Author Topic: Does Dre respect his fanbase?  (Read 515 times)

Does Dre respect his fanbase?
« on: March 27, 2022, 02:00:21 AM »
An artist is an artist but without fans its like a tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. No one cares so it might as well have never happened.

That said, do you think Dre respects his fanbase?

skjesp

Re: Does Dre respect his fanbase?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 03:13:46 AM »
Short answer is no.

astra4322

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 04:56:41 AM »
Short answer is no.

You got the answer so this pointless thread can be closed.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 07:22:14 AM »
He is retired. He gave us over 30 years of music. Now he’s just playing around in the studio and doing what he enjoys in his retirement. He owes the fans nothing at this point. Find another rapper to latch onto and become a fan of. Leave Dre alone.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Orbyte

heisenberg

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 07:51:44 AM »
artists (and people in general) owe us nothing. Its like asking if rappers with horrible release respect fans too ? it doesnt mean anything.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 08:13:18 AM »
He is retired. He gave us over 30 years of music. Now he’s just playing around in the studio and doing what he enjoys in his retirement. He owes the fans nothing at this point. Find another rapper to latch onto and become a fan of. Leave Dre alone.

money

abusive

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 09:00:29 AM »
What do you mean by leave him alone? I've seen this type of sentiment mentioned multiple times with him especially at this site. When did he become a victim and of what victimized him? Serious question.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 09:30:18 AM »
has he?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 02:15:47 PM »
What do you mean by leave him alone? I've seen this type of sentiment mentioned multiple times with him especially at this site. When did he become a victim and of what victimized him? Serious question.

Leave him alone = stop worrying about what he is or isn't doing.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Sccit, abusive

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 03:00:33 AM »
Leave him alone = stop worrying about what he is or isn't doing.

Whilst hitting F5 on a forum filled with threads speculating and piecing together clues about his next release for the past 20 years. Disingenuous much?

Simple question to Scitt and the rest of the regulars who are quiet as churchmice on this thread:

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 07:45:31 AM »
Whilst hitting F5 on a forum filled with threads speculating and piecing together clues about his next release for the past 20 years. Disingenuous much?

Simple question to Scitt and the rest of the regulars who are quiet as churchmice on this thread:

attention seeking thread brodie .. weve had this discussion numerous times in various threads

i liked your thread on 2pac in a business suit better.. why’d u delete it?

:lulz:

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »
An artist is an artist but without fans its like a tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. No one cares so it might as well have never happened.

That said, do you think Dre respects his fanbase?

Nice thread.. and it is a relevant question. 

(Though, I also agree with the replies in the sense that Dre had pretty much already done and achieved everything way back in the fuckin 80's... I mean even Death Row was like a second run for him he didn't really have to do.... then he even had a 3rd big run with Aftermath.. anything is just gravy at this point)

However, it is a relevant question because there are exceptional artists like 2pac who give a lot to their fans and have a deep connection with their fans.  Most of them are in Rock music though, or artists like Kid Rock, or Phil Collins, artists that tour a lot and really get out there and connect with their audience as a way of life. 

But as far as Pac...this shit was deep I read one time..

This Jada Pinkett interview really caught me..where she actually said she tried to talk Pac out of his rap career and to just transition to movies and things like what she was doing when he was in prison; as a way to stay out of trouble, make money, and live the easy life. 

He could have gone that route and been like Jada.  He didn't have to go the route he did.  But Jada said he replied to her that he owed it to his fans and he had a connection to his fans through his music and an obligation to give them the real shit and he couldn't run from that

I have no idea the interview or exact quote--but it was deep.  And Jada wasn't saying it to make Pac look good, she was actually complaining about how he couldn't leave that lifestyle that got him killed, she spoke on it as a flaw.. but if you are a true fan of Pac you know what Pac meant
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post:

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »

How would anybody besides Dre know the answer to this??  Only he knows if he truly respects them.

Now if you're asking us to interpret how we see it based on some sort of measurable evidence, i'm all ears.  Dude's been making music since the early 80's, responsible for some of the biggest rap hits ever.  Produced for nearly everyone.  Involved in the startup of 2 record labels, many careers.  Nearly every rapper in the game respects him and the ones that say they don't, would be the first one on his doorstep to get a song produced by him.  As he's aged, he's shifted into business ventures such as headphones, movies, soundtrack scores, video games, etc.  Still producing to this day.  Would I love to hear Detox?  Sure....do i wish Dre released more stuff from the vault, sure.  But does that somehow equate to not respecting fans?  I don't think so.  He devoted over half his life to his music and his fans.  Let the man be and do what he wants to do.  If he wants to mess around in the studio making beats and not release anything, cool, he has fun doing that.  If he wants to get up each morning and go fishing, cool.  Let the man enjoy the tail end of his life.  He doesn't have to be 90 years old on his death bed still trying to crank out songs to satiate the never ending wants of fans.   

