Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14239 times)

doggfather

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2022, 12:49:59 AM »
There's a lot of legendary rappers who don't have that one masterpiece though.

u mean all of them.

doggystyle is a unique thing.

tha best rap album of all time.

there is nutin close to that.

thats a fact, not an opinion.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Jay_J

« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2022, 03:50:41 AM »

u mean all of them.

u know best rap album is can be anything to anybody, no one can judge that.

but "doggystle "is the best debut hip hop album ever no doubt. because it was one of the most anticipated album of all time in hiphop and it even far exeeded the expectations. "get rich or die tryin" comes second after that. this has nothing to do with if you like these albums or not. thats facts!

Okka

« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2022, 06:19:43 AM »

u mean all of them.

True! I hope you know what I meant though.

u know best rap album is can be anything to anybody, no one can judge that.

but "doggystle "is the best debut hip hop album ever no doubt. because it was one of the most anticipated album of all time in hiphop and it even far exeeded the expectations. "get rich or die tryin" comes second after that. this has nothing to do with if you like these albums or not. thats facts!

"Doggystyle" is my favorite album of all time.

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #423 on: February 14, 2022, 09:23:33 AM »

u mean all of them.

that's a fact, not an opinion.

Facts! And in my opinion, the fact that Doggystyle was so unique, and everybody could relate to it, it was a hip hop album made by a west coast artist, while the rest of his discography was mainly crafted for the west coast based (or west coast music fan) audience.  Fun fact, Snoop always bring his A-game over a east coast beat ( like the song "Think About it' )

Safe+Sound

« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2022, 11:15:29 AM »
Doggystyle is definitely in the game-changing domain without question - one of the best rap albums ever made - but so is The Chronic and Straight Outta Compton - those records changed the world. They made Doggystyle possible and all the greatness that came after them.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, Duck Duck Doggy

AftermathBeats

« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2022, 12:35:25 PM »
When will the videos and the movie actually come out of the album?

The Predator

« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2022, 11:29:34 PM »
Snoop - BODR Review

Snoop Dogg is a 50 year old rapper, songwriter, media personality, actor & entrepreneur from Long Beach, California that any hip hop head should be familiar with. His 1993 debut album Doggystyle is widely regarded as a west coast essential, but his output since has been hit or miss whether it be Tha Last Meal & Tha Blue Carpet Treatment almost reaching the same caliber of his debut or Da Game is to be Sold, Not to be Told & Bible of Love falling flat on their faces. The last we heard from Uncle Snoop was last 4/20 when he took it back to basics for From tha Streets 2 tha Suites but in light of his Super Bowl halftime show performance this weekend & him purchasing Death Row Records from MNRK Music Group a couple days ago, he’s celebrating by dropping his 19th full-length album.

“Still Smokin’” is a short but sweet g-funk opener produced by DJ Battlecat talking about being back up in this motherfucker whereas “Gun Smoke” follows it up with Hi-Tek mixing that vintage west coast sound with some trap undertones kicking it off top for nearly 2-minutes. “Coming Back” has a bit of a Parliament-Funkadelic/Zapp influence to it continuing to elaborate on his return just before “Sandwich Bag” speaks on his hustler life over a stripped-back back beat from Bink!.

Meanwhile on “Conflicted”, we have Nas joining Snoop on top of a weary Hit-Boy instrumental pondering who’s against them if God’s for them leading into “Bad Bitch” which has a rubbery bass-line & pays tribute to all the bad bitches. “Doggystylin’” finds Soopafly works in some dramatic choir vocals flexing like the old days, but then “Crip Ya Enthusiasm” awkwardly samples the Curb Ya Enthusiasm” theme song with the help of DJ Green Lantern spitting that street life.

T.I. comes into the picture for the powerful “Gotta Keep Pushing” encouraging to move forward despite all setbacks while “House I Built” jumps on top of an spacious instrumental talking about doing shit his way. “Outside the Box” returns to the g-funk sound down to the Nate Dogg hook shouting out their Day Oners & as for “Jersey in the Rafters”, he & The Game go into boom bap turf thanks to Trevor Lawrence Jr. taking shots at those who say they lost it.

I like the chipmunk soul feel of “Pop Pop” even though DaBaby’s performances are just garish in comparison to Snoop’s, but then “Catch a Vibe” comes through with a cloudy summertime anthem. “It’s in the Air” finds Nottz weaving in some gospel influences as he & Uncle Murda detail the gangsta lives while the track “We Don’t Gotta Worry No More” with Wiz Khalifa mixes a vocal sample with some hi-hats provided by Don Cannon talking about the pain they come from. The final song “Get This Dick” of course serves as a forced sex tune with some R&B undertones & “Snoopy Don’t Go” ends the album with a melodic outro.

If anyone else enjoyed From tha Streets 2 tha Suites as much as I did, then you’re gonna love B.o.D.R. (Bacc on Death Row) just as much if not even more. Much like the previous album, it’s basically Snoop taking it all back to his roots except this time he’s really getting deeper in it.

romson19

« Reply #427 on: February 15, 2022, 03:31:54 AM »
When will the videos and the movie actually come out of the album?
friday
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

astra4322

« Reply #428 on: February 15, 2022, 04:20:10 AM »
Short movie this Friday.

