Author Topic: MOUNT WESTMORE - BAD MFS/SNOOP CUBE 40 SHORT (Official Discussion)  (Read 35121 times)

astra4322

Re: MOUNT WESTMORE - BAD MFS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2022, 11:57:23 PM »

midwestryder

« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2022, 02:13:43 AM »
Cube, Ren, Ice-T and Too Short... GREATER THAN Cube, E40, Snoop, Too Short!

Ren and Ice-T vs Snoop and E40 - Real legends vs busters!
nope ice Cube,  too $hort, E-40, and snoop are greater than ice Cube, mc ten, Ice-t and too $hort . Mt westmore has to 2 from LA and 2 from the bay... snoop Dogg and E-40 are in fact real legends like ice t and MC ren by fact not a buster like you.  E-40 is real west coast legend and pioneer.  It shows you don't know west coast Hip-Hop 

Safe+Sound

« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2022, 06:31:15 AM »
From the E-40 interview:

“First of all, I want to say this. I know there’s a lot of upset, die-hard fans of Mount Westmore…We released an album, NFT, you know, for the NFT space. But trust me, all platforms will get the album, plus more. Songs you’ve never heard, the whole woop-wap, so stay tuned we’re working on it right now. We just wanted to try the NFT space out. It wasn’t for no money, we all got money. It wasn’t about that. It’s a new world, you gotta turn with the times before the times turn on you.”

So the argument that some used to try and defend this ridiculous move about letting artists "get their money" just took a second hit. The first is the fact that album hardly sold on Gala. But the second is the admission that they're all financially secure (which is obvious) and released the album as an NFT without the intention of making money, but merely for their own personal amusement. The only thing they've managed to prove here is that when it comes to stupid, there are levels to this shit.

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

Sccit

« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2022, 07:31:42 AM »
From the E-40 interview:

“First of all, I want to say this. I know there’s a lot of upset, die-hard fans of Mount Westmore…We released an album, NFT, you know, for the NFT space. But trust me, all platforms will get the album, plus more. Songs you’ve never heard, the whole woop-wap, so stay tuned we’re working on it right now. We just wanted to try the NFT space out. It wasn’t for no money, we all got money. It wasn’t about that. It’s a new world, you gotta turn with the times before the times turn on you.”

So the argument that some used to try and defend this ridiculous move about letting artists "get their money" just took a second hit. The first is the fact that album hardly sold on Gala. But the second is the admission that they're all financially secure (which is obvious) and released the album as an NFT without the intention of making money, but merely for their own personal amusement. The only thing they've managed to prove here is that when it comes to stupid, there are levels to this shit.

lmfao @ believing that they aren’t doing it for money

:dead:

Safe+Sound

« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2022, 08:15:34 AM »

lmfao @ believing that they aren’t doing it for money

:dead:

Does it really matter? The album is sitting on Gala largely unsold. So even if that was their motivation and he's lying about it, it's just as dumb as doing it for their own amusement. What E-40 said is what I'm using to make the argument - not the truth value of it.

Sccit

« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2022, 08:37:46 AM »
Does it really matter? The album is sitting on Gala largely unsold. So even if that was their motivation and he's lying about it, it's just as dumb as doing it for their own amusement. What E-40 said is what I'm using to make the argument - not the truth value of it.

so their idea flopped

they still made more money than if they woulda released it on streaming

:ohwell:

Safe+Sound

« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2022, 10:38:04 AM »
so their idea flopped

they still made more money than if they woulda released it on streaming

:ohwell:

Ok so your point in all this is to stand by the fact that they made a small amount of money on Gala that's really inconsequential? Sure ok - you win? But my point isn't focused on penny pinching; it's a little larger in scope. It has to do with morality, virtue ethics, and a piss poor understanding of modern business if you're paying any attention.

Anyone can create a landing page on the fly and sell their product direct. The album doesn't have to be on streaming platforms. It can be on a mock-up page available to download 24/7 in a price range from say $10 - $20 in a variety of formats that range from CDQ to Hi-Res. Simple. An incomplete web-based music platform that sells a dead format for a small fortune isn't the only option besides streaming platforms. This really doesn't need to be spelled out.

Sccit

« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2022, 12:30:55 PM »
Ok so your point in all this is to stand by the fact that they made a small amount of money on Gala that's really inconsequential? Sure ok - you win? But my point isn't focused on penny pinching; it's a little larger in scope. It has to do with morality, virtue ethics, and a piss poor understanding of modern business if you're paying any attention.

Anyone can create a landing page on the fly and sell their product direct. The album doesn't have to be on streaming platforms. It can be on a mock-up page available to download 24/7 in a price range from say $10 - $20 in a variety of formats that range from CDQ to Hi-Res. Simple. An incomplete web-based music platform that sells a dead format for a small fortune isn't the only option besides streaming platforms. This really doesn't need to be spelled out.

win what? i didn’t realize we were competing for something..

they tried to make money via nft.. it didn’t work, so that’s that. when it’s released via streaming in a couple weeks nobody will care or remember .. besides maybe a few petty folks who feel like they’re owed something such as yourself

kicking and screaming like a petulant child when you don’t get your way isn’t going to change a thing .. i would actually agree with you that they were being greedy if they kept it nft forever. but now that, thank science, they said it’s coming to streaming soon and you’re still over here crying makes you sound like the greedy one. what a turn of events.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2022, 01:25:11 PM »

win what? i didn’t realize we were competing for something..

they tried to make money via nft.. it didn’t work, so that’s that. when it’s released via streaming in a couple weeks nobody will care or remember .. besides maybe a few petty folks who feel like they’re owed something such as yourself

kicking and screaming like a petulant child when you don’t get your way isn’t going to change a thing .. i would actually agree with you that they were being greedy if they kept it nft forever. but now that, thank science, they said it’s coming to streaming soon and you’re still over here crying makes you sound like the greedy one. what a turn of events.

I haven't seen anyone talk out of their ass this much since Ace Ventura  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »

I haven't seen anyone talk out of their ass this much since Ace Ventura  ;D

facts only

stop cryin n take what u get

don’t none of these artists owe u a cotdamn thang

:shittedon:

The following users thanked this post: geezy

astra4322

« Reply #445 on: June 28, 2022, 12:10:32 AM »
The most improtant question for me now is when we will be able to stream it in good quality.

Matty

« Reply #446 on: June 28, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »
NFTs are the future :laugh:

The following users thanked this post: Funkstradamus

Sccit

« Reply #447 on: June 28, 2022, 09:59:22 AM »

805Cyclone

« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2022, 05:20:01 PM »
NFT = No Fucken Thanks

The following users thanked this post: Funkstradamus, Okka, Hellquist

OldSkool

« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2022, 10:43:36 AM »
nope ice Cube,  too $hort, E-40, and snoop are greater than ice Cube, mc ten, Ice-t and too $hort . Mt westmore has to 2 from LA and 2 from the bay... snoop Dogg and E-40 are in fact real legends like ice t and MC ren by fact not a buster like you.  E-40 is real west coast legend and pioneer.  It shows you don't know west coast Hip-Hop

It shows I don't like modern day Snoop and don't like E40's flow... and I'm not alone in that... shows that Biggie and Dre have f'g with E40!! and old Snoop on a Dre beat was superior to whatever the f Snoop is now...