Author Topic: Money Hungry Entertainment Announces Distribution Deal With Navarre Corporation  (Read 50 times)

LMD1510

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!

Money Hungry Entertainment Announces Distribution Deal With Navarre Corporation

San Diego, CA – May 9, 2003 – Money Hungry Entertainment has teamed up with Navarre Corporation (Nasdaq: NAVR), a leading distributor and publisher of a broad range of home entertainment and multimedia software products, for an exclusive 3 year distribution agreement.  Navarre Corporation is best known in urban music circles as being the home to Riviera/D3 Entertainment (Insane Clown Posse, C-Murder, and Ol’ Dirty Bastard) as well as their latest additions 40 Ounce Records (N2DEEP, Frost), and West Coast Mafia Entertainment (C-Bo, Killa Tay).

Based in San Diego, California, Money Hungry Entertainment has been a leader in the West Coast independent music scene for the past two years.  Money Hungry Entertainment senior management includes Co-C.E.O.’s Tawana McDonald and Ira Woods, better known as I-Rocc, Executive Consultant Brandon C. Rodegeb, better known as B-12 and Marketing Coordinator Lisa Donahue.  

Although I-Rocc’s musical career only began three short years ago, he has become a well known name and face within industry circles from his several compilations he released and many appearances, most notably Luni Coleone & I-Rocc presents How The West Was Won and Messy Marv & I-Rocc – Turf Thuggin’ which sold over 50,000 units combined.

In addition to their catalog of 4 titles including albums from Luni Coleone, Money Hungry Entertainment has planned an aggressive release schedule for 2003 including a new album from and the re-issue of all of Luni Coleone’s catalog as well as albums from Ecay Uno, Silas a.k.a. Smigg Dirtee, Hafway House, Syko, and I-Rocc himself.  In addition to all of their audio product Money Hungry Entertainment has expanded into the film genre and created Movie Hungry Films and will release several direct-to-video DVD’s this year including How The West Was Won, West Coast Gangsta, and Latin Dynasty.  You can find out more online @ www.moneyhungryent.com .

Navarre Corporation’s major business groups are: Navarre Distribution Services, which distributes quality consumer software, video games, major label music and DVD and VHS video to a broad base of retailers nationwide; Navarre Entertainment Media, distributes proprietary, independent music and DVD in the United States and Canada; Encore Software, the company’s majority-owned subsidiary which is a leading interactive publisher in the videogame and PC CD-ROM markets. The company operates a "business to business" Internet E-Commerce web site www.navarre.com.