Sccit

« Reply #429 on: February 15, 2022, 09:51:33 AM »
snoop low key dropped the ball by not having a single ready

radios woulda been spinnin that heavy wit all the hype

The following users thanked this post: h2k4

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2022, 03:08:01 PM »
This is actually a pretty good album.  Getting better with each listen for me.  Snoop is flowin' pretty well...and I like the sequencing/transitions between each track. 

Suga Foot

« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2022, 09:58:31 PM »
Here's my thoughts after first listen....

1. Still Smokin - Cool throwback beat, great intro to the album

2. Gun Smoke - A second Intro......"Yep Tek This My Intro" The synth Hi Tek uses in this sounds like a standard patch on a Yamaha keyboard, which was a little dissapointing.

3.  Coming Back - 8/10

4. Sandwich Bag - When is started with just drums and bass it could have gone any direction but when the rhodes came in and then the talkbox I was impressed.

5.  Conflicted - My first thought was that this is a leftover from Hit Boy and Nas.  I still think it is.  It's good tho.

6.  Daddy - This one gets stuck in my head so I like it.

7.  Doggystylin - My favorite track on the album.  I think the song could have used an additional producer.  IMO I think it could have used some better sounds, change up the organs in the background, change the bassline in the chorus.....things like that.

8.  Crip Ya Enthusiasm - At first I was like "WTF is this?".  It took me out of the vibe of the album.  It's not a bad song, it's a standout track but it messes up the vibe, album wise.

9.  Gotta Keep Pushing -  My first thought was that this was a leftover from Big Boi/Sleepy Brown album.  Or just an old Big Boi song.  I could be wrong but that's the vibe I get.  I really like it tho.

10.  House I Built - Love this song. 

11.  Outside The Box - I like it a lot.  I want to like it more but I don't love it.

12.  Jerseys In The Rafters - It's Fine

13.  Pop Pop - I think I'm in the minority but I really like this song.  It's smooth. 

14.  Catch a Vibe - Love it.

15.  It's in the Air - Not a fan of Uncle Murda, Not loving the Chorus.  I like the beat tho.

16.  We Don't Gotta Worry No More - I like it.

17.  Get This Dick - I like this one.  It reminds me of the Nine Inch Dix songs he used to do.

18.  Snoopy Don't Go - I don't like it.  I don't think I've actually listened to the whole song.   

Overall the sequencing of the album is really good.  The effort put into the album shows.  I didn't really like a lot of snoops previous albums.  As much as I love Rick Rock, I don't like Snoop over his beats.  This album is his best in a LONG time.  It's a fun album.  Over the last few days since it's been out I've heard a lot of people talk about how good it is. 

I've listened to this album more than anything else since it came out.  I haven't listened to a Snoop Album this much since Ego Trippin.

Sccit

« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2022, 10:11:59 PM »
Here's my thoughts after first listen....

1. Still Smokin - Cool throwback beat, great intro to the album

2. Gun Smoke - A second Intro......"Yep Tek This My Intro" The synth Hi Tek uses in this sounds like a standard patch on a Yamaha keyboard, which was a little dissapointing.

3.  Coming Back - 8/10

4. Sandwich Bag - When is started with just drums and bass it could have gone any direction but when the rhodes came in and then the talkbox I was impressed.

5.  Conflicted - My first thought was that this is a leftover from Hit Boy and Nas.  I still think it is.  It's good tho.

6.  Daddy - This one gets stuck in my head so I like it.

7.  Doggystylin - My favorite track on the album.  I think the song could have used an additional producer.  IMO I think it could have used some better sounds, change up the organs in the background, change the bassline in the chorus.....things like that.

8.  Crip Ya Enthusiasm - At first I was like "WTF is this?".  It took me out of the vibe of the album.  It's not a bad song, it's a standout track but it messes up the vibe, album wise.

9.  Gotta Keep Pushing -  My first thought was that this was a leftover from Big Boi/Sleepy Brown album.  Or just an old Big Boi song.  I could be wrong but that's the vibe I get.  I really like it tho.

10.  House I Built - Love this song. 

11.  Outside The Box - I like it a lot.  I want to like it more but I don't love it.

12.  Jerseys In The Rafters - It's Fine

13.  Pop Pop - I think I'm in the minority but I really like this song.  It's smooth. 

14.  Catch a Vibe - Love it.

15.  It's in the Air - Not a fan of Uncle Murda, Not loving the Chorus.  I like the beat tho.

16.  We Don't Gotta Worry No More - I like it.

17.  Get This Dick - I like this one.  It reminds me of the Nine Inch Dix songs he used to do.

18.  Snoopy Don't Go - I don't like it.  I don't think I've actually listened to the whole song.   

Overall the sequencing of the album is really good.  The effort put into the album shows.  I didn't really like a lot of snoops previous albums.  As much as I love Rick Rock, I don't like Snoop over his beats.  This album is his best in a LONG time.  It's a fun album.  Over the last few days since it's been out I've heard a lot of people talk about how good it is. 

I've listened to this album more than anything else since it came out.  I haven't listened to a Snoop Album this much since Ego Trippin.

did u ever listen to 7 days of funk?

doggfather

« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2022, 11:13:04 PM »

did u ever listen to 7 days of funk?

u havent realized that only u and me fux with that album?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

astra4322

« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2022, 11:19:46 PM »
u havent realized that only u and me fux with that album?

7 Days of Funk is straight fire  8)