Author Topic: I bought 50 Cent's "The New Breed" DVD today  (Read 207 times)

KVB

I bought 50 Cent's "The New Breed" DVD today
« on: May 03, 2003, 02:28:04 PM »
This DVD is about three weeks old so I gather all you 50 fans are aware of it by now, anyway this is a dope DVD and for those of you who don't have it and/or are planning to buy it I thought I'd share my opinion on it...

The main feature is a 50 Cent documentary. 50 talks about everything from when he started rapping to the record labels he's been through to when he met Em/Dre... he even explains in detail how he got shot. And there's a interview with Tony Yayo from behind bars. It's about 25 min. long, not too exciting though.

There's music videos + bonus footage for Wanksta & In Da Club (great) and two videos for "Heat". In the regular version 50 is kind of a character in a video game in which you'll see a lot of driveby-shootings and shit like the song describes. It's entertaining to see him rap in front of PS2-like 3D-animated backgrounds with all kinds of violence around going on around him... great stuff.

The "uncensored" version, however, is awesome... briefly summed up, it starts with 50 chillin' in the hood, and recieving a phone call about one of his enemies who apparently had been spotted on the block. His crew captures him and drags him into a backyard, and then 50 starts rapping while his crew is handing out a good beating to dude in the background... more drama ensues. With flashing handguns and all, this one is gangsta :o , and the highlight of this DVD.

Then there's great footage from a Detroit show... it just shows 50 ripping shit up for 6 songs with Em/Obie/D12 and the whole family, the rendition of "Patiently Waiting" is particularly brilliant. The real highlight here though is Bizarre walking around stage with his shirt off, this is fuckin hilarious... overall great stuff.

And finally there's some bonus perfomances of In Da Club, Wanksta and Round Here with 50 and Tony Yayo from AOL sessions, and a 8 Mile DVD trailer. More good stuff.

Overall this is a great DVD, jam-packed with content, has def. good value for money. All 50 Cent fans should own this one, also if you're a fan of Shady/Aftermath you should cop it... Dunno if this old news already, but seeing as this DVD is relatively new I thought I'd share my two (50) cents... Peeace.

Jome

Re:I bought 50 Cent's "The New Breed" DVD today
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 08:23:46 PM »
So you're a 50-fan now huh ?  ;D
Where did you buy it btw, and what was the price ??

KVB

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 01:47:01 AM »

I'm not 50's biggest fan but I couldn't resist buying it... too many dope features plus it was cheap. Only 198 ,- at Platekompanet.

You should head over there  ;) - at the moment they have 25 % off all rap artists' back catalogue... you could pick up some gems for a giveaway price. Just thought I'd mention it.... One.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 04:41:34 PM »

I'm not 50's biggest fan but I couldn't resist buying it... too many dope features plus it was cheap. Only 198 ,- at Platekompanet.

You should head over there  ;) - at the moment they have 25 % off all rap artists' back catalogue... you could pick up some gems for a giveaway price. Just thought I'd mention it.... One.

:o

I'm there tomorrow.. thx  ;D

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 05:35:53 PM »
Its pretty good...I payed 10.99 for mine when it came out at Best Buy