Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 38862 times)

Okka

Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2024, 02:38:41 AM »

yea.. it’ll be back when the albums out

Why? What's going on?

Sccit

« Reply #376 on: February 01, 2024, 07:16:11 AM »
Why? What's going on?

too many singles on streaming prior to album drop .. we anticipated a 2023 release, but with all the delays, we’re trying to avoid getting too stale prior to the release

there will also be a bonus track available only on the physical

topdogg188

« Reply #377 on: February 01, 2024, 07:23:11 AM »
I remember when I pre-ordered RBX's Broken Silence album for download right here on Dubcnn back in 2007 or 8 - then never received it to this day! I sent emails to Nima back then asking what happened.
I then asked some forum members to send me a download rip link and some guy then did after private messaging me to send him my purchase receipt as proof which I did...hopefully that won't repeat this time around!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #378 on: February 01, 2024, 07:31:38 AM »
too many singles on streaming prior to album drop .. we anticipated a 2023 release, but with all the delays, we’re trying to avoid getting too stale prior to the release

there will also be a bonus track available only on the physical

I think it'd be interesting, coming from a producer who is working on an album that's been delayed multiple times, what were the delays exactly?  Sometimes people here give artists and producers a hard time when they miss their anticipated release dates.  They think it's as simple as recording an album, converting to digital and releasing it.  I know it's much more complicated than that.  Sample clearances, mixing, etc.  Just curious on what some of the delays were in this particular case.  Just so we can get some insight on the inner workings of an album release and what all goes into it.  Would be an interesting read. 

Sccit

« Reply #379 on: February 01, 2024, 08:53:09 AM »
I think it'd be interesting, coming from a producer who is working on an album that's been delayed multiple times, what were the delays exactly?  Sometimes people here give artists and producers a hard time when they miss their anticipated release dates.  They think it's as simple as recording an album, converting to digital and releasing it.  I know it's much more complicated than that.  Sample clearances, mixing, etc.  Just curious on what some of the delays were in this particular case.  Just so we can get some insight on the inner workings of an album release and what all goes into it.  Would be an interesting read.

one example;

the latest delay was due to mastering issues

the album wasn’t leveled correctly upon running the final tests .. we were supposed to send it in for pressing that day, but noticed the inaccuracies, hence another setback

in turn, we had to reach back out to big bass and have him correct the issue

then once he finally got the leveling right we went back again and during this test we noticed that somehow panning got lost in the intro.. so another setback- this time we had to go back and have him re-master the intro

and many artists would’ve just released it as is the first time, without going back and looking for these minor discrepancies 

but when you genuinely care about your craft, you want to get it right, and the most minute details that get overlooked by the fans can become extremely time consuming for those crafting the project, creating multiple setbacks at every step of the way

The following users thanked this post: Detox Is A Myth!!!, dnjp4life, Marco, Dwax-187

Sccit

« Reply #380 on: February 01, 2024, 08:56:16 AM »
I remember when I pre-ordered RBX's Broken Silence album for download right here on Dubcnn back in 2007 or 8 - then never received it to this day! I sent emails to Nima back then asking what happened.
I then asked some forum members to send me a download rip link and some guy then did after private messaging me to send him my purchase receipt as proof which I did...hopefully that won't repeat this time around!

well we weren’t involved back then.. now with labcabin records running things, it 100% won’t happen again.

matter of fact let me know when u place your order and i’ll include the fatlip torpor CD in your package on GP

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #381 on: February 01, 2024, 03:46:54 PM »
Yeah, looks like Snoop is getting this out with Dre!

He said the single is coming in a couple of weeks and he also played some tracks for them

https://youtu.be/7TzeytIcMKw?si=DGTE1w5UPYqf7Rbb

Just happy that I’m still going to hear a Snoop and Dre project

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Dwax-187

« Reply #382 on: February 01, 2024, 04:18:06 PM »

well that depends on if people like u support it foreal or just stream it which hurts most artists

we sold out of the fatlip vinyl but only a couple people on this website actually supported it

hoping for more love on here for rbx tho

I support it for real by even talking about and discussing it on fan forums such as this, which is considered marketing.

Im an old man… I used to collect CDd and tape cassettes in the 90s when they were relevant; all I do now is pay Apple a monthly fee to subscribe to infinite amounts of music. 

I do still purchase merch, for nostalgia reasons.  I collect hats.  If RBX has merch for sale with a shopify credible website I will definitely look at it.   8)

rivoli

« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2024, 03:29:37 AM »
Like we always do about this time   8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2024, 10:20:11 AM »
one example;

the latest delay was due to mastering issues

the album wasn’t leveled correctly upon running the final tests .. we were supposed to send it in for pressing that day, but noticed the inaccuracies, hence another setback

in turn, we had to reach back out to big bass and have him correct the issue

then once he finally got the leveling right we went back again and during this test we noticed that somehow panning got lost in the intro.. so another setback- this time we had to go back and have him re-master the intro

and many artists would’ve just released it as is the first time, without going back and looking for these minor discrepancies 

but when you genuinely care about your craft, you want to get it right, and the most minute details that get overlooked by the fans can become extremely time consuming for those crafting the project, creating multiple setbacks at every step of the way

Very interesting, thanks for the insight.

Jay_J

« Reply #385 on: February 02, 2024, 01:51:38 PM »
All you gotta get is a single only from missionary project which is already shelved but they dont tell you.

rivoli

« Reply #386 on: February 02, 2024, 06:04:58 PM »
Is there any update which producers dre is working with for missionary.

dnjp4life

« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2024, 08:52:03 AM »
I don't doubt that the album is coming, or at the very least a single produced by Dr. Dre. I don't take Snoop as a liar about these things, or The D.O.C for that matter, and it seems there is momentum and things are coming together. The question is, will it be any good?

I think the days of Dr. Dre breaking a new artist are over, we all know the music industry has changed massively and a co-sign simply isn't enough to make it anymore. So Dre going back to his tried and trusted artists like Snoop Dogg is a safe bet at this point.

mtbsm

« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2024, 02:46:43 PM »
Strahan saying that Snoop had some crazy features was interesting. Wonder who

rivoli

« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2024, 06:01:22 PM »
I feel jigga is going to be in it