Author Topic: IamSu! - Kilt 3 (discussion thread)  (Read 275 times)

bouli77

IamSu! - Kilt 3 (discussion thread)
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:44:24 AM »

1. Intro
2. Game Time
3. Make You Understand
4. Aura
5. Up All Night (Ft. HBK CJ)
6. Gucci (Ft. Kool John)
7. Something New (Ft. Sage the Gemini & YMT
8. So High
9. Phone & A Gmail
10. Dum Dum Dum (Ft. aka Frank)
11. Hella Good (Remix) (Ft. Problem)
12. The Feel

Album was released on March 10. A bit disappointing considering IamSu's worth and talent. Still got slaps and the production value is way above average. But no real gem on here and a couple of annoying songs.

Favorite songs :
Up All Night
Phone & A Gmail

6/10

CORREA

Re: IamSu! - Kilt 3 (discussion thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:25:18 AM »
i wouldn't invest my time on him he is going no where and will disappear in a year or so
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:28:02 AM by OldSpunkers.com »

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
i wouldn't invest my time on him he is going no where and will disappear in a year or so

he's got a pretty good following and he's been buzzing for five years now. i don't think he'll be forgotten in a year, HBK have a strong fan base and have had multi platinum success already. but even if he were to disappear in a year the music he has already dropped is entertaining so it's not my primary concern now, i take things as they come.

CORREA

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 10:41:16 AM »

he's got a pretty good following and he's been buzzing for five years now. i don't think he'll be forgotten in a year, HBK have a strong fan base and have had multi platinum success already. but even if he were to disappear in a year the music he has already dropped is entertaining so it's not my primary concern now, i take things as they come.

hes lower mid card at best not sure what following you speak of tho
what he needs for starters is a name change then work on being original

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »
his crew HBK has had success, P-Lo is a sought after producer, Sage the Gemini has had multi platinum success, IamSu's album was the first album from the Bay in decades to debut at number 1. they're definitely well established.

I don't know what's wrong with his name, it's pretty original (since you talk about being original before), and he himself has his own style. but I'm guessing you haven't listened to him enough to form a coherent opinion, as usual.

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »
his crew HBK has had success, P-Lo is a sought after producer, Sage the Gemini has had multi platinum success, IamSu's album was the first album from the Bay in decades to debut at number 1. they're definitely well established.

I don't know what's wrong with his name, it's pretty original (since you talk about being original before), and he himself has his own style. but I'm guessing you haven't listened to him enough to form a coherent opinion, as usual.

name sucks and not original
 are we discussing the artist or the dime a dozen producers ?
great move on his part to drop when the competition is not around  
people will get tired of him quick
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:00:04 AM by OldSpunkers.com »

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:59 AM »

well that's your opinion but I doubt his name is influencing his success in any shape of form, and if it is it must be in a good way because dude has had a decent career so far. so your advice (which I'm sure he'd care about a lot given how well read and knowledgeable you are) seems out of place and useless.

we're supposed to discuss his new album but you chose to talk about him in general and his career (since you have no intention to talk about the actual purpose of the thread, as usual) so of course we had to expand on his movement to show that your arguments were (once more) invalid and beside the point.

maybe people will grow tired of him, that doesn't change the fact that he's a good and successful rapper that has already put out quality material so far (which you haven't listened to, like most of the artists' catalogue you "discuss" on here) despite a rather lackluster album.

CORREA

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:22 AM »

well that's your opinion but I doubt his name is influencing his success in any shape of form, and if it is it must be in a good way because dude has had a decent career so far. so your advice (which I'm sure he'd care about a lot given how well read and knowledgeable you are) seems out of place and useless.

we're supposed to discuss his new album but you chose to talk about him in general and his career (since you have no intention to talk about the actual purpose of the thread, as usual) so of course we had to expand on his movement to show that your arguments were (once more) invalid and beside the point.

maybe people will grow tired of him, that doesn't change the fact that he's a good and successful rapper that has already put out quality material so far (which you haven't listened to, like most of the artists' catalogue you "discuss" on here) despite a rather lackluster album.

drake ish *pipe bomb