Author Topic: Techs Top 5 Singles of the Week  (Read 499 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Techs Top 5 Singles of the Week
« on: April 23, 2003, 01:25:38 PM »
1. "Dipset Anthem"  The Diplomats
2. That new Lil Jon joint
3. "Sing For the Moment"  Eminem
4. "21 Questions"  50 Cent feat. Nate Dogg
5. "Neva Scared"  Bone Crusher feat. TI, Killer Mike
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Techs Top 5 Singles of the Week
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 03:17:31 PM »

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »
Tech, where "Belly Dancer"???  I thought you were a fan man!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 09:48:56 AM »
I havent seen the video yet, so its not eligible for my top 5 list.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 01:04:49 PM »
besides bone crusher and lil jon its a good list..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 02:31:15 PM »
Hmmm, I ain't feelin that list...Here's mine

1.Westside Connection Feat. Knoc-Turnal - "Lights Out" (This song is so fuckin dope...The bass is just amazing in a system, and all the flows are on point...Plus Knock doin' it big on the hook)

2.Fabolous - "Can't Let You Go" (Yea, I know this song is getting played out, and it's pretty old, but man, it's just pure dopeness...The beat is nice, the hook is great, and best of all, Fabolous spits the dope-ass multis and this time he's saying more than 'I'm a gangsta'...)

3.Nelly - "Pimp Juice" (Yea, yea, I know it's Nelly, and Nelly sucks big cock, but he really reminds me of Pharell of The Neptunes on this track...He doesn't even sound the same when he sings...And the beat just puts you in that mood...He's not a great singer, but I'm feelin this one...)

4.Busta Rhymes Feat. Mariah Carey & Flipmode Squad - "I Know What You Want" (This one is tight...The beat sounds like Dre, and Busta just comes off smooth on this one...The only flaw on this track is the girl rapping just fucked up the whole mood of the track...)

5.Bone Thugs Feat. Phil Collins- "Home" (Yea, it's just a dope track...There's nothing more to say about it...Of course we've heard a lot better from Bone, but this is not a bad track at all...)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 02:34:13 PM by Sccit »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 04:46:03 PM »
1. Joe Budden - Pump It Up

TilMakaveliReturns

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 06:22:13 PM »
1. Pac & 50 - Realest Killaz
2. Em, 50, and Busta - Hail Mary
3. Talib Kweli - Get By
4. Lil Kim feat. 50 - Magic Stick
5. 50 feat. Nate - 21 Questions

LOL.... i didnt intend for all the 50 songs but those are really my top 5.....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 06:59:17 PM »
You know what...There are just too many to pick a top 5...Here are some more...

1.E-40 - "One Night Stand" (I believe the Neptunes laced this one, and DAMN it's a banger...Lovin' the beat, lovin' the flows...This one's just ill)

2.Lil Kim Feat. 50 Cent - "Magic Stick (50 Cent is an average rapper, and Lil Kim is nothing special, but this one is just too catchy...The beat is dope, and the hook wont leave my head...It's just one of those songs that get you instantly hooked...)

3.Talib Kweli - "Get By" (Talib finally hits us with a radio friendly single...This one's not only good for album sales, but also isn't a sell-out song...Talib keeps the positive message in his rap, and the lyricism on this one is just perfect...)

4.Hi-C Feat. DJ Quik - "Let Me Know" (Ohhhhhh weeee! The talk box at it's best...This one is just some of that west coast shit we love too hear

5.Eminem - "Sing For The Moment" (Sorry, but this song is amazing...One of the best off "The Eminem Show"...Eminem attempts to get at the rock fans this time, to expand his fan-base...K-Roq (a rock station down in LA) is even giving this one heavy rotation...Who doesn't love this sample, and the meaningful verses? Brilliant song...)

I'll list some more later, cuz singles are getting good nowadays...The Ja Rule/Nelly era is over...PeACe
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 07:00:45 PM by Sccit »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 09:09:10 PM »
1.Daz & Soopafly - "Dogg Catcha" (Funk, funk, funk, and funk! That's all there is to it...I'm lovin' the beat and the George Clinton sample...I'm lovin' Daz's flow...I'm lovin' Soopafly's flow...Finally, here's some westcoast shit we can LOVE...)

2.Panjabi MC Feat. Jay-Z - "Beware Of The Boys (Remix) (Crazy ass Middle-Eastern beat, with a touch of hip-hop...This is another banger...Jay-Z comes off strong for a change, and Panjabi MC brings that crazy ass Middle-Eastern flow...Who says this aint dope?)

3.R. Kelly - "Ignition" (Yea, this one kinda' got old quick, but who's to say it ain't dope? So so so catchy...That's all there is to it...)

4.Baby Feat. Clipse - "What Happened To That Boy" (Neptunes were once considered the Nelly's of production, but they have shown diversity in there music lately, and this is a good example...Can anyone say WOAH? How does the bass get so deep? You can even feel the bassline when listening to this in your headphones...And let's not forget the catchy chorus, 'Prrrrr, what happened to that boy?'...One word, banger...)

5.2Pac Feat. Trick Daddy - "Still Ballin" (Can anyone tell me how the fuck they allowed this song on the radio? Everytime they play it on Power 106, I can't hear a word 2Pac is saying in his verses...Every other word is scratched out, and I'm not exagerating! Anyways, the song is dope...Trick Daddy came off kinda' weak, and this is not the 2Pac we want to hear, but none-the-less, it's still a nice song...The beat is pretty dope as well, with a touch of that west coast funk...Dope track...)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 09:09:44 PM by Sccit »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 11:32:55 PM »
that new busta, and the panjabi mc joint is bangin for sure. The rest i never knew were actual singles. Ive never heard any of them on radio.

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2003, 12:24:53 AM »
All 15 songs I listed are singles...PeACe

TilMakaveliReturns

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2003, 02:21:11 AM »
2.Panjabi MC Feat. Jay-Z - "Beware Of The Boys (Remix) (Crazy ass Middle-Eastern beat, with a touch of hip-hop...This is another banger...Jay-Z comes off strong for a change, and Panjabi MC brings that crazy ass Middle-Eastern flow...Who says this aint dope?)

It's an Indian beat....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2003, 10:17:57 AM »

It's an Indian beat....

Well no shit...You know what I mean...Middle-Eastern music and Indian music is basically the same...PeACe

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2003, 05:28:10 PM »
I'm not feelin that Belly Dancer song...