Author Topic: MIDFIELDS!!!!  (Read 216 times)

bez

MIDFIELDS!!!!
« on: April 21, 2003, 12:55:13 PM »
So much for Evertons champs league hopes, they were gone after the Liverpool defeat but what the hell are we doin lately.  I think its a  shame that we have done so well this season yet still we can play so shit on some occasions.

Moyes can only tell the players what to do on the field and it is up to the players to go onto the pitch and do the job but lately we havent looked like a WINNING team, which we where earlier on in the season.

Midfields to me are what can win the game for a team.  Without a good strong midfield then a team ain't gunna get any goals or balls up to the strikers and Everton are really lacking in the midfield area.  

Take the top 6 for example.  Manutd have Keane, Butt, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs.  All class midfield players.  Arsenal equally have Viera, Pires, Gilberto and Ljunberg.  All good players aswell.

Newcastle have Robert, Jenas, Vianna, Dyer and Speed and Chelsea have Gronkjar, Petit, Lampard, stanic and zenden who are all good players on their days.  Liverpool have Murphy, Gerrard and Hamman.

Now all the players I have just listed above are what I expect from a Midfield player, players that can create chances from next to nothing but players that can also score goals and players that can get back when needed and prevent the opposition from scoring.

Now Everton have done well this season and most of that is because of how well are midfueld have played but the last 2 games they have been awful.  Nobody has looked up for the part, nobody has looked dangerous and when Evertons fans would expect a midfield player to be in the center of the park gettin stuck in, the players just havent been there.  All the players I listed above are the types of players I think Moyes needs to try and find at cut prices because our current midfield is a sham.

Li Tie:  Not Good enough
Pembrige:  Ok, I would keep him
Gemmill:  Waist of money, I wouldent feed him if I was manager
Gravesen:  Ok, gets booked stupidly, gives the ball away to much, If Moyes sold him I wouldent complain.
Alexandersson:  Never got the hang of Prem football, a defo sale in the summer
Naysmith: Not a midfielder
Carsley:  Doesn't do enough for a midfielder.

Now you look at that midfield and its laughable.  Moyes has pretty much got the defence sorted for a season or 2 with Wier and Stubbs and Yobo and Hibbet, the the strikers are ok for now, even though Campbell is a lazy cunt and doesnt work enough for the cause butthats another story.  Moyes needs to work on the Midfuield over the summer and try and buy some quliaty mids that are gunna get us goals and create chances.  We might be 6th in the league but its time for chances in the center of the field.

We have a younger called Leon Osman, hes suppose to be a really good, young talent, if Moyes don't play him in the next game or so then we are gunna have to start wondering what hes playin at.  its really times like now we could of done with Nyarko, ok he might not of worked very much but that was under Walter SMith, maybe Moyes could of got the best outter him.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 12:59:10 PM by Bez »

TheSheriff

Re:MIDFIELDS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 01:20:40 PM »
You also have Linderoth (or is he gone?). It's spelt Weir. And for the Scousers, they also have Riise.

Also, for you, you could play a respectable 4-3-3, and have Nicky Chadwick to drop back.

Wanna know one creepily good midfield? Birmingham. Powell, Cisse, Lazaridis, Savage.

My beloved Villa...however...

Hendrie: Glurg. Not as good as we hoped. Keep-he's good enough for our waste of space team.

Kinsella: ROFLMAO what a joke. But he works hard. Maybe sell.

Hitzlsperger: Form is patchy. Keep.
Kachloul and Hadji: Inconsistent. Sell.
Stone: WHY DID WE SELL YOU?
De La Cruz: better defending
Taylor: old, keeps getting injured
Leonhardsen: Good enough.
Barry/Samuel: Our best midfielders, and they're both defenders.

Enckelman
Delaney Mellberg Johnsen Samuel
Taylor Barry Hendrie Leonhardsen
Vassell Dublin

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 11:15:26 AM »
I'd like to see Joe Cole at Everton. You lack a creative spark when Sir Rooney isn't around. A decent winger to go with that would look good as well.

Carsley, Gemmill etc. are all boring players. Its good to have stability, but thats what the likes of Unsworth gives.

legend

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 12:36:49 PM »
one question. how many spots do english teams get for the champ league??

bez

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 05:37:04 PM »

2 qualify automatically and 2 places have to play a preliminary game. I think!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 06:07:03 PM »
4 is too much. 3 is better. We don't want Liverpool embarassing England again.  

Well done Celtic as well even though that was the worst semi final ever and the UEFA cup is the shittiest competition ever.