Author Topic: 213 album news from PRMag  (Read 988 times)

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
213 album news from PRMag
« on: May 01, 2003, 02:11:47 AM »
Got some news on 213 album, which if U didnt know is Snoop, Warren G & Nate Dogg. Guests so far are goin to be from jay z, jermaine dupri, pharell from neptunes, ludacris, fabolous. production by Neptunes, just blaze, timbaland.

So a very Eastcoast influence . Album is expected in stores late summer/early fall.

Source: PlanetRock Mag

(i expect some westcoast cats too maybe cube?)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 02:13:28 AM by JoshG »

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:213 album news from PRMag
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 04:26:20 AM »
This can't be true!!!That's absolutely terrible! ??? :o :-[ :-\ :-X :'(
~How can they do that?????I hope this is only a rumour and not real!
I want DPG/Doggystyle line-up!I repeat,this can't be true!
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 04:48:09 AM »
oh my fucking god... *shakes head*...neptunes, timabaland on a fucking 213 album? this cannot be true...fabolous, jay-z? man wtf is this bullshit...i'll bet it was snoop's idea to put all these muthafuckas on this album...i can't believe this shit. all these westcoast rappers need to stop riding on eastcoast rappers dicks...muthafuckas will do anything to sell some records...this is just fucking pathetic.

a 213 album should be a str8 up westcoast album..not some eastcoast bullshit...wtf is wrong with some of these rappers these days?...

just by lookin at the featured artists and the rappers...its pretty obvious that they are making this album only for MONEY...nothin else...they don't even care bout the westcoast...if this shit is true, then i lost alot of respect for snoop...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 04:59:54 AM by LaZ1e »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 05:06:05 AM »
wait for this to get confirmed.. i refuse to believe this lol
+ the guests i had heard about were VERY different.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 05:06:27 AM by Nimagic »

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 05:08:35 AM »
wait for this to get confirmed.. i refuse to believe this lol
+ the guests i had heard about were VERY different.

ey nima, can u list at least few of the artists that was mentioned? any westcoast artists? there has to be at least some on a fucking 213 album...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 05:08:54 AM by LaZ1e »

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 05:11:03 AM »
What this article forgot to mention is that the album will also feature some very prominent west coast names such as Westside Connect,The original dogg pound,Soopafly, and Dr Dre and DJ Quik and others.Of all the names above the only that I had heard previously attached to this project was Fabulous.But the release date attached to this seems authentic,I heard the same thing from inside the camp.Look for the record company distributing this project to give 213 a good push,its a quality outfit

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 05:19:01 AM »
Its legit

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 05:52:21 AM »
What this article forgot to mention is that the album will also feature some very prominent west coast names such as Westside Connect,The original dogg pound,Soopafly, and Dr Dre and DJ Quik and others.Of all the names above the only that I had heard previously attached to this project was Fabulous.But the release date attached to this seems authentic,I heard the same thing from inside the camp.Look for the record company distributing this project to give 213 a good push,its a quality outfit
^^ that's what i'm sayin

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 07:01:43 AM »
1st Single will be 213 feat Jermaine dupri & Fabolous  ;)

Thats what someone posted on So So Def's message board. Remember Snoop, Warren G and Nate Dogg have all worked with Dupri singly

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 07:02:48 AM »
wtf JD will not be on the album !!!!!

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 07:57:15 AM »
1st Single will be 213 feat Jermaine dupri & Fabolous  ;)

Thats what someone posted on So So Def's message board. Remember Snoop, Warren G and Nate Dogg have all worked with Dupri singly

that single is gonna be fucking wack.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2003, 08:02:17 AM »
I bet it was Nate's idea to get Fabolous and JD.....I said it about the tracklist of his upcoming album,he's gone completely commercial. Sometimes I'd really like these artists to look at what we're saying on this forum,it might influence them to make a real westcoastalbum. I expected to see eastcoast on this one but this is beyond my nightmares......luckily it'll have a lot of westcoast too.I hope they'll get some good ol' RBX,Kokane and Lady of Rage on this one as well or I will be real pissed if none of these get on the album.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2003, 08:17:16 AM »
Its funny how people are saying all this negative shit about the 213 album when it's release date hasnt even been confirmed yet.  No matter what people say, yall know this album is gona be fucking amazing...People be hating on a JayZ appearance??? Whats wrong with JayZ?  Hov's been making fucking dope music and putting it down better than Snoop and anyone else so what, you think they wont make a dope track w JayZ?  Personally, I cant wait to hear Snoop and Nate and Warren rip some shit over Just Blaze and Timbaland and The Neptunes.  That shit woulld be off the hook.  And you know Warren , Quick , Fredwreck ect will all produce tracks featuring some great westcoast acts as well.  I bet Dre will even get down on this one, and IMO they gona make a classic album.  Right now I think yall should stop the hate and let it marinate. ;)

SikksTrey

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2003, 08:21:24 AM »
Wtf, Warren should produce the whole album.... Would be nice with some Quik on there tho'.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

eastcoasta

• 'G'
  • If The Bitch Cant Swim Shes Bound To Drizown....
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2003, 08:54:07 AM »
well im not really a fan of timberland.... but everything the neptunes touch turn to fire..... so i deffinitly want to see them workin on an album with this type of potential