Author Topic: The Many Dr Dre Artist that never made it Documentary  (Read 529 times)

abusive

The Many Dr Dre Artist that never made it Documentary
« on: January 10, 2023, 06:25:09 AM »

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

abusive

Re: The Many Dr Dre Artist that never made it Documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:25:03 PM »
Were there more artist not named?

thegooddoc

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 07:08:52 PM »
Were there more artist not named?

Did you do this?  Pretty interesting video.  To be fair to Dre, he simply runs his label like every old school label.  The artist gets signed, the label tries to develop the artist and if they like the material they release it.  In Dre's case, the bar to release the album is high and he is looking for quality. I'm sure if you looked at other labels, you will see plenty of artists/groups that simply never make it or get released.

abusive

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 02:52:46 PM »
Did you do this?  Pretty interesting video.  To be fair to Dre, he simply runs his label like every old school label.  The artist gets signed, the label tries to develop the artist and if they like the material they release it.  In Dre's case, the bar to release the album is high and he is looking for quality. I'm sure if you looked at other labels, you will see plenty of artists/groups that simply never make it or get released.
Why do you guys think I make these various videos I post? People have asked me that for years at various boards. If it sounds like something I would say it might be, which is why I gravitate to the video and eventually post it. No it's not me.

Dwax-187

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 04:35:52 PM »
Fascinating video.  I always remember hearing about these guys, year to year, but now its summed up in one vid.  Seems like guys wasted years of their lives just waiting for something to happen, then it never happened.

A great follow up documentary (part 2) would be to see what these “almost” rappers do for a living. Especially Bishop Lamont. What does Hittman now?

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Jay_J

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 03:12:32 PM »
how many of y'all know about Aimee Terrin? who signed to aftermath records in 2001 and recorded an album which is shelved but wait for it, while she is leaving and decided to be an independent artist she asked dre for masters of her records and dre let her take them out of the company. she released it independently without any credits, i guess thats how she had to do it because of publishing issues.

there are 4 songs on the album that dre has his hands on. you know one of it very well, actually you all think it was truth hurts but it's Aimee. i'm talking about "When You Die" which you know as "After You Die" ft. Rakim.

other 3 songs that dr. dre is involved are Handle Your Business, Why and Save You.

when you hear some songs you can feel the vibe in "Truthfully Speaking" album which is released in 2002. I guess dre decided to try his first rnb/hiphop album experience with Truth instead Aimee.

anyway here's the album. check it out.

The following users thanked this post: J-Fox, Matty, gio™fugahoo, abusive

abusive

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 07:28:47 AM »
A great follow up documentary (part 2) would be to see what these “almost” rappers do for a living. Especially Bishop Lamont. What does Hittman now?
https://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php/topic,341091.0.html

J-Fox

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 08:08:45 AM »
how many of y'all know about Aimee Terrin? who signed to aftermath records in 2001 and recorded an album which is shelved but wait for it, while she is leaving and decided to be an independent artist she asked dre for masters of her records and dre let her take them out of the company. she released it independently without any credits, i guess thats how she had to do it because of publishing issues.

there are 4 songs on the album that dre has his hands on. you know one of it very well, actually you all think it was truth hurts but it's Aimee. i'm talking about "When You Die" which you know as "After You Die" ft. Rakim.

other 3 songs that dr. dre is involved are Handle Your Business, Why and Save You.

when you hear some songs you can feel the vibe in "Truthfully Speaking" album which is released in 2002. I guess dre decided to try his first rnb/hiphop album experience with Truth instead Aimee.

Thank you for this! I've been listening to these songs for the past week. Can you share any source for Dre's involvement in any of the songs you mentioned? Why and Save You both sound like they were possibly produced by Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo, but most wouldn't be surprised to hear if they were produced by Mel-Man, Focus, or Mark Batson instead. Don't Want A Man also sounds like it could've been produced by one of them. Handle Your Business sounds more like a Timbaland of Danja production to me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 04:03:55 AM by J-Fox »
It is what it is.

