Author Topic: 2Pac - Cause I Had To ('97 Shock G Remix) (BestQ)  (Read 136 times)

Civilian3030

2Pac - Cause I Had To ('97 Shock G Remix) (BestQ)
« on: May 05, 2022, 08:06:57 PM »
Hey everyone, I wanted to share 1 of my all time favorite 2Pac songs with you all, Cause I Had To. I included several rips for the song, but the best quality rip we have comes from the DJ Express Makaveli series. It took me forever to track down that CD this was on. I also did an intro Remake for the song, and also provided a normalized mix as well which has become my personal go to in regards to the song.

Short intro....I grew up on hip-hop, lived on the East Coast my entire life. I am one of the more knowledgable people in regards to 2Pac material and have a very large collection of material, as well as many other west coast artists, and hip hop artists in general.

Not west coast related, but I am also one of, if not, the most knowledgable person in regards to The Notorious B.I.G.'s material and catalog of music if there are ever any questions about that kinda thing, I am definitely your guy. I know he isn't west coast but I am assuming there are a lot of head who are fans of hip hop in general so figured I would throw that out there

Anyways I hope some of you enjoy this. Here is the best quality version of Cause I Had To ('97 Shock G Remix) that's out there outside of sourcing the DAT. Cheers

https://mega.nz/folder/Hso3CBQQ#fyaZpH476HE02F-B_4PQJg

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: 2Pac - Cause I Had To ('97 Shock G Remix) (BestQ)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »
Damn I didn’t know there was a shock g mix ima download this as soon as I get home. Appreciate you sharing this my g. What kinda stuff you got from Biggie he’s also one of my favorites

Civilian3030

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 08:37:13 PM »
There are several variations of the song. The Original version is called "Po Nigga Blues", then the version 97 Shock G Remix is the one that goes..."Why'd you slang crack, Cause I had to". It was also remixed on Loyal To The Game which was an alright remix TBH, but the Shock G Remix is the best version hands down.

For Biggie I went through and had fresh rips made for most everything out there. Demo Tapes, Promo Tapes, vinyl, some multi's and DAT rips.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 09:05:12 AM »
 :salute:

BJV