Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14241 times)

astra4322

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #480 on: February 26, 2022, 11:58:45 PM »
I still think it’s great album without any skippable tracks. I love it from start to finish. You have to just turn a blind
eye to a Death Row in a title. It has nothing to do with Death Row.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Young Old Head

« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2022, 04:18:21 AM »
I still think it’s great album without any skippable tracks. I love it from start to finish. You have to just turn a blind
eye to a Death Row in a title. It has nothing to do with Death Row.

I agree. Heard it for the first time today and was surprised at how dope it actually is. Love the sequencing (the mastering not so much though, it's listenable).
And for the record: I think that Snoop's last 4 albums (minus Algorithm [compilation album] and IWTM [too much of a mixed bag for me] were at least decent to great. Sure, there's always these 2, 3 filler songs, but still quality albums nonetheless.

Btw they have a picture of a vinyl version on the official Death Row website, link redirecting to SnooperMarket.com with a couple of his older albums being available on CD... Fucking stupid.

Cash Money Blood Gang

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »
I enjoyed it for the most part.  Haven't been excited for a Snoop album in years and was surprised how good he sounded still.

The Nate song is completely new, right?  Can't say I've heard those vocals before
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2022, 12:56:22 PM »
I enjoyed it for the most part.  Haven't been excited for a Snoop album in years and was surprised how good he sounded still.

The Nate song is completely new, right?  Can't say I've heard those vocals before

yea it’s brand new

but i think u got caught up in the death row hype ala most of the coli casuals, because coolaid, i wanna thank me, from the streets to the suites, and neva left were all just as good give or take

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #484 on: March 03, 2022, 03:01:07 PM »
yea it’s brand new

but i think u got caught up in the death row hype ala most of the coli casuals, because coolaid, I wanna thank me, from the streets to the suites, and neva left were all just as good give or take

I don't know why, all those feels like Mixtapes or throw-away tracks for me. Solo wise the last good album was The Blue Carpet Treatment, and even that album was full of fillers (the mixtape was better than the album)

Sccit

« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2022, 04:18:48 PM »
I don't know why, all those feels like Mixtapes or throw-away tracks for me. Solo wise the last good album was The Blue Carpet Treatment, and even that album was full of fillers (the mixtape was better than the album)

you seem not to be that big on snoop

u didn’t like 7 days of funk?

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #486 on: March 03, 2022, 05:02:01 PM »

you seem not to be that big on snoop

u didn’t like 7 days of funk?

I have been a fan of Snoop for a while, he is the reason why I signed up here 20 years ago.

7 days of Funk is amazing but I consider it a joint album with Dam-Funk. This album along with BUSH was well put together even Bible Of Love got replay value (as a gospel album). But when it comes to solo albums, the last one that was good enough was TBC.  The rest of them felt rushed. And since 96 Snoop proved that he is unable to put a masterpiece together on his own.

Sccit

« Reply #487 on: March 03, 2022, 05:51:16 PM »
I have been a fan of Snoop for a while, he is the reason why I signed up here 20 years ago.

7 days of Funk is amazing but I consider it a joint album with Dam-Funk. This album along with BUSH was well put together even Bible Of Love got replay value (as a gospel album). But when it comes to solo albums, the last one that was good enough was TBC.  The rest of them felt rushed. And since 96 Snoop proved that he is unable to put a masterpiece together on his own.

tha last meal and top dogg are both near classix to me .. maybe even bct

i consider 7 days of funk a solo because dam is only on there as a producer

Lazaruz5150

« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2022, 03:49:31 AM »
Is anyone else Not feeling Snoop anymore ? I was only 9 when Doggystyle dropped but was bumping that and the chronic daily but just seems like he is more of a Snake than a Dogg. Death Row is done and over ! 1992-1997 . Snoop is a complete sellout and im sure this new Death Row is a waste of time.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2022, 07:37:11 AM »
Anyone hear those 3 BODR bonus tracks?

Sccit

« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2022, 07:55:06 AM »
Anyone hear those 3 BODR bonus tracks?

weren’t the bonus songs the joints he dropped for the NFT?

someone posted a thread wit the link
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 09:14:20 PM by Sccit »

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2022, 01:03:09 PM »
Interesting fact, Cordae wrote Snoops parts on "We don't gotta worry no more"

Safe+Sound

« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2022, 01:43:29 PM »
weren’t there bonus songs the joints he dropped for the NFT?

someone posted a thread wit the link

Yeah, there were but it was just a link to the landing page for purchase. Wondered if anyone actually spent the money and could report if the tracks were decent..

Sccit

« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2022, 09:14:04 PM »
Yeah, there were but it was just a link to the landing page for purchase. Wondered if anyone actually spent the money and could report if the tracks were decent..

naah some1 posted the dl link to the songs

check a couple threads down

Teddy Loc

« Reply #494 on: March 06, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
This Snoop abum is dope and I enjoyed it.

I agree. Heard it for the first time today and was surprised at how dope it actually is. Love the sequencing (the mastering not so much though, it's listenable).

I agree and its real crunk. Real Talk
#NoDoubt