Author Topic: Xzibit - Symphony In X Major (Music Video)  (Read 2713 times)

Okka

Xzibit - Symphony In X Major (Music Video)
« on: January 05, 2019, 08:46:39 AM »

Anybody know why Dr. Dre wasn't in this music video?

Sccit

Re: Xzibit - Symphony In X Major (Music Video)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
yo i never even knew they did a video to this shit .. that’s crazy. looks like it had a big budget too.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 09:16:25 AM »
yo i never even knew they did a video to this shit .. that’s crazy. looks like it had a big budget too.

If i remember right, it didn't really get that much play on MTV back when it came out.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 09:40:50 AM »

If i remember right, it didn't really get that much play on MTV back when it came out.

song is dope but i can see why it didn’t catch on

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:50:01 AM »

neva seen it on tv.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

jaytee

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 02:16:18 AM »

I remember seeing it on TV, which was probably on BET or MTV Jams.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 04:30:21 AM »

neva seen it on tv.

I saw it on MTV once or twice. I still remember being disappointed 'cause Dre wasn't in the video.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »

neva seen it on tv.

I saw it on MTV once or twice. I still remember being disappointed 'cause Dre wasn't in the video.

Yeah this whole album always frustrated me.  It was so close to being another classic for Xzibit wasn’t a fully realized project.  It’s like everyone involved with it didn’t see it all the way through.  How the fuck is Dre supposedly the executive producer of the album and can’t even show up for the video?  Why was the stellar Premier track on some unnecessary bonus disc? 

The album itself is stellar 2/3’s of the way through with bangers feat. All-Star cast of Dre, Eminem, Nate Dogg, Snoop.  Then the last 3rd of the album is dog shit and damn near unlistenable.  Some of it almost sounded overproduced like the Bink and Rick Rock tracks there is way too much going on. 

It’s a damn shame—it’s like Xzibit fell off during the making of the album just before it’s completion and he didn’t really come back until Napalm.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »

neva seen it on tv.

Yeah this whole album always frustrated me.  It was so close to being another classic for Xzibit wasn’t a fully realized project.  It’s like everyone involved with it didn’t see it all the way through.  How the fuck is Dre supposedly the executive producer of the album and can’t even show up for the video?  Why was the stellar Premier track on some unnecessary bonus disc? 

The album itself is stellar 2/3’s of the way through with bangers feat. All-Star cast of Dre, Eminem, Nate Dogg, Snoop.  Then the last 3rd of the album is dog shit and damn near unlistenable.  Some of it almost sounded overproduced like the Bink and Rick Rock tracks there is way too much going on. 

It’s a damn shame—it’s like Xzibit fell off during the making of the album just before it’s completion and he didn’t really come back until Napalm.

u talkin bout “the gambler” .. that was actually a dope joint. i agree that the premo track shoulda made the cut tho. coulda replaced the last track wit that 1.

Okka

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 05:38:48 AM »
I never liked "Heart Of A Man", "Harder", "The Gambler, "Missin U", "Right On" or "Enemies".

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 06:42:35 AM »
I never liked "Heart Of A Man", "Harder", "The Gambler, "Missin U", "Right On" or "Enemies".

Agreed.  All those tracks are unlistenable with the exception of “Heartz of Man” from the first half of the album—of course it was heavily aided by the sample.

“Release Date” was a cold ass cut
The Em feat was a banger
Dre feat was a banger. 
Snoop joint was dope
Ras joint was okay

they should’ve gone the Illmatic or G Funk era route and kept it to a tidy 10 cutsAs I said there was some quality cuts they just didn’t see it all the way through
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:44:07 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Okka

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 07:39:25 AM »
Did the Erick Sermon remix of "Multiply" ever leak? I know it was released on Vinyl, but i still haven't heard it. I got the Just Blaze one though.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 06:03:58 AM »

Agreed.  All those tracks are unlistenable with the exception of “Heartz of Man” from the first half of the album—of course it was heavily aided by the sample.

The Em feat was a banger
Dre feat was a banger. 
Snoop joint was dope
Ras joint was okay

they should’ve gone the Illmatic or G Funk era route and kept it to a tidy 10 cutsAs I said there was some quality cuts they just didn’t see it all the way through

I agree too much filler kept this album from being classic

shame because the dope cuts were really fire

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
Did the Erick Sermon remix of "Multiply" ever leak? I know it was released on Vinyl, but i still haven't heard it. I got the Just Blaze one though.

never heard this but hope some1 got it

k1000

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »

The Em feat was a banger
Dre feat was a banger. 
Snoop joint was dope
Ras joint was okay

I agree too much filler kept this album from being classic

shame because the dope cuts were really fire

true. But this "Symphony" song is also very bad. Singers singing the chorus are hardly in tune and the beat Rick Rock laced is too fancy.