Author Topic: How about this concert  (Read 157 times)

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How about this concert
« on: May 07, 2003, 10:58:53 PM »
Rock the Mic:Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Sean Paul, Fabolous

coming to a city near you www.ticketmaster.com

Trauma-san

Re:How about this concert
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 11:00:41 PM »
Snoop's comin' to town next month with the Chili Peppers.  IM THERE BABY!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo I've had the tickets for a month now.  

Big BpG

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 11:03:01 PM »
well,

all i can say, I just saw the chili peppers in concert last friday... they didn't perform to my expectations, oh, and snoop didn't show

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 11:16:53 PM »
^ Don't listen to him yall, he's trippin :)  I've seen both of em live and they rock, WHOOOO!!!

Sucks snoop no showed, though.  He cares more about me, though, so he'll be there... I'll send you pictures of us, brother!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Jankiest

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 11:23:01 PM »
well,

all i can say, I just saw the chili peppers in concert last friday... they didn't perform to my expectations, oh, and snoop didn't show

-Blue

yeah when i saw them live i wasn't too impressed

but it is pretty well known that they don't perform live very well. I've even seen a documentary about why they suck so bad live

all them sucka ass niggaz can eat a fat dick

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 11:35:22 PM »
A documentary about why they don't perform well live? Man, whoever shot that must have had a TON of time on their hands....

Honestly, I saw them live a few years back, it was a great concert, I can't imagine anybody not liking it, everybody that went with me had a blast.  I've got a friend who caught them in australia, and she said they rocked there too.  

Peace~

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 01:24:41 AM »
well, i went cause my g/f is a huge chili peppers fan... I'm not... but I'm quite familiar with their music... I really wanted to hear them play "under the bridge" that song is one of my all time favortie songs....period.....

and guess what....

they didn't play it...

it's like snoop and dre having a concert and not performing nuthin but a g thang

under the bridge put the chili peppers on the map...sure, they've been around since the mid 1980's, but their careers sky rocketed with under the bridge and give it away now...

i wasn't happy when I left, it was the one song I really wanted to hear, plus they just seemed energy-less on stage. Even little flea was just moping around

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 03:08:58 PM »
The concert here in Cleveland has this lineup - 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Snoop, Fabolous and Bonecrusher...sometime in mid-July...

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 03:57:53 PM »
Blue, you're my dog and all, but sorry, just because they didn't play their most commercial song isn't gonna get me mad at em.

when I went, they were there with the foo fighters.  when the foo fighters opened, the drummer for the chili peppers came out with the foo's drummer, and they were both playign the same set of drums, dave grohl came over and played on the other side of the drums, so all 3 drummers were going off on this bad-ass solo.

When the peppers got on stage, their first song was Californication, then they busted into give it away (their best song!) as the second song! They didn't even save their good stuff for the end of the show.  They played under the bridge, soul to squeeze, pretty much everything good, everybody was really into it, awesome concert; probably the 3rd or 4th best I've ever been to, and I've been to dozens.  

Peace~

West C. Connected

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 06:20:55 PM »
Missy, Clipse 'n Busta are coming too, but not at every show, though..

I got my ticket for the Anger Management tour..
Cypress Hill, 50 Cent, Xzibit, all them motherfuckers gon' be there..
Fucked up I missed Nas here, though, but I found out only a few days before, so I probaly couldn't get a ticket, and I didn't feel like goin' alone to a concert anyway. Yeah, my friends like Nas, but not enough to waste 40 bucks on a ticket..