Author Topic: Classic Big C-Style Interview  (Read 91 times)

Okka

Classic Big C-Style Interview
« on: June 30, 2022, 07:21:20 AM »
Y'all gotta check out this classic interview with Big C-Style. So much DPG and Long Beach history in this interview. Big Style confirms it was him, Snoop and The D.O.C. that came up with "Tha Dogg Pound" name before Daz and Kurupt became the music group. Snoop told Big Style he needs to fuck with Crooked I after they heard him rap for the first time back in the early 90's. "Murder Was The Case" was basically a LBC Crew album before Suge changed it and started adding more Death Row artists to it etc...

- Connection with Snoop

- Snoop's first producer "Enough" sessions

- The firsts trips to Dr. Dre's house

- Ice T conversations about the music business

- First sessions at Can Am

- Discovering L.T. Hutton

- "Murder Was The Case" was the original origins of the "LBC Crew Comp" project.

- And much more!!!!!!

Part 1 of the interview.

Part 2 of the interview.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, astra4322

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Classic Big C-Style Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 11:41:43 AM »
Classic interview for sure!! Props for posting.

Most interviews I feel like they never do the right way because either the interviewer doesn’t know the material well enough or the one being interviewed isn’t articulate enough—or it’s something they are doing for the mainstream.

But this one right here was for the people that really know the music and the history following it from way back he was breaking it down how it all happened—and you see that he was behind a lot of great music—some which came out and some that didn’t come out when it should’ve but it wasn’t his fault, Suge blocked it and Capitol Black division folded on him as well

But love hearing him mentioning how “Dropping Bombz” was a really significant track that started it, cause that’s one of my all time favorite and most underrated joints thank god it ended up on a classic soundtrack so everyone got to hear it
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Okka