Author Topic: Skillz - "I Ain't Mad No More" track by track breakdown inside...  (Read 112 times)

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Will this same version of I Ain't Mad No More actually grace our ears this summer?  There's a Timbaland joint missing off the top of my head... but with Rawkus, who's to say...  

1. On The Good Foot (Intro)
2. S.K.I.L.L.Z.
3. Wave Your Handz ft. Musiq
4. Imagine
5. PA To VA ft. Pretty Ugly
6. Only Get One ft. Aaries
7. Skillz Vs. Shaquwan
8. Suzie Q ft. Cee-Lo, Pharrell, Jazze Pha
9. Y'all See Me ft. Pretty Willie
10. Crew Deep
11. Show Love
12. Ambition
13. It's Like That ft. Danjamowf
14. Blow

On The Good Foot starts things off well.. funky beat and Skillz kicks some lines that are both true and funny...

S.K.I.L.L.Z. has a synth heavy feel... The hook is going to be stuck in my head... but i still think a scratch based hook would've given the song a more vicious vibe... it gets the job done though.  Skillz rips it pretty well.

Wave Your Hands has a fast tempo feel... another funk-heavy beat... I like this track a lot... showcases Skillz ability to ride a beat and Musiq fits it pretty well... nice party joint

Imagine has already recieved a lot of kudos on this site, and rightfully so... a nice departure from Skillz usual braggadocio style... great story laid out perfectly.  Hook is perfect... I like the ending too.

PA To VA Pretty Ugly sets this one off... beat feels a lot rougher than the album thusfar... Still bottom-heavy but more rugged.  They go back and forth a bit which is dope...hook is kinda ehhh... but the song is dope.

Only Get One soulful track that blossoms from a simple piano/drum combo into a full-range beauty... Skillz drops a beautiful track about his mother, nuff said.

Skillz vs. Shaquwan haha... Ghostwriter playing in the backround at the start... i just found this whole track hilarious...

Suzie Q i liked this when i heard the snippets way back when... and the full version is even more of a banger... the drums just pound... great keys and hook compliment Skillz perfectly.

Y'all See Me the hook doesn't endear itself to me at all... this song would've been a lot better with something different there and without Pretty Willie altogether... shame because i like the beat and Skillz on it...

Crew Deep  this would've made a good first single... too bad Rawkus is a bunch of idiots.  Still an enjoyable joint... not Skillz best mic performance but not bad

Show Love beat is dope... Skillz comes off on it too.  I can see them remixing this into a single, because there's some elements there...

Ambition interlude...

It's Like That beat is pretty good... the uptempo nature of the LP really suits Skillz... Danja pops up here, which is dope.  Shame that Superfriendz album was so generic sounding... It needed some joints like this

Blow some single potential here too... i like the feel of this joint.. beat is simple and has a real 80s feel... im sure its something that's been used multiple times because its giving me huge deja vu... they'd have to switch the hook to make it a single though... hook is kinda weak... but the song is fresh.  

all in all i really like this album... wasn't sure i would given how bad Superfriendz was... i was basically expecting an album of poorly done pseudo-timbo/neptunes beats, but this was a pleasant suprise... production was almost always good and interesting... and Skillz was dope from end to end, only a few bad hooks hold it back in my eyes...

4/5 ;D

you can catch this in #xmp3 on efnet.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:Skillz - "I Ain't Mad No More" track by track breakdown inside...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 07:48:05 AM »
shit is ill. stop sleeping.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris