Author Topic: Why doesn't Busta do this shit all the time!!  (Read 233 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Why doesn't Busta do this shit all the time!!
« on: April 26, 2003, 07:40:54 AM »
I have recently been trying to get into Busta Rhymes, but I am finding it really difficult with any of his albums since leaving the Leaders of the New School which I have heard. Every album has really disjointed beats with Busta actually going off beat more than he stays on beat. There was a period when I though he was going back to proper hiphop, when he did extremely dope tracks on both Mos Def's and Pharoahe Monch's albums, and then appeared on the remix to Ante Up by MOP. He sounds so much more dope on these types of track than he does on all that wack experimental shit that he does 99% of the time. I like his verse on the Hail Mary diss to Ja Rule, but I really am wondering why he doesn't do more real hiphop sounding stuff cause for me certainly it is much doper than most of the stuff that he is doing at the moment.

mauzip

Re:Why doesn't Busta do this shit all the time!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 08:19:11 AM »
i don't feel busta on his albums either. he has some dope ass songs (like break your neck) and some dope guest appareances. no, i don't really fell his albums, but he's one of the best rappers out there at the moment.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 10:25:11 AM »
i don't feel busta on his albums either. he has some dope ass songs (like break your neck) and some dope guest appareances. no, i don't really fell his albums, but he's one of the best rappers out there at the moment.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 11:34:39 AM »
i've always like busta on his albums atmitadly i didn't buy anarchy but i got all his others, but i can see y others may not.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 12:26:06 PM »
I think bustas bored with rap.  He's got missy elliott syndrome.  They think rap is boring, everything's been done, so they do weird crap just because it's different, and hasn't been done before.  

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 12:39:04 PM »
The problem is that they think that just because what they are doing is different that it automatically must be dope, and most of the time it isn't. Just because something is different doesn't necessarily mean that it is better than what went before it and this is definately the case with these artists.

Jome

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 10:08:43 PM »
I have recently been trying to get into Busta Rhymes, but I am finding it really difficult with any of his albums since leaving the Leaders of the New School which I have heard. Every album has really disjointed beats with Busta actually going off beat more than he stays on beat. There was a period when I though he was going back to proper hiphop, when he did extremely dope tracks on both Mos Def's and Pharoahe Monch's albums, and then appeared on the remix to Ante Up by MOP. He sounds so much more dope on these types of track than he does on all that wack experimental shit that he does 99% of the time. I like his verse on the Hail Mary diss to Ja Rule, but I really am wondering why he doesn't do more real hiphop sounding stuff cause for me certainly it is much doper than most of the stuff that he is doing at the moment.

Exactly...
If he could have put tracks like "Call the Ambulance remix feat. MOP & Rah Digga" on the album instead of 99% filler, it would have been all gravy.
Just by looking at the guests & producers on his previous album, you know something aint right.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 02:14:53 AM »
i still like most of his albums.. but it could definatly be betta, no doubt...

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 04:45:58 PM »
I'd say that Busta doesn't do it because unlike most rappers I don't think hes in it fort he money...He does it all for fun which is different from everyone else...thats just in my opinion though