Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 37242 times)

BJV

Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)
« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2024, 08:08:48 AM »
I think he meant that if an old artist realizes he's irrelevant to the young crowd that hip hop appeals to, it might reinvigorate the artist to try harder to make good music.

I will say that Michael Jordan noticed that the young basketball fans had stopped recognizing how good he was, which is why he did "The Last Dance" to kind of reintroduce himself to a new generation of basketball fans who didn't grow up watching him play in the 80s and 90s.

So I think that's what OP meant by saying it's good that young fans don't know who Dre is. However, I don't know if Dre cares about what young hip hop fans in the 2020s think about him, honestly.

Kids know who Dre is. 2Pac is still huge too. A lot of kids and young adults these days actually love 90s music. If you look at streaming stats you wil also see that a lot of old music is doing better than new music.

The following users thanked this post: Detox Is A Myth!!!

Sccit

« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2024, 08:35:27 AM »
I watched this event live and just think that The Game fucked up his relationschip with Dre. They even aint mentioned him when that guy read a fuckn loooong list artists Dre worked with. Documentary was the one of the biggest west coast album produced by Dre.
Game is soooo dumb. He could stand with them yesterday. Lol im so courious if he cryied and the same with Daz...

RBX tends to keep to himself so he also gets left out of these things a lot

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2024, 09:01:12 AM »
RBX tends to keep to himself so he also gets left out of these things a lot

8)

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2024, 09:05:37 AM »
https://chadkiser.com/2024/03/20/dr-dre-announces-new-eminem-album-is-on-the-way/
50 knew, but snoop....funny that there are three sizes there. but dre only mentioned eminem

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2024, 09:47:32 AM »
https://chadkiser.com/2024/03/20/dr-dre-announces-new-eminem-album-is-on-the-way/
50 knew, but snoop....funny that there are three sizes there. but dre only mentioned eminem

Huh???
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

b.laden

« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2024, 09:58:27 AM »
I think he meant that if an old artist realizes he's irrelevant to the young crowd that hip hop appeals to, it might reinvigorate the artist to try harder to make good music.

dont know why but Too Short still relevant to the game . is he  the only one ??? i think he s
Too Short last albums and mixtapes are pretty good and suits entirely to the new sound .

h2k4

« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2024, 07:34:41 PM »
I watched this event live and just think that The Game fucked up his relationschip with Dre. They even aint mentioned him when that guy read a fuckn loooong list artists Dre worked with. Documentary was the one of the biggest west coast album produced by Dre.
Game is soooo dumb. He could stand with them yesterday. Lol im so courious if he cryied and the same with Daz...

Game says a lot of dumb things and a lot of times, he says it because drama sells, however, his best albums came after Dre's involvement. No doubt, the Dr. Dre co-sign helped him break through but it's hard to dispute Game's artistry with the discography that he has. Financially, he definitely screwed himself though.

Dre did not create K. Dot. He just rode the wave that Top Dawg built. No doubt, a Dr. Dre produced album is the pinnacle for a lot of people but he isn't the ONE anymore. So many other dope producers that can actually deliver a product.

You can see how Snoop felt when Dre mentioned the Em project. It was pretty sad to see...

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Sccit

« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2024, 08:21:59 PM »
Game says a lot of dumb things and a lot of times, he says it because drama sells, however, his best albums came after Dre's involvement. No doubt, the Dr. Dre co-sign helped him break through but it's hard to dispute Game's artistry with the discography that he has. Financially, he definitely screwed himself though.

Dre did not create K. Dot. He just rode the wave that Top Dawg built. No doubt, a Dr. Dre produced album is the pinnacle for a lot of people but he isn't the ONE anymore. So many other dope producers that can actually deliver a product.

You can see how Snoop felt when Dre mentioned the Em project. It was pretty sad to see...

games best album is the documentary so no his best albums weren’t after dre bro

Zeccy

« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2024, 09:29:40 PM »

What em project?

Dwax-187

« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2024, 09:58:26 PM »
Game says a lot of dumb things and a lot of times, he says it because drama sells,

I saw that too, but reading between the lines theres some rivalry or shift with Eminem and Snoop in the background.  2 little bros fighting. 

Jimmy asked if Eminem would be in Snoops new album and Dre immediately jumped in and changed the subject… for better or worse.  I highly doubt you will hear an Eminem verse on Snoops new album.

Sccit

« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2024, 10:01:08 PM »
they did that joint together last year tho which was actually pretty dope

but yea, snoop always felt some typa way bout em, no doubt

heisenberg

« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2024, 09:05:09 AM »
I can see Daz and Game not being there bit what was odd to me is no Cube or Kendrick being there.  Even spots Dre's son Curtis Young in the cut.

cube is currently touring in canada no ?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2024, 01:06:38 PM »
snoop always felt some typa way bout em, no doubt

It's because for about six years or so, Dre and Snoop were the main duo whenever Dre was brought up, but then Em came aboard and the Dre and Em relationship began to eclipse Dre's relationship with Snoop. Snoop has always been insecure about how revered the Em and Dre combination is. It's some psychological thing going on, like Snoop was the favored son in the family until the younger brother supplanted him. In other words, Snoop is insecure about having to "share" Dre with another artist in Eminem who, at his height, was bigger than Snoop.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #523 on: March 22, 2024, 05:07:13 AM »
Eminem listening Party , one Day after Jimmy Kimmel

The Predator

« Reply #524 on: March 22, 2024, 06:52:33 AM »
Dr. Dre, Mr. Porter, Royce 5’9, The Alchemist, and Shady Records’ newest signee, Ez Mil, side by side with Em

We can expect to hear a lot of Ez-Mill, let's see if he can keep up with the man who signed him.