Author Topic: Mister America's Arcade  (Read 172 times)

Trauma-san

Mister America's Arcade
« on: May 12, 2003, 06:21:58 PM »
Do any of you fine Americans... or hell, anybody in the world, I guess (just please, no pictures of people being brutalized like they show on cnn happening in other countries)... do any of you folks have any arcade games?

In my day job mister america works a route, and owns several machines in his home.  Here's some pictures, but they're not my actual games, just similar pictures.

This is breakout, from 1976.  I love it, it's the old game where you hit the ball back and forth with the paddle and it knocks the top blocks out. I bought it at an auction for 40 bucks and fixed it, believe it or not it gets played more than any of my others.  Women dig it.  

This is a playchoice 10, it's basically an arcade version of a nintendo.  Mine's grey, however.  I bought it for 80 bucks, and converted it into a playchoice, it ended up costing about 250 total.  I've got Super Mario Bros 2, Gauntlet, Fester's Quest, Baseball, Pro Wrestling, Kung Fu, Double Dragon, Rygar, Rolling Thunder, R.C. Pro Am, and Double Dribble for it.  This thing is FUN... you can put 10 games at once in it, then pick them.  I'm looking for some, so if anybody's got any playchoice 10 games, let me know.

This is Bump N' Jump, it's this little game where you've got a little car, and you try and land on top of other cars, or bump them off the highway.  I'm diggin it tha most (well not really, but as an expression, you know, I've got that hip lingo, brother).

This is Sega Turbo, it's one of the first driving arcade games, you probably remember seeing one somewhere.  My brother really likes it, so I bought one at an auction.

This is a scramble cabinet, I've got one, but it's been painted black :(  I've got the game "Lost tomb" in it, it's a fun game where you fight your way through this south american pyramid.  

Last but not least, I have a dragon's lair cabinet.  I tried putting mortal Kombat II into it, but the control panel wasn't big enough, i dunno what I was thinking.  It's pretty valuable, because they're rare, and I'll eventually turn it back into a dragon's lair...

pappy

Re:Mister America's Arcade
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 06:35:22 PM »
ms pac man kicks ass,  i used to cut 2nd period every other day,  cuz every other day i had study hall first so i jus slept late but when i cut class i would go to the laundry mat an play ms pac man

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 07:02:49 PM »
And why don't you any more? Damn you, you're losing everything fun about you...

Yea, I want a ms. pac bad.  That's like the granddaddy, everybody and their brother has one, but dont' let em fool ya, that game is the greatest.  I want Ms. Pac, Centipede, Dig Dug, and Galaga.  Then, I can die happy.  Missle command would be nice, too.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 07:39:35 PM »
Turtles in Time was a good arcade game i used to go to King Leos pizza all the time to play itwith my friends....i was always mikey and we tore shit up

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 09:31:26 PM »
My brother wants to get turtles in a dedicated 4 player cabinet, but we want the original one.. we were gonna buy one at an auction but they ended up paying like 300 bucks for it so they could hack the cabinet into something else, and paint over the art... pissed me off.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 11:18:50 PM »
i might be able to help you out a lil'

at a pon shop downtown here in bako they got a ninja turtles game (don't know which one) but when i went there to find a new guitar chord i saw it there

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2003, 09:41:26 AM »
Shinobi was one of mah all time arcade classics
top game

:)