Author Topic: New Death Row Records  (Read 817 times)

AftermathBeats

New Death Row Records
« on: February 21, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »
October London turns down Def Jam deal for Death Row

topdogg188

Re: New Death Row Records
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 11:52:48 AM »
These days def jam is known more for R&B than Hip Hop so I think it would have been the better option over there really. Death Row had Nate, Danny Boy, Jewell but death rows not really known for R&B and only Nate really blew up due to his collabs outside of the Row.
i remember the black and white The Source ads back in the day when it was Def Jam 2000. Red, Meth, LL, Foxy, Jay Z,  DMX. Pity what that label is now

Rubinho

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 01:15:18 PM »
Insane lineup for that concert tour. Flashbacks to the 90s

topdogg188

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 04:51:58 AM »
Whilst it's great Death Row is back with Snoop, the likelihood is what fans want and Snoops vision for the label will be vastly different. I'm gonna guess its mainly going to be the Algorithm new artists. That being said this thread could be what we as fans want from the label and who we would like to see signed.

I'll kick it off with my hopes for the year

Tha Eastidaz New Album - sort of confirmed
Dogg Pound Album - sort of confirmed
Nhale album - sort of confirmed
Doggystyleee Album - sort of confirmed.
Unreleased verses Nate Dogg Album
Unreleased verses Bad Azz album
Battlecat Album
Soopafly album
DPGC Album/Compilation
Goldie Loc Solo Album

Signees or single album deals- Techniec, KxnG Crooked, Kam, Kokane, Rosco, RBX, Lady of Rage, Dj Quik

The following users thanked this post: Funkstradamus, Game-Won

astra4322

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 05:12:39 AM »
Comon, are you serious? You can open new thread for every album and name it COMING SOON. We are used to it  :grumpy:

AftermathBeats

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 06:54:29 AM »
Comon, are you serious? You can open new thread for every album and name it COMING SOON. We are used to it  :grumpy:

Where do you want to write something in, you don't even know which album comes out next, now Eastzidaz things are in Snoop, other things in another, everything is messed up

astra4322

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 06:59:30 AM »
Where do you want to write something in, you don't even know which album comes out next, now Eastzidaz things are in Snoop, other things in another, everything is messed up
Yeap but what's the point in writing about projects not even announced?

Game-Won

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 03:53:22 AM »
Whilst it's great Death Row is back with Snoop, the likelihood is what fans want and Snoops vision for the label will be vastly different. I'm gonna guess its mainly going to be the Algorithm new artists. That being said this thread could be what we as fans want from the label and who we would like to see signed.

Battlecat Album
Soopafly album
DPGC Album/Compilation
Goldie Loc Solo Album

Signees or single album deals- Techniec, KxnG Crooked, Kam, Kokane, Rosco, RBX, Lady of Rage, Dj Quik

Snoop Death Row Tour would be dope, specially if Crooked came back to Tha Row - Did you type his name randomly or heard Snoop went back to sign him?
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

astra4322

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 04:23:07 AM »
This is just his wishlist without any confirmation.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 11:43:01 AM »
Bow Wow put out his final Album on Death Row

https://twitter.com/smoss/status/1497192632287698958?s=21

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 12:59:17 PM »

Battlecat Album
Soopafly album
DPGC Album/Compilation
Goldie Loc Solo Album

That's wishful thinking. Snoop is not good at having artists under his belt. His biggest fail was not pushing and promoting Latoiya Williams 20 years ago, she would have been as good as Mary J if she was pushed by someone else. As for new Death Row, it will probably be a shitty independent label and only Merch will.come out of it

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2022, 08:18:22 AM »
That's wishful thinking. Snoop is not good at having artists under his belt. His biggest fail was not pushing and promoting Latoiya Williams 20 years ago, she would have been as good as Mary J if she was pushed by someone else. As for new Death Row, it will probably be a shitty independent label and only Merch will.come out of it

Yeah right! Did he held on to her or stopped her from moving?

What has she done since on her own? Those managing her since what have they turned her into?
Her biggest trend was still at Dogg House, if it is that easy to break through in the industry, she should’ve stayed relevant in the game since leaving or moving on

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »
I am happy Snoop owns Death Row now, it’s coming full circle kind of thing.

But it is 2022 and I don’t live in a dream land, it would be a. Bad business to focus a new label business on artists from 3 decades ago, when there are fresh young new talents out there.

The best I want to see is the Death Row OGs appearing on projects like Tha Eastsidaz not all of them having solo records…hell naw.

The biggest win would be if they can get the whole catalog and unreleased songs back.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!