Author Topic: MOUNT WESTMORE - BAD MFS/SNOOP CUBE 40 SHORT (Official Discussion)  (Read 35408 times)

Sccit

Re: MOUNT WESTMORE - BAD MFS/SNOOP CUBE 40 SHORT (Official Discussion)
« Reply #615 on: December 14, 2022, 07:10:18 PM »
I’ll admit I was bumpin some pigeon John back in 2005-06. But not really recently

sure

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2022, 07:44:03 PM »
sure

Go listen to some necro jerker

Sccit

The Predator

« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2022, 02:35:24 AM »
Financial Times - Mount Westmore: Snoop Cube 40 $hort review — rap supergroup offer lame lines and stuttering beats

----------------------------

LND Review -

Mount Westmore is a west coast supergroup consisting Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40 & Too $hort. Each member being veterans in their hometowns of Long Beach, Compton, Vallejo & Oakland respectively. We never heard all 4 of them on a track together until after they formed in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic & after releasing their full-length debut Bad MFs over the summer exclusively as an NFT, they’re finally putting it on streaming services 6 months later backed my MNRK Music Group & with some new cuts sprinkled into the mix.

“California” is a hyper opener produced by Rick Rock representing their home-state whereas the bouncy “Motto” lets everyone know what the maxim exactly is. “Big Subwoofer” blends hyphy with trap thanks to Kato dropping some braggadocio leading into “Too Big” pulling from snap music interestingly enough going back & forth with each other talking about just exactly how they prefer to do shit.

However with “Activated”, we have Mt. Westmore explaining that everything’s imitated rather than calculated over a g-funk instrumental just before “Have a Nice Day (Fuck You)” has a soulful boom bap quality provided by Fredwreck & Dem Jointz basically telling everyone to kiss their asses & I actually like the latter’s hook quite a bit although my only complaint is that the first verse he delivers was redundantly short. “Ghetto Gutter” brings back the hyphy courtesy of 40 Water’s son Droop-E with co-production from Ant Banks acknowledging that it’s how you come prior to the rubbery-synth-laced “Free Game” dropping precisely that.

“I Got Pull” returns to g-funk turf advising to ask your boss if you don’t know who they’re are while “Up & Down” comes through with my least favorite track on the album personally, as it happens to be an awkward ode to all the thick bitches out there. “Do My Best” picks things back up with a smoother ballad produced by Soopafly referring to themselves as champions while “Lace You Up” has a more peppy quality to the beat giving the listeners some advise.

Meanwhile with “Tribal”, all 4 of them talk about how it takes a village to raise the real ones over more hyphy production while the song “How Many” goes back to the g-funk spitting that gangsta shit. The penultimate track “On Camera” is an eerie trap cut feeling like that they’re being watched primarily because of how quick things tend to go around on social media these days & “Mash” is menacing closer getting quite mobbish.

I know some people were quick to write off the supergroup’s debut since it was initially released exclusively as an NFT back in June, but I knew they’d have to put it up on all streaming services at some point & I gotta admit that the material that we got out of it is pretty impressive. It’s interesting to hear how all 4 MCs’ unique deliveries mesh with one another & the production representing the state of California as a whole by blending g-funk with hyphy.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 02:42:49 AM by The Predator »

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Hiphopscanner.com

The following users thanked this post: The Predator

The Predator

« Reply #621 on: December 24, 2022, 06:11:12 AM »
Yew, there's something about 'Tribal'.

Really groovy and they spittin aggression, Cube kills at will.

Also Cube's son fav' song on the album, the boy got good taste.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 06:22:05 AM by The Predator »

Sccit

« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2022, 12:12:50 AM »
glad y’all feelin jellyroll production on this

he got some dope shit on rbx upcoming album xhibernator

Westdog

« Reply #623 on: December 25, 2022, 10:25:27 PM »
How many - dope cube's part
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

The following users thanked this post: phatj

D-TalkX

« Reply #624 on: December 30, 2022, 10:39:34 AM »
I keep listening to this album and it gets better every time. It's a fun ass album, very nostalgic. Haters gon hate but whatever, lots of this album slaps.For the most part it feels like an E40/Too Short Album with Cube and Snoop features but each emcee has track or two that they lead and shine one.

my opinion only

California - 4/5
Motto - 3/5
Big Subwoofer - 4/5
Too Big - 3/5
Activated - 5/5
Have A Nice Day - 5/5
Ghetto Gutter - 4/5
Free Game - 3/5
I Got Pull - 3/5
Up & Down - 3/5
Do My Best - 3.5/5
Lace You Up - 3.5/5
Tribal - 3/5
How Many - 4/5
On Camera - 5/5
Mash - 4/5

The following users thanked this post: geezy, Sccit

phatj

« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2022, 01:59:14 PM »
Beat kinda got that ole' school Cube feel.
How many - dope cube's part

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #626 on: January 02, 2023, 02:05:18 PM »
Cd version drops 01/20  8) 8)

Sccit

« Reply #627 on: January 02, 2023, 03:58:47 PM »
Cd version drops 01/20  8) 8)

the cd been out .. are they pressing the original album that dropped as nft?

romson19

RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

astra4322

« Reply #629 on: January 03, 2023, 12:02:04 AM »

the cd been out .. are they pressing the original album that dropped as nft?

No. Official streaming version.