Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 38876 times)

goodyoung

Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2024, 07:38:12 AM »

Jesus Is King 2 was finished and eventually leaked.. Not sure why it wasn’t released but that was Kanye’s album to put out, not an Aftermath album

It was being promoted as Kanye & Dre album though even on it's cover, so I guess it was supposed to be GOOD Music/Aftermath release

Mary J situation is kinda similar to Missionary tbh. They might not have worked on it as actively but it still counts because they announced it and Dre was excited af to work on it. Matter fact, Dre actually mentioned her album in an interview, which is something he still didn't do for Snoop. The only time Dre sort of acknowledge Missionary, is in that short Busta Rhymes video, where he says he's been working on Snoop shit, without even mentioning it was a full album, not just few songs.

teecee

« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2024, 07:58:24 AM »
“I can let the rabbit out the hat. I’ve been working on a record with Dr. Dre for the past 8 months. We’re about ready to drop a single in a couple weeks, so that’s what I’ve been cooking up,” Snoop told GMA‘s Michael Strahan while promoting his new Prime Video movie, The Underdoggs.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/snoop-dogg-recording-new-album-dr-dre-single-1235590159/amp/

AftermathBeats

« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2024, 08:47:54 AM »
That's why he didn't start Mary J Blidge's album. Focus is on Snoop's album then the release of Marsha Ambrosius. One by one

Tony Trey

« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2024, 08:56:36 AM »

in the last 10-15 years, which projects did dre announce that didn’t drop?

Why are you defending Dre? He's a fucking clown at this point, who keeps fucking over everyone he works with. He's either so fucking ADHD that he can't focus on finishing anything or he's got such bad OCD that he can't ever sit back and objectively look at his own work and say, you know, that's good enough and instead has to take literal years to finish a handful of songs.

God some of yall are hopeless lol
In 2030 yall still gonna be like "there was no official cancelation, just 2 more days guys"

It's sick, isn't it? There's Dre fanboys in here that acting like battered housewives, making excuses for their abuser.

Just curious, how much time needs to pass before you to realise it's not coming? Because for some people, who still believe Detox is coming, even 20 years wasn't enough
Jon Connor album
Detox
The Planets
Mary J album
Kanye album
LL album (sort of)
Missionary
Reformation
Marsha's album is still in the question

Pretty much everything, except for Compton and Anderson Paak first album

Thank you. I'm sure there's more too.

goodyoung

« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2024, 09:23:52 AM »
It's sick, isn't it? There's Dre fanboys in here that acting like battered housewives, making excuses for their abuser.
We coming back here in a couple weeks to hear that new single that Snoop promised. If it isn't out by then....we gonna give it 2 more days.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Sccit

« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2024, 03:21:07 PM »
God some of yall are hopeless lol
In 2030 yall still gonna be like "there was no official cancelation, just 2 more days guys"

i think there’s a difference between 1 year and 10 years my friend

for instance, we been working on rbx album for 2 years

if some cats online was talkin bout “oh my goodness!! why is it taking so long?!?? it’s never dropping!!!!!!” and losing their shit because they think great music is made over night, i personally would think they trippin

so i’m talkin to yall from a producer perspective, not a consumer perspective

take it for what it is

Sccit

« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2024, 03:29:45 PM »
It was being promoted as Kanye & Dre album though even on it's cover, so I guess it was supposed to be GOOD Music/Aftermath release

Mary J situation is kinda similar to Missionary tbh. They might not have worked on it as actively but it still counts because they announced it and Dre was excited af to work on it. Matter fact, Dre actually mentioned her album in an interview, which is something he still didn't do for Snoop. The only time Dre sort of acknowledge Missionary, is in that short Busta Rhymes video, where he says he's been working on Snoop shit, without even mentioning it was a full album, not just few songs.

we’ll see homie

Sccit

« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2024, 03:30:58 PM »
Why are you defending Dre? He's a fucking clown at this point, who keeps fucking over everyone he works with. He's either so fucking ADHD that he can't focus on finishing anything or he's got such bad OCD that he can't ever sit back and objectively look at his own work and say, you know, that's good enough and instead has to take literal years to finish a handful of songs.

Thank you. I'm sure there's more too.

that’s why dre is dre and you’re tony trey

keep hatin tho

dre track record speak for itself my dude

The following users thanked this post: Malcy

Matty

« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2024, 10:07:55 PM »
a few more

Eve Aftermath LP (100% complete)
Statlanta (100% complete)
Busta Rhymes 2nd Aftermath LP
Slim The Mobster LP

i think that Justus dude from Compton was meant to have an album too.

Dwax-187

« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2024, 10:12:42 PM »

for instance, we been working on rbx album for 2 years

if some cats online was talkin bout “oh my goodness!! why is it taking so long?!?? it’s never dropping!!!!!!” and losing their shit because they think great music is made over night, i personally would think they trippin

so i’m talkin to yall from a producer perspective, not a consumer perspective

take it for what it is

Just curious about the music biz these days… if you work on an album for 2 years, what is the return on investment (roi).  In 2 years, how much time (hours) have you put into the RBX project and how much do you expect to make as a profit?

How much does Itunes pay?  Or any another comparable platform?  How much does it cost to break even?

Sccit

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2024, 10:15:04 PM »
a few more

Slim The Mobster LP

helter skelter
make ups to break ups
chairman of the boards
king t
hittman
rakim
hayes
king mez

what else?

Sccit

« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2024, 10:23:49 PM »

Just curious about the music biz these days… if you work on an album for 2 years, what is the return on investment (roi).  In 2 years, how much time (hours) have you put into the RBX project and how much do you expect to make as a profit?

How much does Itunes pay?  Or any another comparable platform?  How much does it cost to break even?

there’s more than 1 answer to each of these questions

as for return on investment, it really depends on how much you invest .. the more money you spend on marketing and promo = the more money you get back

and how much you can get back is a crapshoot, but the more you push the product the better .. so that extends beyond investing money- you gota put in the time and energy to maximize profits

i cant tell you exactly how many hours were spent on making the album, but i can tell u that it was an unhealthy amount of sleepless nights from start to finish

that’s just me personally tho.. every artist is different 

hitsaw

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2024, 10:55:03 PM »
helter skelter
make ups to break ups
chairman of the boards
king t
hittman
rakim
hayes
king mez

Relapse 2

what else?

Dwax-187

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2024, 11:30:25 PM »

there’s more than 1 answer to each of these questions

as for return on investment, it really depends on how much you invest .. the more money you spend on marketing and promo = the more money you get back

and how much you can get back is a crapshoot, but the more you push the product the better .. so that extends beyond investing money- you gota put in the time and energy to maximize profits

i cant tell you exactly how many hours were spent on making the album, but i can tell u that it was an unhealthy amount of sleepless nights from start to finish

that’s just me personally tho.. every artist is different

Hopefully for your sake you at least break even with the RBX project.  Sounds like you might be losing money if this album is 2 years iin the making with no real promo or release date, especially for an artiist peaking 30 years ago.

Im still ready for a nostalgia album when or if it drops!  8)

goodyoung

« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2024, 11:34:55 PM »

Man of course there's a difference
But from what we've learnt from Dre in the last 20 years, it always starts the same way

a few more

Slim The Mobster LP

Nah we only talk about last 10-15 years. All that shit was before that.
Also Justus wasn't even on Aftermath, I think