Author Topic: How come I just heard of O.C. Jewelz album yesterday for first time?  (Read 508 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

^^this track isn’t the best it’s just first one I found on YouTube.  But I saw his album Jewelz listed as an album of the year for the year it came out in the 90s and I had never heard of it so I checked it out… it’s produced by DJ Premeir and Mr. Walt who produced for O.G.C. (I guess walt only produces for acronyms O and C) anyone else heard of this guy
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Dee Tha AK

On German TV Samy Deluxe said O.C. took 6 months to write that track. Not because he is slow but because he spoke realness and took time

midwestryder

^^this track isn’t the best it’s just first one I found on YouTube.  But I saw his album Jewelz listed as an album of the year for the year it came out in the 90s and I had never heard of it so I checked it out… it’s produced by DJ Premeir and Mr. Walt who produced for O.G.C. (I guess walt only produces for acronyms O and C) anyone else heard of this guy
O.C is member of the legendary DITC 

Invincible

My World is easily the best track on it. By the way you should check his first album before this one. Bonafide classic.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
On German TV Samy Deluxe said O.C. took 6 months to write that track. Not because he is slow but because he spoke realness and took time

This is incredible.. And sounds really familiar... but obviously it was under my radar.

...it's just stuff like this that makes me wonder why heads at the forum waste their time searching for new artists or new music in hip-hop when its 2022 and I'm still diggin up classics like this

Rudki

I'm always amazed about how much classic music misses your radar bro, change that username already ..... :o ;D ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm always amazed about how much classic music misses your radar bro, change that username already ..... :o ;D ;D

yeah so in the 90's you had enough money to buy every album on the shelf...and enough time to dig into all of them... yeah fuccin right.. I'm sure everyone at the forum is up on O.C. except me

Rudki

yeah so in the 90's you had enough money to buy every album on the shelf...and enough time to dig into all of them... yeah fuccin right.. I'm sure everyone at the forum is up on O.C. except me

Forget everyone else  :o You got 12k+ posts here, don't tell me about time  ;D ;D ;D

anyway, check out O.C & Apollo Browns LP from a few years ago, pretty dope

Matty

Dee Tha AK

This is incredible.. And sounds really familiar... but obviously it was under my radar.

...it's just stuff like this that makes me wonder why heads at the forum waste their time searching for new artists or new music in hip-hop when its 2022 and I'm still diggin up classics like this

Lack of Knowledge

HighEyeCue

Re: How come I just heard of O.C. Jewelz album yesterday for first time?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2022, 04:09:20 AM »
yeah O.C. is really dope, very underrated though...I can see how he can be overlooked

as far as discovering old classics it is also something that I do alot as well...in the 90s I have to admit I was close minded and really just into West Coast music and repped Pac, Death Row, DPG etc...it wasn't until later on in life that I got into other regions of hip hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 10:03:02 AM »
yeah O.C. is really dope, very underrated though...I can see how he can be overlooked

as far as discovering old classics it is also something that I do alot as well...in the 90s I have to admit I was close minded and really just into West Coast music and repped Pac, Death Row, DPG etc...it wasn't until later on in life that I got into other regions of hip hop

same

doggfather

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 12:48:14 PM »
you meant sHame (for that closed mind  ;) )...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Invincible

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 03:08:35 PM »
On the D.I.T.C. front, be sure to check Diamond D's first two albums and both Big L albums out if you haven't. Also check Buckwilds Diggin' In Tha Crates compilation.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 01:07:31 PM »
One of my favorite MC's!

YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!