo stuff at all after NWA.

GangstaBoogy

Yeah, I don't know, I watched the movie specifically looking for it this last time and I still don't hear it anywhere.  I did hear the "What Would You Do" song, but I missed it in the theaters as well. 

I'm wondering if they might have taken it out for some reason.  I find it odd they play Ice Cube and Dre's solo stuff after they left NWA but none of Eazy's solo stuff at all after NWA.

Not odd, it was intentional. That movie was used by Cube & Dre (especially) to stroke their own egos. And unbelievably they used Eazy as their punching bag. The scene where Eazy sees the Chronic billboard and starts crying...smh man they did him wrong in that movie.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Not odd, it was intentional. That movie was used by Cube & Dre (especially) to stroke their own egos. And unbelievably they used Eazy as their punching bag. The scene where Eazy sees the Chronic billboard and starts crying...smh man they did him wrong in that movie.

I just didn't like how they acted like Eazy did nothing after Dre and Cube left.  Eazy was still going Platinum with his other 2 albums and was bringing up a bunch of new acts on Ruthless.  I think it was only casually mentioned that he was working with Above The Law, Michelle and DOC.  And Bone was barely mentioned at the end.  Like Eazy was still on the grind doing plenty making Ruthless a multimillion dollar company.  He was doing fine without Dre and Cube.  And I wish they would have documented the Eazy/Dre beef.  They acted like Cube was the only one that had the balls to dis anyone.  It made for a good movie, making Eazy the sympathetic character, but not really true to life. 

But anyways, still would have loved to hear Neighborhood Sniper in the movie. 

Fresh Bone

The beat that Yella's character is making when Eazy-E collapses is sick. I think it must be a beat from around that time.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The beat that Yella's character is making when Eazy-E collapses is sick. I think it must be a beat from around that time.

I agree, I wonder if that was a beat they made specifically for the movie or something that they pulled out of the vaults.