Author Topic: HALF-LIFE 2 FOR CHRISTMAS?  (Read 174 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
HALF-LIFE 2 FOR CHRISTMAS?
« on: March 21, 2003, 10:44:05 AM »
MY GOD, I Cant See This Happening But Still At Least Were Starting To Get Rumours About Easily The BIGGEST & Most Anticipated Sequel EVER - I Dont Care What Anyone Says HL Is Legendary. Best FPS Ever...NEVER Have I Been Sucked Into A Game Like I Was HL The First Time I Played It....Amazing Game. This From PC ZONE :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HALF-LIFE 2 FOR CHRISTMAS?

Internet speculation is rife over a Half-Life 2 release this year

16:06 You've got to speculate to accumulate, a bloke once told me before losing his shirt at the bookies, and there's certainly a lot of speculation over Half-Life 2, with German magazine and website GameStar suggesting it will be out in time for Christmas.
Usually one needs to take such claims with a huge bag of salt, but maybe there's no smoke without fire.

We looked at the evidence. Gamestar claims to have information from a conference call from nVidia to business partners and analysts, and linking the game's release with its five year birthday in November.

What is surprising is the rumour states that Half-Life 2 will have a brand new engine designed by Valve from scratch, and not using the Quake 3 engine as previously anticipated. An Xbox version is also mooted, especially as the Microsoft machine has similar features to the current nVidia chips and that Valve founders learned the market know-how at Microsoft.

Valve, as we announced last May in our E3 interview, is creating a brand new 3D engine for Team Fortress 2 - which we now believe to be the same for Half-Life 2, and rumour has it, for the next incarnation of Counter-Strike. It's well known in the industry that graphics card manufacturers like ATI and nVidia have routinely have access to highly-secretive software to aid developmnt and compatibility with their next-generation cards, making a leak from highly-placed sources reasonably likely as a source.

All going well, we can cross our fingers for a winter release, but don't count the chickens yet. A good place to start, to whet your appetite, is to head along here and read our interview with the Valve guys last year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just The Thought Of Half Life 2 Should Shake The Gaming World  ;D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

elneckio

Re:HALF-LIFE 2 FOR CHRISTMAS?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 10:52:18 AM »
Can't wait  ;D
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 11:27:46 AM »

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 11:52:02 AM »
Half Life was indeed an AWESOME game...and I can't wait for the second.

But the best FPS title belongs to:

<-------------

And most anticipated sequel to a game is Halo 2.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 11:53:10 AM by Xearo »

hector

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 11:14:12 AM »
Damn, thats gonna be great. It's amazing how many people still play half life considering how long its been out. Shits gonna be huge

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 09:38:07 AM »
Dunno about all that, but I hope it comes out soon! Ain't no game better than HL...

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 01:40:42 PM »
September 30th...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 02:43:46 PM »
Damn thing, DOOM THREE will come out soon too. so tha fuck shud 1 play if two top shooterz are out
and dont forget bout halo 2... shit's fucked up... 3 shooters... and graduate ? :/ lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 07:01:51 PM »
September 30 I tells ya!