Author Topic: Who sings the second verse on "Be Thankful"  (Read 710 times)

romson19

Who sings the second verse on "Be Thankful"
« on: December 24, 2021, 05:51:31 AM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Sccit

Re: Who sings the second verse on "Be Thankful"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 08:11:07 AM »
butch cassidy

romson19

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 09:22:16 AM »
butch cassidy
Nahhh that's not Butchy.... mos def not him
He sings third verse
I assume Sean Barney Thomas who produced that song...
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 10:39:33 AM »
Nahhh that's not Butchy.... mos def not him
He sings third verse
I assume Sean Barney Thomas who produced that song...

what part are u talking about .. type out the lyrics because the second verse sounds like butch, but i hear a diff vocalist towards the end of the first verse

killagee

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »
the voice is like Sean Barney Thomas

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Eddz

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 03:00:13 PM »

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2021, 04:04:29 PM »
Butch Cassidy was around Nate Dogg & Da Row around that time.
He also on "G-Funk Classics 1,2"
as
Danny "Butch" Means

https://www.discogs.com/artist/174238-Danny-Butch-Means

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 02:49:19 AM »
This is a classic.. I usually listen to it when I'm depressed in the holiday season to comfort me

(but this year it goes beyond depression.. I mean it's to the point where I wonder if they are just done with humans, just shut us down and inject us with microchips and turn us into robot slaves for Bill Gates and the World Economic Forum and be done with it already)

Interesting note this song was actually recorded at the time 2pac was dying they were in the studio following the news and recording for this Christmas album.  It's mentioned in an interview by either Nate or Butch (can't remember where exactly).  They have another great song together that is similar to this one from Nates solo debut "I Don't Wanna Hurt No More" and I feel like both were recorded amidst the sadness of 2pac dying.

I wasn't aware of another voice on the track i just thought it was Nate and Butch
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 06:06:48 AM »
This is a classic.. I usually listen to it when I'm depressed in the holiday season to comfort me

(but this year it goes beyond depression.. I mean it's to the point where I wonder if they are just done with humans, just shut us down and inject us with microchips and turn us into robot slaves for Bill Gates and the World Economic Forum and be done with it already)

Interesting note this song was actually recorded at the time 2pac was dying they were in the studio following the news and recording for this Christmas album.  It's mentioned in an interview by either Nate or Butch (can't remember where exactly).  They have another great song together that is similar to this one from Nates solo debut "I Don't Wanna Hurt No More" and I feel like both were recorded amidst the sadness of 2pac dying.

I wasn't aware of another voice on the track i just thought it was Nate and Butch

Is one of the best most beautiful & meaningful (Nate Dogg) Songs.

Real Music.

Why Wasn't Pac On Christmas Album?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »

Is one of the best most beautiful & meaningful (Nate Dogg) Songs.

Real Music.

Why Wasn't Pac On Christmas Album?

Recording sessions for the album had just started at the time Pac was killed.. but yeah would’ve been amazing to get some Christmas flavor from Pac for the album

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »
@romsom Goddamn, that's another one, heard this song so many times but never noticed it's obviously another singer singing the second verse
Barney is a good guess, could be him, unfortunatly I don't have enough reference tracks to compare

btw, this is one of the greatest songs by nate/butch, so many people have connected with their vibe & lyrics on this one
they had some killer combos back in the days
so bad, they had to go on their own ways to shine as individuals, because they were so great on their own
but just imagine what they could have done together  :o

The following users thanked this post: romson19

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
Recording sessions for the album had just started at the time Pac was killed.. but yeah would’ve been amazing to get some Christmas flavor from Pac for the album

DR still could throw some tracks there even if it wouldn't fit the concept though.

Fav Cuts off Xmas Album:

Guesss (2DV)-Christmas Everyday

"816"-On This Glorious Day

(Damon Thomas Group, later became "Talent" they sang on "2Pac-Changes)

J-Flexx x Sean Barney Rubble Thomas-Party 4 De Homies

O.F.T.B.-Xmas In The Ghetto

The Video:

6 Feet Deep, BGOTI & Guesss (2DV)

romson19

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2021, 11:17:11 PM »
@romsom Goddamn, that's another one, heard this song so many times but never noticed it's obviously another singer singing the second verse
Barney is a good guess, could be him, unfortunatly I don't have enough reference tracks to compare

btw, this is one of the greatest songs by nate/butch, so many people have connected with their vibe & lyrics on this one
they had some killer combos back in the days
so bad, they had to go on their own ways to shine as individuals, because they were so great on their own
but just imagine what they could have done together  :o
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1VulElkAkKtgjDvoeYTB0l?si=TvZMHeNDQvivCZPoK2Kp0g
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2021, 01:36:57 AM »
Can anybody answer why this album wasn't even Top 100 on the charts? 

This was released at the end of 96' when Death Row was still selling top of the charts with 7 Day Theory and Doggfather going multi-platinum.  Hell, I lived in the midwest and nearly everyone I knew had the Death Row Greatest Hits album but yet supposedly that album didn't even go gold??  Never understood that shit.  Gridlocked went top of the charts didn't it?

Only thing I can think of was that it was a limited release.  Like not distributed nationwide.  I didn't actually see the album in stores until summer 97' I bought it used.  But I do remember the Snoop video getting some airplay.  This should've been a huge Christmas hit and stocking stuffer.

Some confusing sales from the end of the year at Death Row; off the top of my head..

7 Day Theory - 3X Platinum
Doggfather - 2X Platinum
Gridlocked - 1X Platinum
Death Row Greatest Hits - not even gold??  (wtf)
Death Row Christmas - doesn't even chart top 100?  (wtf)

early 97'

Gang Related - gold

Summer 97'

Lady of Rage - maybe 100,000 sold??

Spring 98'

Daz - 300,000 sold  (not even gold, wtf??)

SOME CONFUSING SALES NUMBERS THERE FROM DEATH ROW.  I know they faded by 97' but like I said, 1996 they were on top and everyone I knew bought Death Row Greatest Hits at the end of 96' and that shit supposedly didn't go gold on a double album??

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2021, 02:18:06 AM »
Time to pay homage to the late great Nate Dogg on his new headstone (feb 2020) if you're in Long beach (just tell him he was indeed "the greatest/not to me matched" from my part since i'm that far away):
Great forgotten song by the way

https://www.presstelegram.com/2020/02/29/nate-dogg-receives-a-new-headstone-at-forest-lawn-cemetery-in-long-beach/

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !