Author Topic: Dr. Dre Producing Original Music For Adaptation Of Graphic Novel “LOADED"  (Read 843 times)

Matty

Detox baby, the next Dre project is confirmed and it's another soundtrack. this time it's produced with Mark Batson and the first installment is due q4 2016, according to the article.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.37830/title.dr-dre-producing-original-music-for-adaptation-of-graphic-novel-loaded

560xxl

• 'G'
Detox baby, the next Dre project is confirmed and it's another soundtrack. this time it's produced with Mark Batson and the first installment is due q4 2016, according to the article.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.37830/title.dr-dre-producing-original-music-for-adaptation-of-graphic-novel-loaded

Sounds great...

Matty

Sounds great...

Dre & Mark Batson is certainly a step up from Dem Jointz & the 'Compton' crew, that's for sure.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Sounds great...

Dre & Mark Batson is certainly a step up from Dem Jointz & the 'Compton' crew, that's for sure.

Your fuckin trippin cuzzz......... that Compton OST is the bomb buzz... another classic on par wit Chronic and 2001... act like you know
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

123imagee

Sounds great...

Your fuckin trippin cuzzz......... that Compton OST is the bomb buzz... another classic on par wit Chronic and 2001... act like you know

sorry to disagree infinite but i´d rather listen to gucci mane & wacka flocka than that "compton" album!!!

dre ain´t dre on that wack beats, listen to the chronic and then listen to "compton" and tell me it ain´t wack, okay, its not wack but c´mon,

Compton isn't a patch on Dres other work as instead of him being him he tried too hard to adapt himself to what was hot at the time and follow trends instead of setting them. The album was weak upon release and has nowhere near the re-playability of his other projects, hopefully with Batson on the team Dre will take it back to his old level.

Not to hate on the album though, I just expected more than what Dre served up as a lot of the leaks etc.. were head and shoulders above what we got plus the features were meh to the tenth power.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
Compton is great album. Not a classic, but a great album. You can't expect some gangsta shit from a man in his 50's. Smoking weed, killing and shit like that. Compton is another thing, it's theme is that Straight Outta Compton movie. You can notice that in almost every song on the album, and it's rushed project. I remember seeing X's pictures with Dre and other dudes in Hawaii and if you watched that DJ Skee interview with the crew who worked on the album you can hear Jon Connor saying that was 2 months ago prior to releasing Compton. X's track "Loose Cannons" was done 3-4 days before mastering. So you get the deal. He's sleeping on beats and tracks from Detox and one day he's release it. For me it's funny how almost every rapper, singer who was on Compton rushed to release something of they're own after Compton released, like Xzibits tour called "Loose Cannon" OK, The Game already had album coming out but he was ready to ride a wave from Compton, Focus was posting picutres on his Instagram all the time saying how he was responsible for Compton, Anderson Paak came out with album too. Like it's going to happend again with Chronic 2001. :) But just wait, if we dont get Detox at least we'll get some beats out of it, wait for X's new album and you'll hear them. If you remember correctly, Dre used to test the audience with X's albums in the past (Man Vs Machine was one of those) and later WOMD there was bunch of unreleased track from that album which featured Dre on production. Grown Man Bussines, One In A Million, LAX (Original)...
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Sccit

IF THIS IS ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS COMPTON, IT'LL BE GREAT

me1

the producers of Loaded are going to be pissed when Dre releases the soundtrack in 2024

GangstaBoogy

Why is it that every time someone says they didn't like Compton it turns into a lecture. I wasn't expecting a "gangsta" album I was expecting a mature futuristic sounding project. Talking to My Disry met my expectations, All in a Days Work met my expectations. Deep Water met my expectations.

I wanted Detox! I wanted records like the Chrysler commercial, or even My Prescription / Under Pressure.

Compton was a well mastered project but overrated as fuck on this forum.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

Why is it that every time someone says they didn't like Compton it turns into a lecture. I wasn't expecting a "gangsta" album I was expecting a mature futuristic sounding project. Talking to My Disry met my expectations, All in a Days Work met my expectations. Deep Water met my expectations.

I wanted Detox! I wanted records like the Chrysler commercial, or even My Prescription / Under Pressure.

every single track on compton was better than my prescription

GangstaBoogy

My Perscription > Issues & Satisfiction off top. I'm sure there's more but I honestly can't even remember most of the songs.

every single track on compton was better than my prescription
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CORREA

retards expect an old fart to make a gangsta album lol the album was better then expected great production and all the feats bringing their a game dre did a great job in vocals even tho he didn't write none of it

the ones who didn't like the album prob only listens to 90s music lol and expected dre to drop a 90s type album bunch of retards for thinking that this is 2016 not 1996

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
retards expect an old fart to make a gangsta album lol the album was better then expected great production and all the feats bringing their a game dre did a great job in vocals even tho he didn't write none of it

the ones who didn't like the album prob only listens to 90s music lol and expected dre to drop a 90s type album bunch of retards for thinking that this is 2016 not 1996

Shit... I'm Infinite trapped in 96' and I thought Compton OST was the shit and I still haven't stopped bumping it.  Great music should challenge the listener a bit, and Dre does that with the album, so that it can grow on you.

I don't need the same sounds as 96' I just like all the styles and creativity of that era, and Dre does that with Compton
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TidyKris

I am with you on Compton...and like what has already been stated, nobody was expecting a 50 year old gangster album or a Chronic/2001 part 2...i wish people would get over saying that
Yeah the music is produced fantastic and sounds well above anything else but the tracks dont have that magic to stand the test of time. Ive forgot about them already!

The production of Compton sounds much better then both Chronic & 2001 but the songs themselves are nowhere near as good as any of those albums.
I think the fact that it is a Dre album is the reason people love it so much, they have waited that long for a new Dre album that if Compton was 80 minutes of Dre farting
into a microphone they would say its a classic...they are looking through rose tinted glasses...or should i say Dre tinted glasses.
Sure the album is better then anything else out there right now but it is not on a par with the older stuff Dre has been involved with apart fgrom the way it sounds
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:49:18 PM by TidyKris »