Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14471 times)

Orbyte

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2022, 03:44:51 AM »
It's cool.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2022, 04:15:27 AM »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2022, 05:49:24 AM »
It's a solid effort. Would have been more complete if some of the tracks featured the crew, like "Outside The Box" it's coxxuld have been a great DPG track.. Overall good effort

PLANT

« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2022, 06:21:49 AM »
It's a solid effort. Would have been more complete if some of the tracks featured the crew, like "Outside The Box" it's coxxuld have been a great DPG track.. Overall good effort
Agree that “outside the box” and “coming back” have that perfect DPG vibe that would have worked for a posse cut with Daz, Kurupt, Warren G etc. 

Personally there’s 3 tracks I would have left off this album
Pop Pop
We don’t gotta worry no more
Get this dick

Otherwise the album is a solid effort and definitely Snoops best work in a long time. 
I’d give the album  7.25/10

The Predator

Re: SNOOP DOGG - B.O.D.R (New Album 2/13)
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2022, 06:53:49 AM »
Where the 'Pump, Pump' remix @, was recorded for something else?

Safe+Sound

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2022, 07:12:33 AM »
Yeah, I'd give it a high 7/10. I like 12/18 songs and that's an album so pretty solid. Again, songs should've been longer with more verses and included some original inmates but I'm buying it.

I'm surprised he couldn't get Dr. Dre to make a production cameo for this album considering he acquired the label. That would've been awesome - at least one song where all the inmates go back together (DPG, RBX, Rage) then perform it on Sunday to promote the album. One can dream.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: SNOOP DOGG - B.O.D.R (New Album 2/13)
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2022, 07:14:46 AM »
Where the 'Pump, Pump' remix @, was recorded for something else?

It was for rehearsal...

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2022, 07:16:28 AM »
Yeah, I'd give it a high 7/10. I like 12/18 songs and that's an album so pretty solid. Again, songs should've been longer with more verses and included some original inmates but I'm buying it.

I'm surprised he couldn't get Dr. Dre to make a production cameo for this album considering he acquired the label. That would've been awesome - at least one song where all the inmates go back together (DPG, RBX, Rage) then perform it on Sunday to promote the album. One can dream.

I'm starting to think that Snoop can't afford Dr.Dre..

The Predator

« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2022, 07:17:52 AM »
^^Ahh man was looking forward to that, the only 'Death Row' sound we got on the new album is the 'Chronic' intro.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2022, 07:23:26 AM »
I'm starting to think that Snoop can't afford Dr.Dre..

He just bought a record label - maybe he's just cheap haha. But considering the kind of friendship they have I'm surprised they don't do more work together. They seem to hang out quite a bit.

I'm bummed out that no hi-res outlets are carrying this album. My only option is Apple. But you have to be a subscriber to access any download quality options.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
He can't recycle the old beats, we're in 2022 and Death Row also has to adapt, unfortunately. Nevertheless, a good album has become a long time

JohnnyMovie

« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2022, 07:25:53 AM »
The production is really on-point from Hi-Tek, to Bink!, Hit-Boy, Battlecat... One his best albums in a while.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2022, 07:27:14 AM »
^^Ahh man was looking forward to that, the only 'Death Row' sound we got on the new album is the 'Chronic' intro.

He can't recycle the old beats, we're in 2022 and Death Row also has to adapt, unfortunately. Nevertheless, a good album has become a long time

The Predator

« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2022, 07:31:02 AM »
^Well Battlecat 'recycled' the Chronic intro and Snoop spat on it and placed it as the first cut on a 2022 album.

It's also the best sounding beat on the album.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2022, 07:32:14 AM »
Album been on loop since after my work meeting this morning and still going, weekend soundtrack sorted.

Good effort from Snoop.

I know people to like Get this dick but I kinda like it, it’s typical funny not too serious track from Snoop and decision to make it 2nd to last on the album makes sense.

Tracks like Doggystylin and Catch a Vibe will bump in my car forever! Those 2 tracks are joining my fav Snoop playlist likes Buck ‘em, Hennessy & Budda, Just Dippin.

7.5 - 10 for me.

2 tracks like Still Smoking would’ve made this a 8.5 but it’s 2022 and to get a focused Snoop album is a blessing.

Now let’s hope he will get the right people to work in Death Row projects and not just overhyped Daz and dem.

Aftermath/Deathrow album or Compilation would be a dream
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!