The following users thanked this post: gio™fugahoo

Hittman2001

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 09:24:57 AM »
Thank you for this! I've been listening to these songs for the past week. Can you share any source for Dre's involvement in any of the songs you mentioned? Why and Save You both sound like they were possibly produced by Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo, but most wouldn't be surprised to hear if they were produced by Mel-Man, Focus, or Bark Batson instead. Don't Want A Man also sounds like it could've been produced by one of them. Handle Your Business sounds more like a Timbaland of Danja production to me.

This is a missed gem.  I've listened to this album since finding out about it.  Cleanest copy of that Rakim song too.  Save you is probably my favorite.  You can tell time was put into making these songs, not an unfinished album.  Only thing it's missing is a hit single

The following users thanked this post: J-Fox, gio™fugahoo

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 07:19:30 PM »

Wow thanks bro
I didn’t knew her, but what a dope album
Damn these Dre beats I love the guitar on them

Fellas trust me listen to her album perfect imperfection  :o :o 8)

Jay j thanks again ✌️👍

Hittman2001

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 05:49:35 AM »

Wow thanks bro
I didn’t knew her, but what a dope album
Damn these Dre beats I love the guitar on them

Fellas trust me listen to her album perfect imperfection  :o :o 8)

Jay j thanks again ✌️👍

Definitely Mike Elizondo on these tracks with Dre

The following users thanked this post: gio™fugahoo

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 03:33:53 PM »
Definitely Mike Elizondo on these tracks with Dre

Definitely 💯

Jay_J

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 11:41:35 PM »
Thank you for this! I've been listening to these songs for the past week. Can you share any source for Dre's involvement in any of the songs you mentioned? Why and Save You both sound like they were possibly produced by Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo, but most wouldn't be surprised to hear if they were produced by Mel-Man, Focus, or Mark Batson instead. Don't Want A Man also sounds like it could've been produced by one of them. Handle Your Business sounds more like a Timbaland of Danja production to me.

http://www.lamusicawards.com/act/aimee-terrin/

"Aimee Terrin

Performer at the 16th Annual LA Music Awards

2006 Founder Award – Solo Artist of the Year – 16th Annual LA Music Awards

Riding high on the success of her recent award as “Solo Artist of the Year” at the 2006 Los Angeles Music Awards, Aimee is proud to release this much anticipated independent album “Perfect Imperfection” (TerriNova Records). Aimee has received international praise for her unique blend of groove-laden brand of alternative/funk/hip-hop music.

With vast musical influences ranging from the classic Jazz/R&B/Soul sounds of Bille Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, and Sarah Vaughn to the grooves of trend-setters Massive Attack, Radiohead, The Smiths, New Order, Mobb Deep, Wu Tang Clan, and Dr. Dre to name a few, Aimee Terrin combines the best of old-school soul with infectious R&B/hip-hop with a unique alternative edge. These collective sounds are clearly evident in this outstanding album.

Aimee’s vocal presence can also be heard on major recording projects from a wide array of world-acclaimed performers such as Massive Attack, producer Glen Ballard, P.O.D, Pancho Sanchez and even the Godfather of Funk, George Clinton, who was so taken by Aimee’s unique talent that he also produced and sang with Aimee on “Radio Friendly DJ’s.” Rap/hip-hop mogul Dr. Dre also lended a hand in the production of the songs “Handle Your Business,” “Why,” and “Save You” which are also featured on Aimee’s CD release.

Aimee’s lyrical prowess has also received critical acclaim, not only does she write and perform all her own material but she’s also written songs for such diverse artists from the R&B duo Floetry to the modern hard rock group P.O.D.

©2015 LA Music Awards"

k1000

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 12:41:26 AM »

cant believe i'm learning this this late. thx for the info.

k1000

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 12:42:56 AM »

"Doobie Ashtray" by Devin the Dude anyone?