Poll

Was "Reloaded" better than the first one ?

Definately better, another level..
6 (27.3%)
Maybe better, but not by much
7 (31.8%)
About equal
4 (18.2%)
Not as cool as the first, but still..
2 (9.1%)
Disappointing.. ok though
0 (0%)
I almost demanded my money back..
1 (4.5%)
Haven't seen it yet
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Those of you who have seen "Matrix Reloaded"  (Read 390 times)

Jome

Those of you who have seen "Matrix Reloaded"
« on: May 16, 2003, 09:42:12 PM »
Was it better than the prequel ??

It opens up the 21st over here, and I have seen mixed reviews for it..

Internet-sites says it's not as dope as the first one..but still pretty dope.
The 2 biggest Norwegian newspapers both gave it 3 out of 6...

Immortal

Re:Those of you who have seen "Matrix Reloaded"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 09:46:39 PM »
see its really great man...the thing is there are certain things that if u dont pay attention to or fail to understand..then the movie makes less sense to you and leaves you unclear...but if u pay attention and if uve been following the matrix all along deeply..u certainly like it and its better than the first one..

the action scenes are good, theres something extra inthe storyline as its not that basic as that of its predessesor, plus the level of complexity in this film is higher...more intellectual and certainly more thrilling...

definately better than the 1st...me, my bro and a friend watched it together and we were all exalted and impressed by the movie
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 09:51:35 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Immortal

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 09:47:52 PM »
i would reccomend watching this movie atleast twice so that things are clear
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 11:12:04 PM »
It kinda bored me and it was way too long. I won't hold it against the series as long as Reloaded is being used as a set up for Revolution, which looks really dope. Cuz they introduced alot of new guys in this movie that will prolly shine in Revolution.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hittman2001

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 11:18:40 PM »
i would reccomend watching this movie atleast twice so that things are clear

I agree, i watched it for a second time and it makes more sense.  The stunt/effects are better in this one than the 1st movie.  But after all the action scenes, the dialog seems to drag and can be confusing sometimes.  I would recommend watching it at least twice.  It think this will probably end up being a good setup for Revolutions.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 04:36:28 PM »
this movie was the shit!

i understood most of it the only part the was confusing was when the arcitect talked i was like wtf is he saying fucking big ass words lol

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 08:36:41 PM »
I thought the action scenes were way cool, but aside from that, I thought the movie was pretty boring.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 09:04:50 PM »
the action scenes especialy the highway scenes were amazing but too much poinless talking and the whole movie was about nothing

DaSchizophrenic1

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 09:09:22 PM »
The movie was a lot better than the 1st one. Although higher in complexity level, the storyline was a lot more interesting. Action scenes and special effects were out of this world, simply amazing.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 10:47:58 AM »
The movie was a lot better than the 1st one. Although higher in complexity level, the storyline was a lot more interesting. Action scenes and special effects were out of this world, simply amazing.
i agree 8)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 01:04:31 PM »
the action scenes especialy the highway scenes were amazing but too much poinless talking and the whole movie was about nothing

You HAVE to be kidding me, the movie was about noting?  Pointless talking?  If you actually paid attention to the talking you would see how MUCH the movie was about.  The heavy doses of spiritualism and philosphy, the metaphoric symbolism, everything from the colour of morpheus's clothes, to the candy, to the crows, even to Smith's whole name represented something.  Heck, it could even be percieved as the mathematical universe where mathematics is the self-ordering consciousness of the universe and this could be ultimately be  the story of a lonely little spontaneously generated program called 'choice' who just happened to have a profoundly damaging effect on the balanced universe of the system in spite of its relative insignifigance and it's struggle to survive in spite of all efforts of the universal system to correct itself.  
It can represent the hyperreality engulfing us, through economic and political systems, through the media in general and through advertising specifically.  The question of choice, fate, and highly debated concept of freewill.  If you really think you understood the whole movie and still think its pointless, headover to Immortal Tech's thread about Matrix Reloaded and try answering some of my questions and doubts.
It's just a brilliant movie!  I've head a few negative reviews Jome, but 99% of these reviews origninate from ignorance towards the movie's symbolic meaning and the complex mosiac of it's puzzling storyline.  
Let me tell you this, if you are interested in spiritualty, philosphy, intelligence, action and indepth and complex storylines, this is the movie for you.  The amazing direction and choreography will have you in awe, the cliffhanger at the end could piss you off, but also build up your desire to see Matrix Revolutions.  Peace

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 01:06:46 PM by .:[b L a D e]:. »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Quakaveli

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 04:15:41 PM »
Blade and Tech: The Matrix groupies lol  :D

but I think it was significantly better than the first, not on anotha level tho I wasnt that impressed  ;D

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 04:25:05 PM »
no it is way better...the story is way deeper and more interesting with great twists that keep you guessing and makes sure that you pay 100% attention to the movie...for me the plot/story is what made it better, the action scenes are great too
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 04:25:53 PM by VerbalAssaulta »

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2003, 05:09:56 PM »

You HAVE to be kidding me, the movie was about noting?  Pointless talking?  If you actually paid attention to the talking you would see how MUCH the movie was about.  The heavy doses of spiritualism and philosphy, the metaphoric symbolism, everything from the colour of morpheus's clothes, to the candy, to the crows, even to Smith's whole name represented something.  Heck, it could even be percieved as the mathematical universe where mathematics is the self-ordering consciousness of the universe and this could be ultimately be  the story of a lonely little spontaneously generated program called 'choice' who just happened to have a profoundly damaging effect on the balanced universe of the system in spite of its relative insignifigance and it's struggle to survive in spite of all efforts of the universal system to correct itself.  
It can represent the hyperreality engulfing us, through economic and political systems, through the media in general and through advertising specifically.  The question of choice, fate, and highly debated concept of freewill.  If you really think you understood the whole movie and still think its pointless, headover to Immortal Tech's thread about Matrix Reloaded and try answering some of my questions and doubts.
It's just a brilliant movie!  I've head a few negative reviews Jome, but 99% of these reviews origninate from ignorance towards the movie's symbolic meaning and the complex mosiac of it's puzzling storyline.  
Let me tell you this, if you are interested in spiritualty, philosphy, intelligence, action and indepth and complex storylines, this is the movie for you.  The amazing direction and choreography will have you in awe, the cliffhanger at the end could piss you off, but also build up your desire to see Matrix Revolutions.  Peace

-{bLaDe}

That's true. That's why I need to see it again cuz a lot of things went right over my head.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 05:59:22 PM »

-{bLaDe}

LoL, I have to read the first part another day when I'm in "the zone"..
Movie sounds coo though.. just a few days now..