Now if you're asking because a near 60 year old man isn't releasing rap albums every year and didn't end up releasing Detox....if that's your only measurement for 'fan respect'.  Then so be it.  By that logic, Snoop must respect his fans to the fullest because he releases songs seemingly every day.  Of course they are all shit and simply designed to take the money of fans....but if that's how you measure respect....ok.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »
This Jada Pinkett interview really caught me..where she actually said she tried to talk Pac out of his rap career and to just transition to movies and things like what she was doing when he was in prison; as a way to stay out of trouble, make money, and live the easy life. 

He could have gone that route and been like Jada.  He didn't have to go the route he did.  But Jada said he replied to her that he owed it to his fans and he had a connection to his fans through his music and an obligation to give them the real shit and he couldn't run from that

I have no idea the interview or exact quote--but it was deep.  And Jada wasn't saying it to make Pac look good, she was actually complaining about how he couldn't leave that lifestyle that got him killed, she spoke on it as a flaw.. but if you are a true fan of Pac you know what Pac meant

This is exactly it my friend. The true artist, the one with a message who isn't doing it for ends doesn't pimp his fanbase mercilessly but vibes with them on the real. Pac is exactly that, always has been and always will be. Contrast that ethos to what we saw of Snoop, Dre et all since 96 and suddenly he doesn't seem quite so crazy, does he?

How would anybody besides Dre know the answer to this??  Only he knows if he truly respects them.

Now if you're asking us to interpret how we see it based on some sort of measurable evidence, i'm all ears. 

We have 20 years of "Look out for Detox!" pump faking and you ask for more evidence? I'd class that as measurable evidence of straight up hoeing and bad intentions (that are super ugly) as he never intended upon delivering on. Very disrespectful considering the fans are what took him from Compton to Malibu so to herb them like that, repeatedly, just isn't cricket. Nor is it tea. Or even crumpets. Its just flat out disrespect. The question is why do you take it?

weve had this discussion numerous times in various threads

Exactly, which is why this reply is the last time I'll mention it because if you haven't realized by now you'll never stop it and get some help.

I'm saying what I'm saying for y'all, not me. I see the emperors nakedness. Look at it this way:

If you have a friend you know steals from people, given the chance he'll steal from you. Such people are bad sheep but behaviors tend to be constant across many situations and scenarios. Knowing this if you keep him around it speaks on your character, not his.

The average dub member who takes Dres constant level of disrespect and then comes lining up for more of the same after being hoed will, by definition, be taking a similar level of disrespect from other people in his real life. Its literally deeper than rap.

I know people on here are intelligent otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my breath with what I share. I'd hoped to give you inspiration that made you pause and think about the nature of this interaction with Dre and its wider implications but have decided to lay it out clear and simple instead and the rest is up to all of you.

I won't be commenting on Dr Dre, his releases or lack thereof again. Those who are going to get it will and those who don't will when its time for them to realize exactly what I said. I personally do not tolerate any form of disrespect because I hold myself in too high regard to let that fly. Extrapolate from that what you will but know I wasn't sitting here merely trolling (even though it might seem that way if you just look at the surface) but genuinely wish for you all to better yourselves by noticing what this Dre aspect says about you and your life on a larger scale.

This is my contribution to the betterment of you all. Thank you for reading.

abusive

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 09:41:11 AM »
It was mentioned above above fans having to play detective when it comes to Dre because info isn't always put out in a concise way. That's what I see and I can see how a fan would feel some type of way about that. I wouldn't say it's because he doesn't respect his fans tho. I could just be a disconnect of an older artist who doesn't understand his brand's relevance in an age where most artist are completely transparent. If I was a die hard fan as some of you are I would want more. As a former Stan of an artist, I get it. The question is does he or other artist who value their privacy on a high level? Meaning do they know what their fans want from them and is there anything they can do to accommodate them without sacrificing their own happiness. There are ways where you can be reclusive and yet still engage your fans. I thought it was dope that his team made sure that everyone knew he still owned certain rights to the chronic. Little things like that go a long way. One last thing... Nevermind.

@BJV, marvel at my wisdom, not my spelling.  :think:
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.