Author Topic: What was so great about the Super Bowl halftime  (Read 498 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What was so great about the Super Bowl halftime
« on: March 20, 2022, 05:41:54 AM »
I mean other than the fact that Dre was doing it and we are all fans… what was so great about the performance?? 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: What was so great about the Super Bowl halftime
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 07:49:02 AM »
the production value was extraordinary

all classix

if u tuned into the nba all-star halftime show by dj khaled a week later, it helps put things in perspective.

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 09:40:31 AM »
the production value was extraordinary

all classix

if u tuned into the nba all-star halftime show by dj khaled a week later, it helps put things in perspective.

True...

I thought the piano 2pac interlude and lead into "Still Dre" was great... but my expectations were actually a Pac hologram, so even though the piano was a nice unexpected touch, it certainly didn't live up to Coachella.

BJV

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 06:23:18 PM »
It was historical because it was the first rap/hiphop act to headline the halftime show.

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

Jay_J

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 11:54:41 PM »
i like people saying "worst half time show", "it was weak", "no extraordinary stage/light/dance show like before"...

they forget its west coast hip hop and this is how a west coast half time show would be... laid back!!! no need to do smth extraordinary like people expecting.

all they need to do is come on to the stage and sing that shit. i like that they didnt give so much fuck about it.

mtbsm

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 05:26:23 AM »
Provocative thread

astra4322

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 05:42:41 AM »
i like people saying "worst half time show", "it was weak", "no extraordinary stage/light/dance show like before"...

they forget its west coast hip hop and this is how a west coast half time show would be... laid back!!! no need to do smth extraordinary like people expecting.

all they need to do is come on to the stage and sing that shit. i like that they didnt give so much fuck about it.
I agree. All artists on Halftime (including EM whom I can't stand) are stars and change the game in their prime time. That's it. We don't need fireworks, explosions and all that.

So Much Style

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 11:54:50 AM »
because it was pulled off to perfection
So much style back at it again

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 12:05:25 PM »
All these years later they still on they game! 

Live instruments!

The set was dope and reflected LA.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

DEKO

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 01:40:58 AM »
I mean other than the fact that Dre was doing it and we are all fans… what was so great about the performance??

Nothing. It was garbage, and this comes from a hip hop fan!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 04:39:52 AM »
Nothing. It was garbage, and this comes from a hip hop fan!

yeah man.. I mean saying the set was great is not enough... okay, so Dre had a million dollar budget to do whatever he wants, they give that to every artist that does the Superbowl.  But what did he do with that money?

If you wanna see a really great performance you need to see Michael Jackson's performance.  First he had two look a-likes jumping off the jumbo tron--then he jumped in the middle from beneath the floor... the crowd was wondering if it was the real Mike.. then he slightly turns his head and holds still like a statue for two minutes in anticipation.  The guy goes into a killer dance performance and ends it with all the countries and kids uniting on stage and the audience is in tears.  Now that's a freaking performance.

So again, what did Dre do other than spend all their money they had millions for the great set, so what?   

Yes.. Live instruments was good.  Playing a few piano notes for Pac was good.  But what else??

I think it was a failure.  He had a great budget but what did he do with that budget??  Then to make it worse the guy couldn't give it up to God and throws up the devil horns at the end.  When have you ever seen Dre throw up devil horns?  So he has to sell out to eletist Satanic Cult just to perform the Superbowl?

I'm not happy with it, and Dre ain't Dre anymore since 2020.  I'm agreeing with that homie with no name on here who made that conspiracy thread about Dre.