Author Topic: Who here knew Kurupt featured on major release pre-Death Row?  (Read 550 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Not sure how “major” this is but seems like a major label release anyway—and Kurupt actually sounds great on it—yet it’s more in a Rakim style than the gangsta style he adopted with Death Row
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

Re: Who here knew Kurupt featured on major release pre-Death Row?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 03:02:28 AM »
yeah I found out about this sometime in the 2000's...he has about 3 or 4 tracks on that SOS album

Okka

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:17:42 AM »
I think most of us did. There's more than one song too.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 09:24:39 AM »
yeah I found out about this sometime in the 2000's...he has about 3 or 4 tracks on that SOS album

I just found out in that recent VLadTV interview—Kurupt had enough skill then that he could’ve even made it on the East Coast and been like nearly Nas level had he never moved to the West judging from his performance on here he still would’ve made noise

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 09:26:42 AM »

Same

Okka

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 01:10:51 PM »
I just found out in that recent VLadTV interview—Kurupt had enough skill then that he could’ve even made it on the East Coast and been like nearly Nas level had he never moved to the West judging from his performance on here he still would’ve made noise

The S.O.S. Band is from Atlanta.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 01:24:52 PM »
The S.O.S. Band is from Atlanta.

I’m just speaking in hypotheticals—but my point was his sound got more gangsta with Death Row—but that even before that he could’ve ran with that Rakim style all the way to stardom just being an East Coast artist from Philly

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 07:24:18 AM »
I’m just speaking in hypotheticals—but my point was his sound got more gangsta with Death Row—but that even before that he could’ve ran with that Rakim style all the way to stardom just being an East Coast artist from Philly

even spittin gangsta rhymes, kurupt always had an east coast style and was more of an emcee than a rapper

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 12:43:54 AM »

even spittin gangsta rhymes, kurupt always had an east coast style and was more of an emcee than a rapper

Word

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »

That was always the beautiful thing about “New York, New York”—if Rolling Stones was a real magazine and not Illuminati they would not be dickriding their stooge Puffy and ranking Biggie number 1

But tracks like “New York, New York” should be top 10 in any serious magazine or media ranking.  When you consider the East and West War and Kurupt making a statement that Death Row and the West Coast could beat the East at their own game—Kurupt says it perfectly in the Show Documentary he says the East Coast wanted to call out Death Row and west coast and say “oh they can’t really rap” well he served all of them when they dropped the video for “New York, New York”

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 09:46:06 AM »
the tracks Kurupt did when he was back in Philly around '96-97 is some of my favorite material from him

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 10:49:52 PM »
That was always the beautiful thing about “New York, New York”—if Rolling Stones was a real magazine and not Illuminati they would not be dickriding their stooge Puffy and ranking Biggie number 1

But tracks like “New York, New York” should be top 10 in any serious magazine or media ranking.  When you consider the East and West War and Kurupt making a statement that Death Row and the West Coast could beat the East at their own game—Kurupt says it perfectly in the Show Documentary he says the East Coast wanted to call out Death Row and west coast and say “oh they can’t really rap” well he served all of them when they dropped the video for “New York, New York”

Exactly, NY NY came to my mind too, top notch lyrics, as said he beat them at their own game..

Crazy verses.

DJSpin

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »
I think most of us did. There's more than one song too.

teecee

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 02:29:07 PM »
How about this one?

Prodigy of Mobb Deep with an uncredited appearance on the Boyz n the Hood sdtrk…

He was only 16 when he recorded this

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 09:58:37 PM »
How about this one?

Prodigy of Mobb Deep with an uncredited appearance on the Boyz n the Hood sdtrk…

He was only 16 when he recorded this

Timestamp?