Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 38001 times)

BJV

Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2023, 02:30:24 PM »
I have the CD with Gz Up Hoez Down on it  8)

how many hits do Quik, Warren. Soopafly and the rest done lately?

I never doubt Dre, every time he has been counted out he came back stronger

As far as I know Dre hasn't produced a chart topping song since I need a Doctor in 2011 and that beat was done by Alex da Kid. But I think we are getting to the source of the problem here. Dre hasn't produced a hit single in a long ass time. I think whatever project he wants to come out with next needs a hit single to light the flame under it.

topdogg188

« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2023, 12:57:28 AM »

dre has never in his life had a ghost producer, but i see what time u on

:ray:

Haha, i didnt mean ghost producers. I meant production collaborators.

mtbsm

« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2023, 06:22:49 AM »
Think main thing with Dre is that he has never found that single to set it off with last 25 years. How We Do maybe closest but gave that to 50/Game.

Kush was close - best sounding, most Dre-like beat any of his collaborators put together for him - but song itself was average.

Think they got a hit for Missionary that they can lead with? If not, it aint happening

Sccit

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2023, 10:16:16 AM »
Think main thing with Dre is that he has never found that single to set it off with last 25 years. How We Do maybe closest but gave that to 50/Game.

Kush was close - best sounding, most Dre-like beat any of his collaborators put together for him - but song itself was average.

Think they got a hit for Missionary that they can lead with? If not, it aint happening

the best chance he had was if he used that whole “i gave up smoke” thing to make a song based around the topic .. but smoke can mean anything ala beef, etc. it was a huge story, if he woulda dropped a catchy dre produced song in relation to that a few days later then it woulda been everywhere … woulda been marketing brilliance at its finest .. unfortunately he wasted that headline on some smokeless firepit or whatever it was lolllll

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »

the best chance he had was if he used that whole “i gave up smoke” thing to make a song based around the topic .. but smoke can mean anything ala beef.azz it was a huge story, if he woulda dropped a catchy dre produced song in relation to that a few days later then it woulda been everywhere … woulda been marketing brilliance at its finest .. unfortunately he wasted that headline on some smokeless firepit or whatever it was lolllll

remember when dre was accidentally leaking stuff to feel out responses? crack a bottle, under pressure... damn, he got so trigger shy

Sccit

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »
remember when dre was accidentally leaking stuff to feel out responses? crack a bottle, under pressure... damn, he got so trigger shy

crack a bottle became a single tho

was it confirmed he was the one leaking it??

Dwax-187

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2023, 03:41:03 PM »

the best chance he had was if he used that whole “i gave up smoke” thing to make a song based around the topic .. but smoke can mean anything ala beef.azz it was a huge story, if he woulda dropped a catchy dre produced song in relation to that a few days later then it woulda been everywhere … woulda been marketing brilliance at its finest .. unfortunately he wasted that headline on some smokeless firepit or whatever it was lolllll

Yea this is a great point… that whole snoop bit about quitting smoke, then a video of him sitting beside a firepit?

???

Still have no idea of the purpose or point of that ad? Is this a smokeless firepit you get at your local store for bbq?

Sccit

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2023, 05:47:56 PM »
Yea this is a great point… that whole snoop bit about quitting smoke, then a video of him sitting beside a firepit?

???

Still have no idea of the purpose or point of that ad? Is this a smokeless firepit you get at your local store for bbq?

looks like it

mtbsm

« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2023, 03:32:18 AM »

Naw that’s all me speculating. Just going off his interviews at the time. Dre a bad actor

AftermathBeats

« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »
Casablanco is on the way, Missionary is on the Way.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2023, 08:16:49 AM »
Casablanco is on the way, Missionary is on the Way.

Helter Skelter too

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2023, 09:04:26 AM »

I call bullshit.. no way Dre would leak something like that.. he's always been totally against internet downloading and all that since the Napster days, and even worse the leak came out with someone else spitting his vocals.

That song was a hit that never really hit
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2023, 09:42:38 AM »
I call bullshit.. no way Dre would leak something like that.. he's always been totally against internet downloading and all that since the Napster days, and even worse the leak came out with someone else spitting his vocals.

that part

mtbsm

« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2023, 10:53:56 AM »
Crack a bottle terrible song - but did numbers

topdogg188

« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2023, 11:49:23 AM »

I remember the rumour being Bishop Lamont being kicked out the camp for leaking Grow up to try and get a buzz going so agree Dre would unlikely leak himself